It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wants to turn the U.S. into Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is somewhat of a follow-up to Misoir's posts on Rick Perry and his ties to the extreme evangelical branch of Christianity known as the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR)( a.k.a. Dominionism/ Kingdom Now/Replacement Theology). His must read threads are HERE and HERE.

There truly does appear to be a "conspiracy" by extreme religious zealots to publicly downplay their actual extremist views in the hopes of placing someone in the White House.

Here is an interview with Frank Schaeffer who explains how Michele Bachmann is an even more fervent disciple of this movement, whose goal is to replace the U.S. Constitution and enforce a form of Christian "Sharia" law in America.

Dominionism

is the tendency among some politically active conservative Christians to seek influence or control over secular civil government through political action, especially in the United States. It is also known as subjectionism.[1] The goal is either a nation governed by Christians, or a nation governed by a conservative Christian understanding of biblical law

Was made popular (if not invented) by Frank's father Francis Schaeffer

Congresswoman and 2012 United States presidential candidate Michele Bachmann has cited Schaeffer, starting for her and her husband Marcus with his film How Should We Then Live?, as a "profound influence" on their lives.

The article being discussed in the interview is "Are Michele Bachmann's Views About 'Christian Submission' Even More Extreme Than She Is Letting On" SOURCE

In a nutshell, Michele Bachmann, (graduate of Oral Roberts University)

understands just how extreme her part of the evangelical movement is. She also understands that a certain amount of godly lying will be needed to mask that.

The people, churches and groups that shaped Bachmann's thinking are far more anti-woman than most Americans fully comprehend. There is a background to this. The issue of wifely submission is at the heart of the entire anti-feminist agenda that shaped Bachmann.

My opinion:
This is some very scary stuff! Placing people who truly believe that Armageddon must come soon (in order to bring the second coming) in positions of power which include being in charge of the most powerful war machine ever known in the history of the world, (let alone the nuclear launch codes!) is simply a recipe for global disaster.

I hope that my American friends can see these extremists for the potential danger that they are and keep your check marks far, far away from the boxes next to their names on the ballots! Unless, of course, you like the idea of a world which brings back utter submission of women, stoning for unwed intercourse and homosexuality, and all those other joyful bronze-age philosophies.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Please... don't get fooled again!

the Billmeister

edit on 18-8-2011 by Billmeister because: title spelling!??!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more! It's kinda scary how hard certain politicians try to turn the US into a theocracy.

Not suprising though, religion is a suuuuuper easy way of controlling the uneducated masses. They hear "god" or "Jesus" and their subconscious mind automatically accepts anything said in the same sentence as "good".

People need to WAKE UP and start using their brains again...rather than listening to people who believe the earth is 6k years old and humans roamed the earth with dinosaurs. The fact that some of those politicians stand an (arguably) remote chance of winning is beyond scary...and also kinda sad.

Rick Perry for example did this ridiculous prayer gathering...instead of presenting REAL SOLUTIONS for the issues we're facing. Praying won't do the trick, it won't fix the economy, foreign relations issues, or the rampant unemployment.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Rick Perry for example did this ridiculous prayer gathering...instead of presenting REAL SOLUTIONS for the issues we're facing. Praying won't do the trick, it won't fix the economy, foreign relations issues, or the rampant unemployment.

Sure it will, and if it doesn't, you simply didn't pray enough, or you didn't believe enough.

It's amazing.....

When did this stuff kick into high gear? Shortly after Reagan destroyed the education system in America. So instead of relying on the indoctrinated to be the loudest, just remove everyones ability to get a decent education, then they swallow that religion stuff up faster than you can say WWJD.

Religion is there to pacify the masses, but they've taken a different route, a dangerous one, where instead of pacifying, it becomes incitement to violence.

"If we don't fully support Israel, god will curse us"

Yup, that Bachmann is totally going to win.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I've said it and I'll say it again...

The moment we're labeled a Christian Nation, or any other 'Religious Nation', we may as well start counting down the days. This is a huge conflict of interest between The State and The People. The system will rot from the inside out. That's the whole reason for the separation of church and state. But that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not only that, but this lady also thinks she can reverse the laws of supply and demand.

"Under President Bachmann you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again," Bachmann told a crowd Tuesday in South Carolina. "That will happen." link

She's full of crazy.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's why we're going to see bumperstickers that read - Perry/Bachmann 2012
I doubt JC would throw them his vote if he were around.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the man in the video.

