It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Truth? Here is my take on everything.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think that this definitely sums it up.

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Nothing else that a human being concerns about is even in the same area code as the ramifications of what the person allows to emerge as their mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Hey thanks a lot(:

If everyone stopped and thought about things, the world, the universe, the pointlesness of their worries, the world would be a better place.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Do you mind explaining that? I am swiss so simple words would help me :p

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Great thread Se7enex.
It's nice to see a positive thread for once, instead of all the doom and gloom.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become".

I used to believe this myself, but is it really as simple as that. For starters it's not that easy taming your own mind and thoughts. Most people have lots of negative thoughts and they are not easy to overcome. It takes a lot of discipline to quiet your mind through meditation and most people don't meditate at all. The way I see it, I'm not just the sum of my thoughts, but the sum of everyone's thoughts and that's why it's important to try and think positively about yourself and everyone else. You're not just creating your own reality, you're also helping to create everyone else's.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The reality aspect could spiral into a completely different debate

And I don't think that people influence my thoughts. If someone says something I dislike I'm not very kosher about it

edit on 2-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

I can't believe how long its been since I read your threads.
But I like them nonetheless.

So my solution to fear?
Basically, turn off the television(for good) and go outside.
Now, if i could get more people to listen...

That's my simple solution to a fear driven culture.
The people who own the media corporations are not stupid in the slightest.
They know how to program people.

That's also why television is called "network programming".

Keep up the good work Se7enex.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Great thread Se7enex.
It's nice to see a positive thread for once, instead of all the doom and gloom.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become".

I used to believe this myself, but is it really as simple as that. For starters it's not that easy taming your own mind and thoughts. Most people have lots of negative thoughts and they are not easy to overcome. It takes a lot of discipline to quiet your mind through meditation and most people don't meditate at all. The way I see it, I'm not just the sum of my thoughts, but the sum of everyone's thoughts and that's why it's important to try and think positively about yourself and everyone else. You're not just creating your own reality, you're also helping to create everyone else's.

You can believe as you wish. This is the freedom that we all have, and the true challenge set before us as free beings.

It really is that simple, though. Here's a very simplified overview of the mechanics of it.

Information does not degrade, and it cannot be destroyed. A thought is a burst of information that was configured by the corporeal brain from stored residual information (memory) and freshly loaded-in short term memory data (as it is consciously experienced after initial vetting and processing) that was launched (at the Unit Rate of Change that we all share) as part of the brain's primary mission as the data control and dispersion center of an extremely extended corporeal survival system. That thought (an actively instructive and identified informational mass in its own right - we'll call it Intellect) immediately associates (once it has affected the material corporeal whole appropriately) with the Intellect burst that preceded it (in accordance to very strict laws of logical association that govern all forms of information and how it acts as relative physical existence). As a gathered mass of dynamic information, this Intellect - building in collecting bursts as the corporeal brain does what it does from birth until death - is the human being, and it will survive the death of the authoring brain.

This is what we refer to as eternal life. The human being is not a material being. It is created by the corporeal human brain, but the true and fully viable human being is an informational being.

I'm just making this specific information available. You can believe whatever you wish. You can't affect what is actually true, but you are free to embrace anything and/or everything as truth. Of course, we each must accept the ramifications of what we choose to accept and reject. That's fair, though. The freedom to choose is what's most important.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

There is one reason I watch T.V.

(Some of the commercials are genius. Off The Air also gave me a huge mind# before going to school.)
edit on 3-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I could NOT agree with you more!
I feel like especially the last couple months my mind has really been expanding and opening, and I'm realizing so many things that I never even considered a couple years ago! I think a lot of people are going through this as well.. Which only furthers my gut feeling that there will definitely be a spiritual awakening of some sort near 2012, or even sometime in the next couple months.... it's been happening.

I think you would really enjoy this online movie I found. it's called "The Quickening" and it only opened my third eye to an even deeper level. It's incredible..

I feel like we have a lot of similar thoughts and ideas. If you end up watching this video, please send me a message or something and let me know what you think of it.

awakeningasone.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Great thread. When I first started studying philosophy, I often pondered reality and exactly what it is and potentially what it could be. In my opinion our languages are really too impoverished to create an absolute definition for existence.

Using logic, since reality is what exists, you are absolutely right in saying that if something exists in your mind, it therefore must be real. You could add that since it exists only in your mind, that it is a different reality than the one we all currently exist in.

