It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Understand Genesis (Creation of Adam & Eve)?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaplateausFlight

seeing how u understand will u give me a summary of with your mind in on cus i can only get 1/2 the page then i only still have my mind and without ue side ur data no double the space on my mind

Use the scroll bar under the picture to see the other half. After that I would be happy to answer any questions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Who really understands the process by which a creator, creates? The reason for 'genesis' is a moot one, and probably outside of our scope to understand properly.
Suffice to say, all cosmological treatises, describe some form of combination/recombination of elements. The Adam&Eve story talks of more than one combination, when read properly.
The final one mentions the breath of spirit infusing a clod of 'clay'. The mention of a rib in the story is an interesting addition, especially since the advent of our own research into 'life manipulation'.
Places where DNA can be accessed easily and plentifully are the bones which contain the marrow. The shin and the rib. I suspect the rib was a case of artistic licence...although, then again, it may have been the process by which this was being done at that stage.
Given the illustration, present in most cosmological treatises which describe the body variously as a 'vessel' or a 'vehicle'...the infusion of a 'driving' force would become necessary, hence the infusion of 'spirit'. The suggestion here (and it is in no way reserved for the Christian tradition) is that, the body is but a vehicle for the spirit, or soul - the breath of life.
Given that, the GODS, who made man in THIER image - by inference, were following a process, which would produce the given result, according to an 'image', or blueprint. The inclusion of the (on the surface) confusing use of the plural GODS, and THIER, image...points to the definite conclusion that those who created us were not necessarily THE GOD, but, HIS/HER emisseries who did so, under instruction, following a process, from a blueprint, using the DNA of the original to create another, which would accept the seed (which contains half the DNA) necessary to perpetuate the excercise outside of laboratory conditions. Man and woman.
Any mention or intimation that other 'beings' existed, should be taken quite literally. There should be no question that this did not all happen without some experimentation...hence, Nod, Lillith etc. etc. etc...
The rest is history!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Yes as well. Father is like a CEO of a company and gives orders to managers who carry out those orders.

Yes correct, that's why we have fossils of dinosaurs. This wasn't the first go around.
edit on 22-8-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
All of mankind started in heaven. They did not interact like the angels did in heaven in the beginning. More so like a placeholder. When God in Genesis said be fruitful and multiply in number, he was talking to all of mankind at once in heaven, as Adam and Eve was not on the Earth yet.

Also, the Bible is not a history book, it does not tell everything specific thing that happened. Other people were put onto the Earth after Adam and Eve in close proximity but not too close. This is how you seen Adams son go off and have children.

I have recently read this somewhere that mankind had started in heaven. It was the first time I heard that. May I ask how you came to this? Its a very interesting look at things.

Again, another outlook that shows that Adam's son did not marry a relative. I appreciate your input!

I agree, its not a history book in the sense it doesn't cover all that happened, it was translated incorrectly in some places, and parts of the book are missing.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Who really understands the process by which a creator, creates? The reason for 'genesis' is a moot one, and probably outside of our scope to understand properly.
Suffice to say, all cosmological treatises, describe some form of combination/recombination of elements. The Adam&Eve story talks of more than one combination, when read properly.
The final one mentions the breath of spirit infusing a clod of 'clay'. The mention of a rib in the story is an interesting addition, especially since the advent of our own research into 'life manipulation'.
Places where DNA can be accessed easily and plentifully are the bones which contain the marrow. The shin and the rib. I suspect the rib was a case of artistic licence...although, then again, it may have been the process by which this was being done at that stage.
Given the illustration, present in most cosmological treatises which describe the body variously as a 'vessel' or a 'vehicle'...the infusion of a 'driving' force would become necessary, hence the infusion of 'spirit'. The suggestion here (and it is in no way reserved for the Christian tradition) is that, the body is but a vehicle for the spirit, or soul - the breath of life.
Given that, the GODS, who made man in THIER image - by inference, were following a process, which would produce the given result, according to an 'image', or blueprint. The inclusion of the (on the surface) confusing use of the plural GODS, and THIER, image...points to the definite conclusion that those who created us were not necessarily THE GOD, but, HIS/HER emisseries who did so, under instruction, following a process, from a blueprint, using the DNA of the original to create another, which would accept the seed (which contains half the DNA) necessary to perpetuate the excercise outside of laboratory conditions. Man and woman.
Any mention or intimation that other 'beings' existed, should be taken quite literally. There should be no question that this did not all happen without some experimentation...hence, Nod, Lillith etc. etc. etc...
The rest is history!
Akushla

