It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED! Bachmann rigged Iowa poll by buying "at least" 4,000 votes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
WOW, Another politician "Nut Job", this lady scares the crap out of me, just how many people will vote for her, you gotta wonder how she got this far !.

picture's are worth a thousand words. the one in the article that is.

I hope she goes away, but that might be asking too much.

Ron Paul was the clear Winner here.

Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is interesting, it seems this is much to do about nothing.

Paul’s campaign gave out 4,750 tickets to straw poll voters, his campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, told The Daily Caller.
Alice Stewart, a spokeswoman for Bachmann, wouldn’t disclose the number of tickets her campaign distributed. But Ben Smith of Politico reported that Bachmann’s campaign gave away 6,000 tickets.
That would mean Paul gave out about 1,250 fewer tickets than Bachmann. She won the poll with 4,823 votes, followed by Paul at 4,671
Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Now why would anyone make fun of THAT picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ab3cdcb5027.jpg[/atsimg]

Its still better than the Newsweek cover.

I think we see how she won the poll now..."buying" at least 4,000 voters.

Only she ran out of money after the first thousand or so...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I think he bought 2000 but don't quote me as that's just what I remember. I think it's common practice for the poll.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

We'll probably never get a straight answer about how many she actually gave away.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is this a joke thread? I find no humor in the photo and can NOT connect how votes are bought by eating corn dogs.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's a STRAW POLL...it means nothing.

It is hilarious that Ron Paul supporters have their panties in such a bunch over these results.

This poll basically shows two things...how rabid are your supporters and how much does a candidate want to appear as a front runner (read: how much money is a candidate willing to spend on a poll that means nothing?).

This does not show how much overall support a candidate has...so all you RP'ers...take a deep breath...and calm down.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

LMAO, i am sorry but look at how even the dude sitting in front of the corndog ad on the wall behind her is lookin at her. is this a real picture, seriously?! too funny, talk about the planets aligning just perfectly for whoever had the camera at THAT moment. just sayin.
edit on 15-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Attention! Before commenting read the entire 2 pages of this thread FIRST!! This is a straw poll and above all the AMES Straw Poll. This is common practice at this big party. It a party!! People buy tickets or have tickets given to them. 16 year olds can vote in this straw poll.

No story here for the 5th time in this short thread.

Wake up and read first. Educate yourselves on the FACTS.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Ok seriously this is really a gotcha photograph, but I am still laughing anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Ok seriously this is really a gotcha photograph, but I am still laughing anyway.

She needs to get two hands on that thing!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Sorry if this has already been posted. Didn't find it in a search. Please no jokes about the picture no matter how hard you laugh.
www.domasjefferson.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

In case anyone doesn't understand how this works there. It's not about vote but organizational ability. The vote merely represents you ability to organize your support. This means money, free buses, food, tickets, whatever, to get your people there to cast that vote.

Those who fail at this do not have to motivational prowess to organize a viable campaign, so they drop out. Bachmann and Paul has the most ability to organize. Pawlenty did not and he dropped out.

The next chapter will be New Hampshire where the State is small enough for door to door contact and so forth. This vote cannot be about purchase but winning the argument of ideas. This primary will test the candidates, and those who lack the ability to win the argument will drop out. Those in the top three will go on to the next step and so forth.

So Iowa was not an election but a symbol of organizational power and ability. So the whole bought the vote thing means nothing because that was the idea in the first place. It was a " Caucus " not a " Primary ".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Hilarious!!!!!

The guy in the corner of that picture sure seems to be enjoying it!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Is this a joke thread? I find no humor in the photo and can NOT connect how votes are bought by eating corn dogs.

Really? That went over your head, huh? You may not be old enough to understand grown up jokes.

And yes, we're just having a little fun with the photo cuz our minds are in the gutter. Us RP supporters know how the straw poll event worked, and RP brought in his own supporters too. Just not nearly as many, and he isn't the hometown favorite there, and he still nearly tied her. None of the other candidates even came close. It also highlights nicely how the media STILL tries to marginalize and ignore him. It's obvious to anybody with any amount of objectivity, something isn't right (with the media, not the straw poll event).
edit on 15-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Sorry if this has already been posted. Didn't find it in a search.
www.domasjefferson.com...

OMG, how terrible she followed the rules. Didn't you realize that's how the straw poll works. She just out maneuvered the others and got the most votes.

Yup, she sold tickets?

That should DEFINITELY determine the results of a political poll

When I was president, I sold more tickets than them other fools

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Nice new avatar, wow, that didn't take long.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
LMAO, i am sorry but look at how even the dude sitting in front of the corndog ad on the wall behind her is lookin at her.

I wonder if that's his corn dog...

In all fairness, if it were a picture of Ron Paul eating a corn dog like that it would be just as funny. I would definitely make a Bruno reference. So, Bachmann supporters, lighten up a bit.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
WRONG.
she bought tickets to the event.... now, did everyone who got a ticket vote for her? Doubtful.. stop mongering and GTFO

oh and that picture is priceless
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would like to say that I think most polls are just crap in general. Most of the time there are to many variables to make a poll consistently accurate. I do not believe that the people of America have the power to fairly vote a politician into office. Big Business and Corporate Lobbying most certainly do. Our crooked politics, voting practices and media have made it almost impossible for the American people to elect a politician into office.

Recently in the Iowa Straw pole Ron Paul came in second place. Michelle Bachman won this poll by about two thousand total votes. Straw poles are basically a fundraiser for the gop party. To vote you have to pay between 30 to 40 dollars. Again Ron Paul lost by two thousand votes. What the public doesn't know Michelle Bachman gave away 6000 votes to the people of Iowa.

Again another poll which was taken down from fox news put Ron Paul well ahead of everyone. And was later put back up. When the Straw poll was over Michelle Bachman was the victor. Though the Fox Poll had Ron Paul ahead by a marginal lead.

I know that one poll shouldn't have anything to do with the other. But it does. The public speaking out and telling the world that Ron Paul (on the fox News poll) should have clobbered all of the other candidates. But to my surprise and many others Michelle Backman took the show.

I watched the debate. And Ron Paul with out a doubt, hit it out of the park on 99% of his answers (shown by audience applause). Michelle Bachman just argued with Pawlenty almost the entire time. So how did she win this straw pole? She bought the people of Iowa 4000 free votes! Yup that's how she won this straw pole.

See article here. Bachman Buys Votes

The straw poll in my opinion should have looked more like this. (top five)

1. Ron Paul
2. Newt Gingrich
3. Hermen Cain
4. Michelle Bachman
5. Tim Pawlenty

Just thought this was important to point out. I still think polls are crap, but when I see a cheater. Someone needs to know.

Update. This is standard practice. Ron Paul lost by 125 votes and gave away 4000 tickets. Bachman gave away 6000. So the straw polls are crap.

So again it comes down to money.

Who gave tickets away

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Forget Palin with her winking and smiles. Shes just a tease. If she says yes im in she will quit half way through.

Bachmann will go all the way she wont quit. Don't forget shes raised 28 kids. Unless she has a migraine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join