But at the same time dreams are imaginary and subjective at that. So we might have to put our reality in a different category than the [possible] reality that we can create via our dreams and imaginations. I'll stop now because I could literally run with this train of thought all day.

Well written post and I admire your being such a positive person, as I myself, tend towards being a cynical jerk
one day I would really enjoy having an extended conversation with you on the nature of existence. Since I graduated college, and got into a production job, I don't get much chance to discuss these kinds of things.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TruePatriot1685

I would definitely love to sometime

Most people I'm around (I live out in the country) aren't thinking about big picture stuf and thats all that really interests me anymore
The universe and the ocean (both barely explored) are way more interesting then some stupid tabloid. I'm starting to hate the culture we've fashioned ourselves into.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

I completely agree, most people can't see past the next episode of American Idol let alone think about what might live on the bottom of the ocean. Even legitimate distractions like mortgage and bills play a huge part. "why worry about the meaning of life when I'm worried about how to put food on the table?" Sometimes I wonder if our economic crisis was purposely manufactured by tptb just to keep us distracted. It all seems like a slight of hand magic trick. While we watch the right hand the left hand is picking our pocket.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TruePatriot1685

Well economic crisis is a part of a functioning economy. Especially in American economy due to the Federal Reserve. Every time a dollar is put in circulation you have to pay back a dollar and then some. Interest. These crisis's are part of the economy unfortunately. One of the many reasons i prefer a money free world.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good to see the genius of Robert Anton Wilson made it to sunny Switzerland!

Reality is the biggest mind #*%k there is.

Who is the master that makes the grass green!?

edit on 11-9-2011 by carlitomoore because: Been that long I forgot how to embed youtube videos!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Time well spent in creating this post OP! I like it.

We spend far too much time allowing others to tell us 'what is' instead of searching for it ourselves.

I fully agree that our attention is deliberately diverted from truly important things. Why that may be is a frightening prospect. Perhaps the most tragic of all victims are the billions who live every day with this veil drawn, never daring to peek at what lies beyond -- satisfied to have someone else tell them what it is and never questioning if it IS the truth or not.

Flag for you.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

Thanks a lot(:

It's actually pretty shocking how people react when I tell them about stuff. I made a report for school on 9/11 and the invasion that followed focusing on the evidence of inside allowance/cooperation and how our occupation has only caused fear and pain to millions. Most people dismiss it right away and point out I'm crazy even though i presented factual evidence. It's like some people don't even care about people dying or people cashing in on deaths of thousands as long as the powerhouse we know as the media controls their life.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

Koyannisqatsi : Hopi Indian word meaning life out of balance. A way of life that calls for another way of living. Excellent movie too, by the way...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Thank you for the YouTube music link. Instant favorite. Ever heard of Robin Trower? Bridge Of Sighs? Goooood album. Standouts : About to Begin., Bridge of Sighs, Too Rolling Stoned. Also, YouTube a movie titled Koyannisqatsi. Hopi Indian word. Means life out of balance. Or a way of life that calls for another way of living.

Life is a sum total of all our experiences. If we live long enough all those experiences will gel into a higher understanding of ourselves and the world around us. Especially if we have an open mind (like yours). Never stop yearning for the Truth, it awaits to fill the open mind. You sound like a flower that is yearning to bloom spiritually. Be patient, life is life long.

I know that sounds harder and harder today, everyone around us seems to be struggling with love of self, money and things. Especially now in the day of instant gratification. There is too much input to our senses and our longing mind to sift thru without almost going crazy. Have you read Plato " The allegory of the caves"?

You are indeed "waking up". Don't worry about others and what they think of your new found awareness. You are among the minority that hears a different drummer. That is the Truth showing you and teaching you. Go with that. Don't try and convince others of what you are learning. Just open your flower and track the sun, every day. Be patient, you will be fulfilled.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I can't open up to other people?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

WOW only just come across this thread and I'm stunned, it's like you've dived straight into my thoughts and written them out PERFECTLY. I'm completely amazed that someone thinks exactly the same way about all of these things

One thing to add - alongside spiritual awakening, I think 2012 will bring a shift in the Earth's collective consciousness/energy towards a more positive balance. We will hopefully see wars ending, happier people, more love and peace. Can't wait for it tbh

2012 may also signify the end of a quarantine that prevents ETs contacting Earth. They will be free to visit us after December 21st but are not likely to do so until after 2025 because it could cause panic if we're not fully used to the idea.

edit on 12/9/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join