Thank you much for sharing. I think that this opens a new perspective indeed. And you covered a point that I had brought up earlier. Other people before/after Adam and Eve.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Originally posted by akushla99
The rest is history!
Akushla

Thank you much for sharing. I think that this opens a new perspective indeed. And you covered a point that I had brought up earlier. Other people before/after Adam and Eve.

You're welcome.
When read in isolation (from other cosmological treatises), and when read as if in chronological order, and with the assumption that there was only One god...it is easy to understand how arguments can start over the interpretation of One recording, from One tradition, translated a retranslated over time to garble the original recording, until, 2011, where humans still ask the inane questions, like, Where the hell did Cain go?...if, Adam&Eve were the first humans...the answer is elementary.
Everyone in school should be made to read all accounts of all creations, including the scientific treatises...they are all the same story!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You are thinking in temporal terms by the perspective of one finite mind. God created the image we reside in. God is not dependent on the image in any way. Light is pre-existen. Let there be light in the image can refer to the light of the sun starting. We cannot assume that we can envision the process. How did Bill gates create his first operating system? At which point did he say, "Let there be dos in the chip." The process of creation is from the back end. We are in the front end.

Originally posted by JonU2

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by SouthernRain55

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

So he created the heavens and earth before light? Which means he created the heavens and earth in the dark!!!!!!!!

Wow, this God dude is GOOD!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I like this......see when you combine ALL we know and summarize it...we are close to 'knowing" a fraction about the Designer/Creator.

There is a plan and the creation story continues....it has not stopped.

My opinion....of course.

If you take into account "time". It sends you on another level of thinking. Take into consideration "light" and everything we know about it....again, sends you to another level of thinking.

When God created he said We create in Our image. Who is we exactly? The trinity? No one knows for sure but I tend to think before "time" we were. God had a thought and thought manifested into the Universe and so on. Spirits wanted to reside here for a while and so they did. They were under certain instructions as God knew this Planet was not a "Heavenly" one....they did not do as Planned? Maybe they did? We do not know ....all we know is this Planet has a lot of evil....WHY? I choose to believe it is because Hell is here....right up under our feet and we are challenged all day every day, even in our sleep to overcome the negativity for God as he experiences everything through us.

This realm of time we live in is for advancing souls quickly as the struggle is intense and the "time" realm is a faster way to advance to perfection as is the Goal for God. ( IMO)

In his perfection state of Love there is no room for the negativity....therefore he rejects it. Period.

If you have this spirit of negativity when you die you will have to accept Jesus AND have a repented heart in order to go back home.

God is LIGHT (wave....the mover of time) , therefore we are unable to "see" him EVER.....we can only feel the radiating love. We can see Jesus and although his light is awesome....it is transparent for our view.

Cain and Able is a story we must learn from. Descendants are equally important.

There are plenty of stories that sum up "right" and "wrong" .....we should live by the Bible as a way of life, however we are not perfect by no means and to strive for perfection often leaves to a self hate. No fear...No worries...do what you can do to help yourself and your neighbor. Be loving and when the time comes to take your last breath ...breathe a sigh of relief that you did the best you could do while living in a realm of a "timed" Hell!

I think I went on and on and hopefully I gave some insight .....

Peace and love to you and yours!!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I like this......see when you combine ALL we know and summarize it...we are close to 'knowing" a fraction about the Designer/Creator.

Thank you for all the time it took you to reply.

Thank you for all the time it took you to reply. I enjoyed the way you spoke of God with such love and light. Lots of individuals believe Hell is right here right now. Another perspective to look upon.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

which is more or less the point i was trying to make... when dealing with ancient folklore, meaning and context morph. we can interpret (as is the intent of OP) the meanings, but we cannot truly, iron-clad, define.

the exercise (and wisdom, imo) lay in the interpretations. in understanding the mythic intent of these profound stories. then we are not bound to literal interpretations, nor trying to make sense of the inconsistencies, and instead can delve into the metaphoric intent of the human conditions these stories are attempting to communicate. Jospeh Campbell made a career of such things.

