It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray or You're Fired.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That sucks

Sorry

I would probably just pray.

TOO SATAN!!!! (flashes horns and flicks tongue!)

I say document and lawyer up...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
*scratches head*

Sorry to inform you, but I am one of those nice guys that has never, I mean ever, umm....I mean...working girl.... :shk: Clueless... Wouldn't know even where to look....

But A+ for sending me down that road. Because if it comes down to it, I might just have to resort to "Paybacks are Hell" - It's just ironic it would be in a church.

Sad. I know.

Moral of the story:
DON'T strong arm someone into prayer. Christians of all people should know this. If I had any doubts about my church, they have all come forward at once now.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

...you want to limit how the author of the op uses his thread - and - how long he can vent his frustration - and - report him to the people who are screwing him?... wow - seems like you're taking this way too personally... makes me wonder why...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Or how about taking the guy aside and telling him how you feel?

Tell him how much you love the church and your job, but tell him that you prefer to pray to god alone,
always have, always will.

You can use tact to get him feeling guilty for pressing you if you frame it right...

I will I coud inhabit you for a spell and do it for you, I know how hard these kinds of things can be.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Find out if they employ more than 15 people.

Try to find or ask them for any documentation that you have signed stating you have to participate in such rituals.
They have to if you signed it.

You need to find out if your the only employee that being asked of such demands. Which you will find the answer if thier is documentation that you signed yourself.

If your anwsers are yes, none, and no

Then I would seek legal advice and go from there.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by milkyway12

I have already posted that, you are wasting your time.

I believe we are. The information is out there on this thread, but OP seems bent on gnawing the bone. Also, this has taken a vindictive turn which is disappointing. If I knew the church I'd be tempted to send them this thread.

the guy needs to let it out to his friends and other assorted idiots here on ATS. How often do
we get to discuss a real life situation, the mixes law, politics, employment and religion?

It is odd that you use the word vindictive and then write;

If I knew the church I'd be tempted to send them this thread.

Wowee

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Believe me, I did in the phone conversation, but he was hearing none of it. He simply doesn't care. Not about this. He has his vision for his little worship team, and past history be damned, doesn't matter, he's going to make that vision real. No matter who it hurts, and who he has to fire.

And Wyn- I have a long twisted history here and have made many unfriends. Goes with the territory. And I don't take one red cent of it back. I am me. Love me or hate me. I am not surprised in the least he'd turn me into the very church imposing this on me after the service and dedication I have given them. Only place I have EVER worked, EVER, that I have not gotten a raise even once or ever in over 4 years of perfect attendance. They know what they are doing, and he KNOWS this would piss me off.

Starting to hate here rather than love. Way to go church.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Also, this has taken a vindictive turn which is disappointing. If I knew the church I'd be tempted to send them this thread.

What is disappointing is a church trying to force an employee to pray in a group and threatening to fire him if he doesn't comply. Now that's vindictive!!

Tattle tale....
It's the internet for Christ sake!
edit on 21-8-2011 by whaaa because: Code 5y5

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

...i can appreciate your angst over this deal... had an idiot boss fire me and say it was because i was too old... i was only 48... as i was gathering my stuff to leave, he said he wanted me to finish out the day... i laughed all the way to my truck... filed on him with eeoc and filed for unemployment... had no intention of pursuing either - just did it to make him have to deal with the hassle... got a terrific job a few days later - just walked in and nailed it... i think it was like that old adage of one door shutting and a better door opening... maybe thats how it go for you too... hope so...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Really sorry to hear about this situation OP, but I have a few questions. Are you, yourself, a Christian? What kind of Church is it that you work at? For example, Methodist, Protestant, Non-Denominational, etc..

Also, I love how one incident involving the Church surfaces, and suddenly you have militant Atheists crawling out of the walls to generalize ALL Churches like this, and that they are all terrorists and sheep.

Stay classy, Atheists.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Also, I love how one incident involving the Church surfaces, and suddenly you have militant Atheists crawling out of the walls to generalize ALL Churches like this, and that they are all terrorists and sheep.

