It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks BART

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by jlv70

Anonymous was pretty quick on this one. I know there are some mixed feelings out there in regards to anonymous, but I for one am a supporter, at least they're doing something.
I checked the BART site and it looked like it was up, they must have fixed it already.
This shut down cell phone stuff that BART did yesterday, and that they're proposing in the UK is straight out of Mubarak's playbook I'm glad someone stood up to these censors.

thenextweb.com (visit the link for the full news article)

What do they have to hack to make you a non supporter?

How about they release all your private bank details and private info to the world ?

Where do you draw the line? I draw the line at them attacking the common people, such as myself, and MY information. sure go attack companies and governments where it is justified and in the right way, but leave the common people out of it.

Attacking facebook is an attack on the common people that use it, that is where I draw the line.

I have been caught up in lulzsec attacks, not a nice thing.

Are you blind? All your private information is already on the internet. If you have ever used your credit card online, its there. It doesn't take a hacker to find this stuff either unless you have a very small internet footprint.

Last i heard the FB thing was not true, and FB is not a good thing either. Last i checked they sell your data to markets in businesses for their own purposes. Lurk your pages

10 Reasos why you should quit facebook

Attacking you? no, lol, they have no reason to attack you, and even if they do attack facebook, you think its going to be about personal data of millions of people? Yeah, alright. If anything it will break this #ing illusion people have with facebook.
edit on 15/8/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Good job anon. I like and am one who supports what they are doing. They have my full support. I hope they bring Facebook to its knees. I'm gonna have to learn some hacking and join the fight.

I for one see them as the last resort before violent revolution begins. Sadly that's what it is gonna come down too.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Also as an added note/tweet

"RT @PreDraX: ktvu estimate 200+ people will now be present at @sfbart protests tomorrow #opbart #bayarea #california #sanfrancisco"

200 people is quite a few to gather in such a short time, And with that 200 brings question, and with that question brings more people to what they stand for. They win.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Anonymous was pretty quick on this one. I know there are some mixed feelings out there in regards to anonymous, but I for one am a supporter, at least they're doing something.
I checked the BART site and it looked like it was up, they must have fixed it already.
This shut down cell phone stuff that BART did yesterday, and that they're proposing in the UK is straight out of Mubarak's playbook I'm glad someone stood up to these censors.

How about they release all your private bank details and private info to the world ?

Where do you draw the line? I draw the line at them attacking the common people, such as myself, and MY information. sure go attack companies and governments where it is justified and in the right way, but leave the common people out of it.

Attacking facebook is an attack on the common people that use it, that is where I draw the line.

If you havent noticed Anonymous doesnt target the common people. They go after corrupt politicians, governments, and organizations. Facebook copyrights your photos and sells your information to the government. Why havent you drawn the line with facebook? Social networking sites will come and go. A new social networking site will replace it. Facebook is a corporation, not the common people.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I doubt they touched any of "your information."

Also.. you are at greater risk from companies like facebook and other sites like it.
Go to spokeo.com and look up your name see what info of yours is up for sale on the internet.
edit on 15-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

BART needs to be shutdown. This is their second murder in just a few years. That first one that was caught on film was awful.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000

Originally posted by GARN40ish
This is great, it makes me so happy to see anonymous doing these acts...i wish we all had the power to take a stand the way they do!

Anonymous is an Idea, and everyone does have the power (not just hackers)... Please watch whole video but pay attention to what you and anyone can do which starts around 8:50

EXCELLENT vid. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crystalbeing

If you havent noticed Anonymous doesnt target the common people. They go after corrupt politicians, governments, and organizations. Facebook copyrights your photos and sells your information to the government. Why havent you drawn the line with facebook? Social networking sites will come and go. A new social networking site will replace it. Facebook is a corporation, not the common people.

Do not, i repeat, do not trust anonymous for any reason whatsoever. They said themselves that they are not for the good or for the bad. They are like the clappers from the book "Unwind." They are a vigilante group with questionable methods only out to cause distortion. They can be your friend one second and your enemy the next.

As for the protests, I'm hearing many things. I hear that charles hill was armed with a gun, and killed himself with ricochet (although the security video of the shooting says otherwise). I heard that he had a knife and was threatening the officers, and that he has outstanding warrants for killing people. I also hear that he was completely unarmed. One thing is for certain, though. Most to all of the protesters at the bart station were from out of state. Oregon, by the looks of it. And they only protest at the slightest SLIGHTEST chance there may be police corruption.

BART apparently plans to release more information after the trial though. (blogs.sfweekly.com...)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I am actually getting sick of anonymous. What difference have they made good bad or other wise, short of causing a temporary, minor annoyance to the owners of a few websites.....

I think they helped to leak a few documents.....that also made no real difference.

They are touting themselves as this...amazing revolutionary group..... But....they haven't made any real difference....

Can we replace them with a group that will do something that matters in the long run?

Sorry,but, the issues that they are calling people out on are not going to stop because of a few lame DDOS attacks.

I guess I just mean, do something that makes a difference...
edit on 15-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am actually getting sick of anonymous. What difference have they made good bad or other wise, short of causing a temporary, minor annoyance to the owners of a few websites.....