PS it is possible that Lilith is actually a carry over from Mesopotamian myths, and Adams consorting with her is a metaphor for the ancient hebrews early relations with their neighbors.
edit on 21-8-2011 by mythos because: type-o

edit on 21-8-2011 by mythos because: and another

Well, alot of scholars believe the Bible is just a condensed form of the Sumerian texts, namely the Enuma-elish. Yes Lilith actually originated from Sumerian writings, but she has been found to be in one of the gnostic scriptures as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thank you for all the time it took you to reply. I enjoyed the way you spoke of God with such love and light. Lots of individuals believe Hell is right here right now. Another perspective to look upon.

I have often thought that hell was on earth. Look around the world today and see all the wars and rumors of wars and civil wars, the world economoy in the tank and going bankrupt. Read the book of Revelation and correlate it to current world events and then the book of Revelation will read like a news channels nightly report.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Lots of individuals believe Hell is right here right now. Another perspective to look upon.

Yeah....I actually think it is both. It is here now...and when we "die" we either go up..or we go down.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My personal belief is that it was a summary of events that Moses could understand, remember the creation account was told to Moses, everything up to the Exodus was told to Moses by God.

Even as soon as cain it mentions other people on the earth and describes them as more primitive, perhaps it was a telling of the first Homo sapiens, and the people Cain went to would of been Neanderthals?

Do you know some of the first caves with bones from both species and tools they both used have been found in israel?

So there may have been peaceful mingling, infact that is what its starting to point to that we breed them out of existence.

So even the story of Noah was told to Moses.

If you where describing a very complex process to a child do you tell them even detail? Or do you summarize so the understand? What is more important to you, that the child know every single complex detail, or that he just get the overall point?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Lots of individuals believe Hell is right here right now. Another perspective to look upon.

Yeah....I actually think it is both. It is here now...and when we "die" we either go up..or we go down.

I have heard some who believe that Hell is currently empty and until God sends Satan after the final battle it will stay that way.
I am truly enjoying how everyone is being so respectful of others beliefs and we can actually discuss it. I am so thankful everyone has been "nice" during this thread. lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

My personal belief is that it was a summary of events that Moses could understand, remember the creation account was told to Moses, everything up to the Exodus was told to Moses by God.

Even as soon as cain it mentions other people on the earth and describes them as more primitive, perhaps it was a telling of the first Homo sapiens, and the people Cain went to would of been Neanderthals?

Do you know some of the first caves with bones from both species and tools they both used have been found in israel?

So there may have been peaceful mingling, infact that is what its starting to point to that we breed them out of existence.

So even the story of Noah was told to Moses.

If you where describing a very complex process to a child do you tell them even detail? Or do you summarize so the understand? What is more important to you, that the child know every single complex detail, or that he just get the overall point?

Ahh, great point! Thank you for responding to the thread. Intersting about both species found in the caves of Israel. I did not know that.
I have been leaning towards something very similiar...

On the 6th day God created man. Man inhabited Earth...Later he created Adam and Eve. They were different from those in the sixth day creation. From my understanding it could have been hundreds of years...possibly thousands before he made Adam and Eve. When Cain was banished it was the sixth day creations that he lived among.

That is pretty much your belief as well. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I have often thought that hell was on earth. Look around the world today and see all the wars and rumors of wars and civil wars, the world economoy in the tank and going bankrupt. Read the book of Revelation and correlate it to current world events and then the book of Revelation will read like a news channels nightly report.

Good point as well. Especially compared to how we perceive Heaven...I would say comparing Earth to Hell is a good comparison!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Including gen. 1 and 2 for a basic evaluation of the credibility of the whole story, it's easily seen, that gen 1 and 2 are incompatible with contemporary knowledge from science/logic.

