It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Kurt Cobain and the Industry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So yeah Kurt Cobain is dead. He was 27. A lot of other musicians died at 27. What's the point man? I know it's late but come on. Why did you post this?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Benny

The industry is rotten to the core. Love killed Cobain.
Sacraficial lambs. 2+7=9.
And the show goes on.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
reply to post by Uncle Benny

The industry is rotten to the core. Love killed Cobain.
Sacraficial lambs. 2+7=9.
And the show goes on.

I thought it was a shotgun that killed him. Sacrificial lamb? More like suicidal idiot who took the cowards way out.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yeah. Mafia didn't like Jimi Hendrix either, poor guy just wanted to play the blues.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Kurt Cobain had great talent and sadly was very misunderstood throughout his entire life.

The media painted a picture of him that made it easy to believe that he only had interest in drugs and didn't want to live.
A lot of his art may have attributed to this..i suppose that's the price of expressing yourself.
I don't think he truly wanted to die.

No one really questioned his death or all the inconsistencies surrounding it and the period of time before it beginning with the failed Rome "suidcide attempt".

A lot of police misconduct as well involving the investigation.
Many seemed to gain from Kurt's death.

Don't take my word for it just yet, let's see what a PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR has to say about it:

JusticeforKurt

Also, OP. Please try to edit your post to include something of substance...at least describe the video or give us a reason as to why it's being posted on a conspiracy forum. Mods will take care of it if you don't.

peace to kurt

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
He was murdered by tptb. Not Courtney Love. She herself is a puppet. As a child she was growing up in a cult where her parents fed her acid. Kurt had to die and no one will ever find out who was in that room with him on that day.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
He was murdered by tptb. Not Courtney Love. She herself is a puppet. As a child she was growing up in a cult where her parents fed her acid. Kurt had to die and no one will ever find out who was in that room with him on that day.

Where do you people get this information from? I mean does it come out of thin air or do you truly read what you're typing? This is crazy!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Yes, and to music moguls like David Geffen Kurt was worth much more dead than alive. Courtney imo had some part to play in it, and there are big question marks around the death of Hole bassist Kristen Pfaff - Courtney admitted being in her apartment the morning she was found dead of a heroin overdose.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Uncle Benny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Well I'm not sure If i buy the whole Illuminati killed Kurt and all, but then I think for a moment...anyone with great influence over the people and with a positive message ends up dead. Lennon, Hendrix, Marley, Tupac. And they're just a few musicians...there are many more non-musicans that fit the bill too.
I don't think anyone here can clearly define "tptb" but it seems to me that popoular culture is being designed and influential people are taken out of the game when deemed a threat to the status quo. The good guys are taken out and then the media is inundated with crap, mind numbing distraction-entertainment, and other negative influences.
I think Kurt was was wanted dead by someone closer to him, not by the "shadow-government" or the dark side of the entertainment industry (although the latter also seems plausible). That's not to say these things don't happen though.

Some of it is outlandish but I think it's crazier just to dismiss his death as an open and shut case and deny him a proper investigation. There's a lot of information on JusticeforKurt.com that needs to be known to a wider audience.
edit on 14/8/2011 by UsedIllusion because: added paragraph

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I still think Courtney did it from all of the things I've read. Just another we'll never know story in the music industry. Funny how death follows certain people.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Regular junkie suicide, I'm afraid.

He was, however, the last of the great musicians. Everything has been derivative crap since.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe they were all a bunch of addicts who were miserable? .... or miserable people who used drugs as an escape - either of these options work as well, if not better, than a conspiracy option.

I have no doubt that Kurt had several illnesses, the least of which being addiction. The man was miserable. As far as I'm concerned, he was ready to check out. He didn't want the fans. He didn't want the fame. He did it for other people.

Yeah, ok, I agree there are holes in the official story - but that just makes me think the suicide was assisted - there was a lot more music to be made if Kurt was alive, so I'm never going to buy the idea that he was worth more dead. If there is a coverup, its probably intended to protect the assisting party.

If its nothing more than keeping some facts away from the public eye, well.... its none of our business really, and not everything has to be printed in a tabloid. We're not entitled just because we're "fans".

