It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Ultimately Hope to Find?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Perfection. A life with God in a place with no tears, death, sorrow or suffering.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I want to know the entire history of everything. Every particle that has ever moved or been created. Everything that has ever occurred up to and including the Big Bang if there indeed was one and then what was before that. How did all of that energy get compacted into a certain determined amount of area being of a certain mass. WHY was there only a certain specific amount of energy in the big bang? What was before it? Was there anything before it? Are there other universes? If so then I want to know the entire history of those other universes. Are there other dimensions? Other timelines? Alternative dimensions/universe? I want to know all about them. I want to know about other species. Are there other emotions or senses? I want to experience them.

Have any species ever evolved far enough to create an artificial afterlife? Perhaps there are gods. Perhaps after a long enough amount of time all life becomes one life. Perhaps given enough knowledge and power acquired one life is indistinguishable from another. Perhaps the concept of one god is based upon evolution and calculations. I would like to know. I want to know if there is infinity. I want to know if there is infinity how does it work. What causes it. What is outside of it. I know we think there is absolute zero is there absolute highest temperature? How small do things go? What causes size to exist. I want it all. I want all knowledge all information all power. And after that I want more.

...and if someone offered 80% of this, and it didn't feature the cartoon characters that have populated your entire life to this point, wouldn't you simply tell them that they were full of sh*t anyway? I bet you would.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I want to know the entire history of everything.

And after that I want more.

That's awesome.

We need more people to enjoy the fun of hyper-scaled thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What do I ultimately hope to find?

I hope to find 'at-one-ment.' Shed this cocoon of endless sorrow, petty attachments and useless addictions and achieve my full potential.

I have been drowning in an ocean of sorrow and distraction (Samsara) for so long that I can't seem to break the pattern. It has only been recently that I have seen the light (the truth) and swim towards it, regardless of what tries to pull me down, soon I shall be out, soon, I have hope.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I, like probably many others, am trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to believe about life. Why are we here? How did we get here? Etc.. I hate the fact that it seems like no matter what, I can never be sure of what I believe. I guess I'm looking for the experience that makes me sure.

(:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Perfection. A life with God in a place with no tears, death, sorrow or suffering.

Who knows, maybe from that realm, we actually chose to come here, to rediscover God through our tears, our sorrow our suffering and our death ie: we were up for a challenge, and one not without its risks and rewards, and a price to be paid - that's what I think, and now that we're here and somewhat at a loss to effect the needed change, we're saying to God, please get us the heck out of this vail of tears and to another world, another realm, where we only know the peace, joy, and bliss of life as it's meant to be lived. Needless to say, we're here for a reason, so why not re-choose it, as difficult and as painful as it may be. Now that's courage, maybe even heroism, to suffer a meaningful suffering for a purpose greater than the self, and in freely choosing to be here of all places, for the right reason, perhaps we can incarnate from that place, while still alive, the same spirit of truth and life which animates the entire breadth and depth of all being and becoming, so that "thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."
Perhaps it's the highest honor to get to be born on Earth where the opportunity for learning is the greatest and we eagerly volunteered to participate in the contrasts of this earthly sphere.

This little rant/musing surfaces for me such a great disappointment in the state of our socio-political affairs and the extent to which so-called "leaders", "elite" and role models have failed us all..
If they would only try to be helpful to the same cause, and get out of our way, and stop trying to manipulate the collective consciousness, may that false domain, of the deathful life with it's insatiable needs, bring about it's own end, ASAP. Amen.

edit on 19-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: just because.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
What do I ultimately hope to find?

I hope to find 'at-one-ment.' Shed this cocoon of endless sorrow, petty attachments and useless addictions and achieve my full potential.

I have been drowning in an ocean of sorrow and distraction (Samsara) for so long that I can't seem to break the pattern. It has only been recently that I have seen the light (the truth) and swim towards it, regardless of what tries to pull me down, soon I shall be out, soon, I have hope.