She doesn't love America. She is in love with her own idea of what America should be, but never has been. This country was never about Jesus first or any of the other crazy # she talks about. She wants to change America to how she sees fit because she places a 2000 year old book over the US constitution. That's a rather huge conflict of interest.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
That's why we're going to see bumperstickers that read - Perry/Bachmann 2012
I doubt JC would throw them his vote if he were around.

I am by no means a particularly religious person, but here is what the biblical Jesus thinks:

Matthew 6:5 - 7

5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Jesus says you must definitely not pray as the hypocrites pray.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Interesting how, more often than not, the loudest and proudest religious people are the one's acting the least like their particular faiths' "holy" texts describe.

Hypocrites indeed... if only all their followers could see it.
This, I believe would be the right place to use the (often abused) term "sheeple". (Hey, I think that is the first time I actually wrote that... I guess I am a real conspiracy theorist now!)

the Billmeister

edit on 18-8-2011 by Billmeister because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Not only that, but this lady also thinks she can reverse the laws of supply and demand.

"Under President Bachmann you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again," Bachmann told a crowd Tuesday in South Carolina. "That will happen." link

She's full of crazy.

The fact that people listen to her is crazy. The fact that people believe her is crazy. The fact that people like her is crazy.

She isn't the only one who's crazy.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
this ought to be interesting,

if it goes anywhere.

get some gay bashing going?

we already have the nukes.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I couldn't agree more with the man in the video.

She doesn't love America. She is in love with her own idea of what America should be, but never has been. This country was never about Jesus first or any of the other crazy # she talks about. She wants to change America to how she sees fit because she places a 2000 year old book over the US constitution. That's a rather huge conflict of interest.

and how just exactly you friggin know that?

you got some inside stuff you would like to share, doobie?

or you just spouting the ret-toric?

like a mindless "sheeple"

ever see the constitution in person? i have.

i mean the real one, ever stood in front of IT and thought about why, in this world, it is still there?

(cue music)

leave this foul place!! all you light beings, run!!!

flee to the far corners of the earth!!

there are people who won't judge you as american dogs or oppressors and murderers!

just have to find them.

anyway, the op is careless.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

All you have to do is listen to her, Fooks. I would think being a sheep implies that I should agree with her. I do not. I do not think it's healthy to try and pray away the gay for young gay kids. I don't think it's right for young employees to pay their employer, and I do not agree with her radical views on anything. I am for worker's rights and bargaining ability, and organized labor. I am for the middle class. I do not want religious ideology anywhere near the white house.

Everything this country currently stands for, she dislikes. That is how I know.

Michelle Bachmann's perfect America resembles the movie "Pleasantville". Sadly, that isn't real. It's a fictitious setting. Some feel that it's needed to "take America back".

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

The moment we're labeled a Christian Nation, or any other 'Religious Nation', we may as well start counting down the days. This is a huge conflict of interest between The State and The People. The system will rot from the inside out. That's the whole reason for the separation of church and state. But that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

True, but I'll go ahead and admit it. Although I think she's insane myself, the more vindictive part of me actually wishes she'd get into power, purely because of the degree to which I know it would upset atheists.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

True, but I'll go ahead and admit it. Although I think she's insane myself, the more vindictive part of me actually wishes she'd get into power, purely because of the degree to which I know it would upset atheists.

The way I look at it, TSHF or we have a peaceful revolution.

And unfortunately, the odds (TPTB) are against us having a peaceful revolution.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

The way I look at it, TSHF or we have a peaceful revolution.

And unfortunately, the odds (TPTB) are against us having a peaceful revolution.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

The idea of the religious "stealth candidate" goes back to the late 1980s-early 1990s, when Republicans were urged to hide their religious beliefs when running for local offices. Once in office, they could then come out swinging with clubs of conservative social values.

Americans have indeed been warned about this mixing of extreme religion ideas with politics! The article cited below is from 2006!

Unfortunately, three of the pre-eminent weaknesses displayed in these past declines have been religious excess, a declining energy and industrial base, and debt often linked to foreign and military overstretch. Politics in the United States — and especially the evolution of the governing Republican coalition — deserves much of the blame for the fatal convergence of these forces in America today.

GOP doesn't mean "God's Own Party"

And this is NOT from a lefty liberal! Kevin Phillips, who popularized the GOP Southern Strategy wrote it. He also said the following, which I add for his bona fides...

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

same source as above

When I heard what she said about the $2 gas, I groaned. As Rock above said, and I totally agree with, she's full of crazy.

join