As for his age, to me, its a clear case of apophenia. Give someone a random number, and they give it meaning.

Before you call him a coward, imagine for half a second, how much pain you have to be in .. knowing that millions upon millions of people love you... that you made some of the most monumental music of all time.... and STILL take your life.

Now multiply that by infinity and see how long you want to live.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Average talent, who stumbled onto a new genre.

Overrated.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UsedIllusion
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Well I'm not sure If i buy the whole Illuminati killed Kurt and all, but then I think for a moment...anyone with great influence over the people and with a positive message ends up dead. Lennon, Hendrix, Marley, Tupac. And they're just a few musicians...there are many more non-musicans that fit the bill too.
I don't think anyone here can clearly define "tptb" but it seems to me that popoular culture is being designed and influential people are taken out of the game when deemed a threat to the status quo. The good guys are taken out and then the media is inundated with crap, mind numbing distraction-entertainment, and other negative influences.
I think Kurt was was wanted dead by someone closer to him, not by the "shadow-government" or the dark side of the entertainment industry (although the latter also seems plausible). That's not to say these things don't happen though.

edit on 14/8/2011 by UsedIllusion because: added paragraph

^ Yeah imo you're bang on the money here. I think it was Lennon who said if you want to control a population you do it through music. Rock n'roll is basically a sun symbolic death cult and if you want to become part of the industry particularly in the US/UK there's a price to pay. Like Bob Dylan sang, "You've Got To Serve Somebody" -

John Todd (Collins family) -

For the poster who stated he didn't go along with Kurt being worth more dead then take a read of this - "Kurt Cobain Knocks Elvis off top dead celebrity earner spot."
www.dailymail.co.uk...

What sickens me most about this whole episode, if it was murder, (investigating P.I Tom Grant believes it was and so do others who have researched in detail) is the number of kids who took their own lives because they fully believed Kurt killed himself.

According to Cobains closest friends at the time he seldom if ever spoke of suicide, according to them this all came from Courtney. Kurts grandfather stated he was never happier than in the final year of his life and his stomach pains had completely cleared up.

And what about this - Courtneys own lawyer admitted to Tom Grant how Kurt was in the process of filing for divorce. He had a pre-nup agreement which meant Courtney would have received... zilch from any marriage breakup.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

He was not a great musician. I was in the northwest during this whole movement and saw alot of these bands live. Kurt Cobain was no more a musician than any of the other guys coming out of that scene. Their music was a bunch of rabble written during drug induced hazes but once they got popular people translate that into great poetry and stuff which it wasn't.

As for his death you could take anyone who dies and examing their life and find all sorts of conspiracy's if you look hard enough and read between the lines. There is no conspiracy here just a guy way to strung out on heroin who took his life due to drugs and depression.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Uncle Benny is right. Cobain was happy and his stomach pains were gone. Considering the wealth of evidence that contradicts the official story, I am not too sure how anybody (especially on a conspiracy forum) can still believe the suicide story. Kurt was a singer/songwriter and wanted to play acoustic music, which is motive for the industry to kill him. And Courtney had threatened his life on at least one occasion. Who knows who was behind it?

But I personally believe Courtney did it.
edit on 8/14/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Nobody really wants to hear your thoughts about anything. You never add anything to the discussion, and why anybody would ever star anything you write is beyond me. I have seen you post that you don't even listen to much music because it doesn't move you, so how are you even qualified to speak? You just go around being a pathetic contrarian, which is the absolute worst kind of troll, so why don't you do it somewhere else?

I, however, am an expert on music, and I can without hesitation say that Kurt Cobain was one of the finest songwriters of his generation, and certainly the most influential.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I still stand by the suicide angle. Kurt clearly suffered from bipolar disorder. Throw on top of that a failing marriage, a life controlling addiction to heroin, and being constantly in the public eye due to fame that he never wanted. Pretty much the only thing I see that he had going for him at the time was Francis Bean. So, if he entered a depressive period and the heroin wasn't working to kill those thoughts anymore it's not a stretch of the imagination to think that he would commit suicide.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join