Thus arriving at gen 3 with a story already without credibility, the essence of gen. 3 is about self-proclaimed authority (some chestbeating also takes place in gen. 1 and 2).

This self-proclaimed authority can be considered from two perspectives:

1/ The simple shut-up and follow orders

or

2/ A more complex self-justification on pseudo-epistemological grounds. When this pseudo-epistemology is analysed just a bit more closely from a logical perspective, it is nothing but an elaborate circle-argument: A semantic ornamentation of: BECAUSE.

And some 14 billion years of cosmological development in the cosmos we live in is 'explained' with this "because".

Geez...I know faith isn't supposed to rely on facts, but going to the other extreme of actively supporting irrationalism is going out on a limb.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
1, The seven day start, was to explain to slaves why they rested on the day they rested on, and why they worked on the other days.
It was in effect a very rigid and strict standard of conditions for those slaves
You might be surprised to find that even though a person is a slave, when they work together to build a great monument, as all civilisations seems to have an appetite for, they take pride in the work they do, i'm positive that only a few will continue to rebel against the slave drivers, since non have ever succeeded (there's a reason for this but not for this topic).
2, God, the snake and adam and eve was all about agnosticism and the dangers that beliefs can bring, ultimately how to deceive a person..
3, Cain and able where to add to the argument that attempts to justify punishment.
Adam and eves expulsion from the 'garden' expresses that power comes from 'because one can'. The truth is that a greater 'power' or greater force can do as they are doing, because there is nothing greater that can stop them.
4, The exodus, in conjunction with 3, is recognition of the fact that the might of the egyptians was less than the might of the combined force of the slaves.

For the most part of genesis, the story is not a moral one but one about who should you trust, what should you believe, once again attempting to put a light on the condition of an agnostic existence, which is slanted in favour of a worldly authority, granted by a divine authority..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The story of creation was just an allegory that was easy for the culture at the time to digest.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I too subscribe to the concept of God as the great scientist/architect. I think of angels as the laboratory workers able to combine genes to manifest every plant, animal and biosystem called for in God's great plan.

Everything was fantastic and the angels praised the creation of earth. When God decided to endow Man, with a soul, and the potential of immortality and the ability to truly create, that's when the angels lead by Lucifer decided to revolt and corrupt the humans they so hated.

Who better to put in charge of testing humans than the master geneticists? The angels were given a specific period to do their best to corrupt as many humans as possible. I believe that they are attempting to become immortal by creating hybrids as glorified soul containers.

I believe there will be a showdown between the beings created and lead by The Dragon and human beings. The outcome has already been decided as the script for the drama was completed a million years ago.

The only question remaining is the number of souls who will graduate and live to experience the full frontal glory of God on God's level. The reason Jesus said "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to make it to heaven" is as we approach the final test, persons with more "treasure" or resources will face many many more challenges when it comes to following the rules for passing the test. Thus the poor shall inherit the earth.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. We have been conditioned to compete and hoard and kill. I walk the floor at night wondering how I will react if sitting on 100 lbs of wheat and a homeless man asks for a piece of bread.

I try my best to love you all but I am far from perfect. I am grateful to live in these days when I may find myself facing the ultimate test. God bless us all. I spit on Satan. I reject Satan. I rebuke Satan.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I choose to think of God like he is a scientist, since being the creator of everything he would have to know about molecules/atoms/protons/neutrons, ontop of medical sciences/DNA/RNA/virus'/bactierum etc. My theory is that he most likely created adam and eve through evolution. The reference to God making man out of dirt could just mean that he took the particles and elements found in dirt and used them to create the building blocks of life and maybe amino acids and maybe set the genetic template for life to proliferate. This, however is a scientific rationalization to an act of God that no one to this day can explain with 100% certainty because no one alive now was alive then. The only thing we really have to go on is dusty old tomes and faith.

I guess i have to say if you want the answers to these questions, youre going to have to wait till you die so you can ask him. I know i'm going to ask him, supposing that we don't have access to universal knowledge on the other side.

I think thinking of God in terms of a scientist is intersting. I enjoyed the way you described it quite well. I never thought of it that way before.
I believe along the lines that once we pass on we will know all, but if we don't immediately, I am asking right away! haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join