It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People fear "ghosts" too much!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Well I am a lucid dreamer and I have psychic abilty... we all have psychic abilty we just need to realise that we do and begin to explore that possibility

and no I was NOT lucid dreaming, lucid dreaming has a womderfull clarity but you also have full awareness that you are dreaming, I Lucid dream most nights I will have the lucid dreams during REM state and be fully aware that I am dreaming, so in my opinion this is NOT an explanstion for the OBE as at the time of this one and many others I was 100% awake and conscious and anyone who has a fully lucid dream can tell the difference between reality and that lucid dream.

It s unlike anything I have ever experienced to be honest.

This is just ONE oobe that I have had... and I have had many other spiritual and paranormal experiences which in my opinion add validity to my original question and belief.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I'm not looking for anything.... I already understand the "deal" I think

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
People fear the unknown. Pretty straight forward. Just by the nature of what a ghost supposedly is, it's going to be frightening. If you're by yourself, and a door slams, without a draft, you might be scared. If you're home at night, and you see a shadow on the wall, yet turn around and no one is there, you'll probably be scared. Feel something tap you shoulder, turn around and see no one, you might be scared.

It's actually pretty damn normal to be scared of ghosts given the point humans are in our evolution.

I agree it's very normal...

But what a lot of people need to begin to understand and know I believe is what i have stated in my OP... the spirits are just like you and I and like mr joe bloggs, wether we are good or bad... that is how people are and it does not change because someone passes on

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
different cultures have their views on ghosts.

the chinese fear and revere them about equal measure.

western people just are afraid of them.

hell if i know why either believe what they do.

i believe but till i get an amityville situation, i'm ok with them.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Hmmm,...
I have never feared ghosts...
Have you ever heard of an atheist/agnostic complaining that their house is haunted?
Just asking...
Why not try : stop believing in that which you cannot prove...you will get more sleep... those creeks and groans will just melt away...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok I have stated the spirits are like you and I, only without a body.... however in my belief and understanding the "physics" of their dimension differ from ours.

There are various things that they can do, which I believe I have seen in my lucid dreaming states... many have theorized that when you go to sleep and enter the REM state that you are infact entering the astral realm and your spirit leaves your body, I am inclines to believe this due to some very intersting lucid dreaming experiences.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Hmmm,...
I have never feared ghosts...
Have you ever heard of an atheist/agnostic complaining that their house is haunted?
Just asking...
Why not try : stop believing in that which you cannot prove...you will get more sleep... those creeks and groans will just melt away...

That will be because the atheist and agnostic mostly use their left half of the brain...

do some research about the left and right hemsipheres of the brain and you begin to understand the situation... very few people can have both the left and right hemispheres functioning at once, therefore if you are predisposed to use the left hemisphere you are incapable of using the right creative and psychic hemisphere at the same time, that also goes for people who are predisposed of using the right hemisphere... they simply cannot function using that dominant hemisphere as well as the other.

However...

There are some people who have mastered the use of both hemispheres and can swicth between the two with ease... this is by means of meditation mostly, that's through my own experience.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My grandmother use to tell me its not the dead to be scared of its the liveing ..I have no fear of "Ghosts" and i do believe life exists after death ive had a few personal experiences ..Peace sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Star to you...

I agree... it is the living that cause the harm on this world

It is not them who are in spirit that we need to worry about!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The only people I've ever been afraid of were very much alive and in the flesh. I'd give my right arm, well no, but I might give £100, well OK £10 to see a real ghost, or perhaps just lend it, I think it would actually be very reassuring, in fact.

Having been a ghost for the past 200 years it would be nice to know I'm not alone.
edit on 20/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This has much to do with many if not most people gaining their knowledge of Ghosts from Television and Movies.

The media moguls are in the business of selling their wares based upon the titillation of the most primal of human psyche and emotions, called Fear.

People are influenced by the Media and what they promote and form negative neuroassocations with this phenomenon and hence the Fear.

Primarily due to the lack of knowledge upon the subject also known as Ignorance.

The Quintessential knowledge base on Paranormal Research is Hans Holzer who authored over 100 books on the Paranormal based upon his research and Ghost investigations going back to the early 60's.

My favorite is entitled : Ghosts: True Encounters with the World Beyond

Which is a culmination of decades his best research and evidence.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313865268&sr=1-1

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There are no ghosts only demons.

If some ghosts are happy and peaceful, why in the blue heck are they hanging out here?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
There are no ghosts only demons.

If some ghosts are happy and peaceful, why in the blue heck are they hanging out here?

I have to disagree I am afraid, there are ghosts, demons and spirits... I tend to dislike the term ghost as they are simply souls without a body, I much prefer the term spirits.

Why are they hanging out here? lol. Well there are many reasons I think, some cannot pass on as some are unaware of their death, others are scared to pass over as they fear what comes next and others have already passed over but come back to visit. If I was a spirit I know that would want to come back and visit family members and places I used to live and work etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't fear ghosts because I've yet to experience or come across one. It would seem the only place I encounter any sort of "phenomenon" is in my dreams (lucid dreaming/OBEs/ levitation) I don't know for certain that these are "real" experiences because I am in a dreamstate. I don't fear when it happens because its like a nightmare and nightmares are kind of an adrenaline rush for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join