What you said. I'm with you, swimming with you towards the surface, that damn cocoon now tangled in my feet.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The absence of self.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Whatever it is that makes me whole, fulfills me and makes me content and happy. As of yet I still have no clue what that is or will be.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Im looking to empower my body, mind and soul to a level where i can be at complete peace with the everything.

Short term i look to find answers to questions that i have and to advance in meditation and also to quiet the mind which is bloody noisy at times.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i'm trying to find out what the heck i am supposed to find so that i go out and look for it!
i know i can find it... only if i knew what is it i'm really trying to find!
perhaps it's happiness? but no! that is not really it... for i find happiness everywhere i look
is it God? but no! that too is not what i really want to find... for i see God everywhere i look
is it the devil? hell no!! that too is not it... for i see the devil's work everywhere i look too
you? but no! that i also see everywhere i look
me? hehe... that's silly! or is it really??
eternity? ... hmmm
what time is it?
the time is now...

infinite ... eternity
yes, there is no beginning
as if i am being carried by the wind
which has no beginning and no end
once i was blind and now i can see
the infinite light of the eternity
which has no beginning
and no

- emil nomel 2011 eternity is now

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

No offense..but much can be said in a little!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

Understand! Up is down and down is up! That is for you to bring into focus!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Also I think nithaiah makes a very good point and breaking the whole cycles of this existence and the thing that is called life and she called samsara is another thing that is on my mind a from time to time, to being to often on my mind.

It is getting old and like a broken record it has run its coarse to an end, and if that is what fulfills me and gives me happiness then that is what I will do, I will squash it beneath my heal. But really the more I think on this question, which at first was a simple question with a straightforward answer, the more it becomes complicated and the more things I want and hope to find, and the more headaches I get.

But all the add-on's and offshoots to what I ultimately hope to find, they really all are just parts or really just different expressions that lead to the same thing, and that is fulfillment, contentedness and happiness to use the simpler expressions and words, because the simpler versions of it are the least problematic in expressing.

So who, what, why, and what-for is the point of even asking this question to begin with if it all leads to the same ends just by different roads? And some of these roads just go in circles and circles for what seems like an eternity.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Ya its funny the way life works for instance when you look for something you find it.

You look for god you will find god, you look for the devil you will find the devil. Wherever you look, and whatever you look for you will eventually find it. And when you find it then you start seeing all kinds of weird things, for instance I see a heart made of words in your post. Now ain't that weird I must be seeing things.

I have heard that such a sign represents both the worst and the best thing to see or find. Kind of like finding your most cherished nightmare, in your most wonderful dream.

Now ain't that truly crazy.

Really bro I think were all just seeing things. Oh yes were definitely seeing lots of things, even when we close our eyes we still see the things we wish to see when we open them. And so we never fully look at what were staring at.

edit on 16-9-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The truth. The answer to every question.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I want to know how the Ancient Egypt pyramids were built, and that would answer many questions.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm looking for inner peace and happiness, also searching for the truth, but I think I've found the truth already.. not just to work on the inner peace and happiness...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Ya its funny the way life works for instance when you look for something you find it.

You look for god you will find god, you look for the devil you will find the devil. Wherever you look, and whatever you look for you will eventually find it. And when you find it then you start seeing all kinds of weird things, for instance I see a heart made of words in your post. Now ain't that weird I must be seeing things.

you are not just seeing things bro... you are seeing the TRUTH

+1

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I searched for and found the meaning of life: Om Satch Ananda Ki! Sharanam Ki. Namostude. All that which is, That which is the ultimate ever present eternal truth, always valid and fulfilled in all circumstances, the energetic force that causes life to exist. I surrender all that is, taking refuge in all that is, the essential energy of life itself. I bow to you.

I am looking to apply this meaning personally to my life. With all that is wrong, the technologically enforced delusions, and their ability to preserve the delusion We are livestock, nothing more than a commodity, indefinitely is there any realistic hope for a future?

In short my ultimate quest in this life is hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join