I think they helped to leak a few documents.....that also made no real difference.

They are touting themselves as this...amazing revolutionary group..... But....they haven't made any real difference....

Can we replace them with a group that will do something that matters in the long run?

Sorry,but, the issues that they are calling people out on are not going to stop because of a few lame DDOS attacks.

I guess I just mean, do something that makes a difference...

There was one person, ONE PERSON, i have seen once on an anonymous forum that actually knew what he was doing. During the "attacks" on Westboro's websites, he had gotten root access to the servers and was about to wipe everything out and replace with a simple page when all of the other "hackers" DDoS'd the site and he was kicked off.

So, yes. A mosquito on your neck. Theyre annoying and mostly harmless, but has a potential to be dangerous.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

So, yes. A mosquito on your neck. Theyre annoying and mostly harmless, but has a potential to be dangerous.

Yeah,I hear you.You have to watch out for that one rare one that carries west nile virus so to speak. Yet,I guess He has to watch out for the rest that just sort of fly around, get in the way and buzz in your ear.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

LOL there not going to release people bank details, it sounds like you read the papers

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

would you no rather anon hacked your details compared to a bunch of cyber details. If your details are that easy to hack it is better that a group like anon expose this..
Really it shows how rubbish some peeps are at storing your personal data. If they are going to store it adleast they should be able to look after it proper....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm so sick of people getting their panties in a bunch at the first sign of anything remotely unpleasant. It really bothers me how far out of their way people will go and how much they'll give up to avoid squirmish or conflict. So many are content with their sad pathetic little lives and are oh so thankful to their government for taking their rights and enslaving them for their protection, not only from the big bad "evil-doers" but even from themselves. Even on a site like this, people continue to perpetuate their fear and cowardess... Condemning Anon but not doing anything themselves or offering up any actionable solutions.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN KEYSTROKES

Nothing will ever change without action and now, even with the gross denial of rights paraded smugly in your face, still you cower. This isn't going to be pretty, and the sooner everyone realizes and accepts that the sooner we can get on with what is important.

TPTB aren't going to give up without a fight. It would be great if they would, but it's not gonna happen. We the People have to step up and take back what is ours. When all is said and done, those "citizens" who didn't stand up and fight should be tried for treason. You want to be a cowardly slave?

NOT HERE... NOT NOW... NOT EVER AGAIN.

Viva la Revolution! Bravo to Anon! I will not look back in regret. I will not go down without a fight. I WILL be able to say I was there and I did what was RIGHT, not what was EASY.

Will YOU?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

What people are missing is hacking in to secret files and distributing information to the masses in the long run can be hurtful to society rather than a help, in the UK we find out that the police are corrupt, the bankers are thieves and our politicians are thieves and lier's, great..........??? then what happens, the bankers leave the country with their takings, a couple of politicians do a few months in a open prison and the rest of them seem to get away with it, the top policemen under investigation hastily retire on full pensions. Then the riots start, civil unrest breaks out hurting our own people and burning down our own communities, we asked the rioters why are you doing this? they reply, ' well if the police the bankers and the politicians can steal rob and lie so can we.' How has this helped the whole situation at all. We need to sit down with a fresh canvass and start from the beginning, and come up with a new plan, innovative thinking, this will take good people and great leaders, do we have these people amongst us, by the looks of it i'm afraid not, we live in worrying times.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i keep on reading posts (especially here on ATS, and a few other comment threads) which appear that the understanding of what Anonymous is and does is being thought out by some clandestine group of people that somehow follow orders from superior members who are computer whiz kids (or disinfo-agents provocateurs).
Or that Anonymous is some aimless revolutionary (or Terrorist) group of hacker thugs who are in a big buick flying down the highway with no one at the wheel drunkenly slamming into whoever is on the road ahead of them. Metaphors and discriptions don't really work when trying to define an anomally such as Anonymous. Anonymous is amorphous and alive like a thought which leads to more thoughts and insights.

So, without trying to sound vague or cryptic... Here is my take on Anonymous (for what it's worth)

Anonymous are not just Hackers or Script kids (although some Anonymous are)

Anonymous does not only exist on the internet (although, almost everyone to some extent exists on the internet, like us here now)

Anonymous can be confusing and paradoxical. Similar to how the Punk, Dada, Abstract or Surreal art movements appeared confusing and sometimes conflicting within each movement. Similar to how Socrates condemned the "States" random and arbitrary laws, yet still obeyed the law and drank the hemlock. It is not "double speak" or cognitive dissonance, it is merely a means to accomplishment (or success) in which everyone is limited by what means are available and what is trying to be accomplished.

While being a "group" and not being a group at the same time, while having "members" and also everyone being a member, while hacking and condemning hacking and objecting to secrecy while wearing masks and being anonymous, the Anonymous "Hive Mind" seems hypocritical if not at least disjointed and random.