Stay classy, Atheists.

Because I don't wear my religion on my sleeve for all to admire....
You think I'm an atheist?

Here's a little scripture I think you need to remember...

Mat 7:1 Judge not lest ye be judged.

Nice cross....
edit on 21-8-2011 by whaaa because: code t8t

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How good of an actor are you? Do not quit until you have found another job.....Since it is a church that pays you I dont think you have a case, of course I could be totally wrong! At least look into it! Its not right what they are doing to you. I would be totally ticked off. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If you're going to quit, I wouldn't tell them, just don't show up. Or better yet, just sit in the front row and when they ask for your help, just ignore them.

I have a hard time believing you can be forced to donate time for a job. Perhaps you should have them fill out a job description so that you know what is actually required of you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a great money making opportunity.
First, say you'll do the prayer group thing.
Second, go for the first meeting.
Third, stop going.
Fourth, let them fire you.
Fifth, sue them.
I wouldn't have even suggested this but they sound like false Christians.

I'm not a lawyer, but I have a feeling what they are doing is illegal...

edit on 21-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You better abide by their wishes and pray! If you don't, they may condemn you to hell.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

TrueAmerican i can understand why you're fuming mad. You have every right to be.

But you might benefit by stepping back for a minute and reconsidering one or two things. I'll bet dollars to donuts it's not the entire Church full of people that are up in arms or against you. Not at all. Most are probably not even aware of the situation.

One or two key people are involved. Someone who lords over the purse strings and perhaps two busy-bodies. Others may be in/at meetings hearing about this but this type of stuff is usually the action of a very few.

This is not a conspiracy. Remember: employees may be fired as well as hire, just as you may seek employ elsewhere, or quite any time you please.

Please keep your wits about you on this.

IMHO what has taken place is not a very Christian thing to do. Not at all. And who ever does the hiring/firing and-or writes the paychecks has already set a precedent.

Find out the phone number of your local Labor Board where you live. Keep notes about all that is taking place, who said what and when, as much as you can recall.

Take note of who you speak with when you call. Try to keep emotion out of it if possible. Stick with the facts. Find out what your rights are. And proceed from there.

If you do seek Legal Counsel for a lawsuit make certain you specify that your suit is to include all costs of legal representation and costs of court along with miscellaneous expenses incurred. Should you win a case in court you will pay nothing and you may be awarded damages.

I'm sorry to read this took place. Like I wrote, it is a very few people who have got a bee in their bonnet and their busy-body nature forces them to behave poorly. Don't think an entire congregation of parishioners are in a conspiracy against you, they're not. Most people have little knowledge of the behind-the-scenes goings on in a Church.

I wish you the best and frankly I hope you get a fat check from this. I'm sorry this happened to you. However the chips may fall, try to be the bigger man and hold your head high. I have the feeling there are some people who will one day realize what they've done, and they will regret their actions. If they don't, I pity them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
TA.....

I have been following this thread all day..

my advice to you is simple...

no lawyers, no threats, no violence, no hate...

just tell him you are fine with the prayer thing..

then at prayer time..

say that you need time to get right with G_D first..

and just do that each time...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If you really like your job and don't want to quit....and if you also pray......I was thinking what I would do is.....(if this is what is really in your heart) I would tell them that yes I will pray....but not because they demand it of me...but because I choose to pray....

I have a question....do you normally get along with your bosses and co-workers?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You should probably contact a lawyer and see what your options are. I'd start by getting it in writing that if you don't pray that you will be fired, or get some credible witnesses that you know will tell the truth, or get it on tape. Get some hardcore evidence that this is the reason they fired you, which would probably constitute religious discrimination.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Stay classy, Atheists.

Because I don't wear my religion on my sleeve for all to admire....
You think I'm an atheist?

Never made any assumption that you were an Atheist, clearly my post was not directed at you if you weren't..?

Here's a little scripture I think you need to remember...

And here's some for you;

Luke 6:44 - For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Nice cross....

Thank you, friend

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join