Maybe not everyone is actively participating in a specific action - Still, everyone with a voice can be heard and Anonymous members are very concerned about what others have to say and do take every possibility into consideration.
There are certain "rules" to any idea or movement, otherwise it would be a different idea or movement (does that make sense?).
If it doesn't follow the Anonymous "way" or core values, then it isn't Anonymous. Similar to how people can say they are this or that religion or hold tenets of belief but don't really follow their said beliefs or hold the convictions of those beliefs. (as we all know Christians who we also know aren't really Christians)

Anonymous individuals might have different angles and perspectives but the "Cause" is the same, and there are only a limited number of ways for that "Cause" to be carried out.
As an example, you couldn't be a "Punk-Rocker" and only play and listen to country music. That would make you a country musician who mistakenly (or puposefully) is calling yourself a punk-rocker (and vice versa). Or if you were a Moslem attending only Jewish temple and only reading hebrew literature calling yourself a Moslem wouldn't make you one. And this also goes for Anonymous with the exception being every/anyone can be Anonymous as long as your core beliefs don't conflict with Anonymous's values (a meth cook or unscrupulous banker couldn't be Anonymous).

Anonymous is not a group as generally defined by words. It is a movement or an idea, try to think in abstract terms beyond the definitions given to you by those who oppose (or don't understand) Anonymous, (like the MSM and/or various propaganda machines who seem to like the term "Hacktivists" or describe Anonymous as being basically juvenile delinquents DDOSing websites)

In a way you are part of Anonymous as you have made your "feelings" known on a public forum and those "feelings" are taken into account by other Anonymous members who are actively participating in Anonymous activities (this isn't a small group of people with a grudge).
Anonymous struggles with the "angst" that comes from trying to be aware and considerate of other peoples ideas and feelings, yet still having to participate actively what they feel they are "called" upon to do.
Those who do not struggle with this angst are not really Anonymous and are just calling themselves Anonymous, yet at the same time who is to say other than that individual if they are Anonymous or not? But that individual may find themselves being looked at as being hypocritical or making false claims by other Anonymous members and will be "called out" to either explain themselves or stop doing what they are doing (Anonymous is somewhat self regulating).

The following is a small breakdown of only a few of Anonymous's, "Operations" - "Messages" - and "Clarifications" -All titles i've selected are from just a small slice of Youtube videos and doesn't include websites, blogs and twitter feeds.

*OPERATIONS (things being or that have been done):

- OPERATION ALGERIA

- OPERATION EGYPT

- Anonymous - Operation Malaysia

- Anonymous attack again! Syrian Ministry of Defenses Website Redesigned

- OPERATION BAHRAIN

- Wisconsin & Anonymous Strike Back!

- US Chamber of Commerce, HBGary and Hunton & Williams Caught in Domestic Spy Plot

- 'Anonymous' Targets Wall Street with 'Operation Icarus'

- ANON Attacks Koch Brothers

- Anonymous v. Westboro Baptists

*MESSAGES (A Call to like Minds):

- ANONYMOUS - OPERATION BLING - A Call To Action

- Anonymous Message to the Global Media

*CLARIFICATIONs (Anonymous is an Idea):

- To Clarify Anonymous

- Anonymous Speaks! 03/05/2011

- What is Anonymous? Understand Us!

Also, it helps to realize how much irony and sardonic humor is involved. Some Anonymous do it just for the Lulz.

A message from 70 years ago...

edit on 15-8-2011 by trika3000 because: missing word

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by micmac08

I think what your missing is that people might learn that the companies that say they protect your information DON"T REALLY ! and maybe just maybe people will stop being so foolish as to put their entire life on a computer for what benefit !!

All your info is just sitting out there waiting for someone to grab it ! Anonymous is just pointing this out.

P.S. #OpFACEBOOK is a load of BULLS#*T not endorsed by most Anons. Facbook is one of their only means to release info why would they shut it down ?

And imho i thinks its helping its making people angry ! People need to start getting angry !!! Angry enough to get of these forums and do something !

edit on 15?8?2011 by rboiATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rboiATS

Ok i see your point, but the way its going in the UK the government have all our information anyway, which by the way they are already sharing around with who knows who, or they just leave the discs or laptops in the back of a black cabs or on the train, you couldn't write it but it true! In 10-20 years we will probably all be either carrying the chip with all our information in or it will have been placed inside our bodies by the governments who will hold a copy on everyone, i wish i could see a positive outcome from everything that is happening, and believe you me i do try, its just seems all to be so messed up.............

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by micmac08

I'm not saying it's all gonna be roses, and I'm not saying I'm right this could all turn very sour very easily but i guess people are jumping on board because they just feel like its time, time for what i cant say Revolution, I'm not sure maybe, but time for something.

I guess eventually people will have to take the masks of and stand together but it will be much easier to do with people standing beside you !!

People have to decide for themselves whats good and what goes to far !! Anonymous DOES NOT force people to do anything they don't want, so far i haven't done anything illegal for them but i support some of their Causes/Ideas that i myself believe in, people will have to make those decisions for themselves !

Peace

edit on 15?8?2011 by rboiATS because: Atrocious spelling 8D

edit on 15?8?2011 by rboiATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmac08
reply to post by rboiATS

its just seems all to be so messed up.............

The whole worlds messed up and if we do nothing we'll get messed up along with it !

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join