It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Not Shown On 19th Or 39th Blocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is no big deal, but I am curious about it none the less. It seems on my 19th and 39th post, right before the next page, I can only access the post by clicking the one before it , then scrolling to it. Is this normal?
Prolly just a glitch, but I was curious about being able to remedy it.
other than that, still digging me ATS!

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Color test, for the heck of it

Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors
Colors

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What posts where

Those colours made me think of college, try writing the colours in a different colour, then saying the word....like:-

Green

If you write it like you just did, its really hard to do

(I hope you find your post's an easier way!)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Hey CV, I was talking about my own posts when I go to my Posts By Member page, and click on my 19th or 39th posts. The page that opens is a mutated(
) ATS page, that is the right page, but that does not show the posts. I think it is just a small size glitch thing.
The colors were just a spontaneous notion for testing in general. I knew this thread would be a less than active one.

peace
edit on 13-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Okay, here are 2 examples from today regarding what I'm talking about when I click on my specific post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Any tips? Or just live with it?

Does anyone else's 19th, 39th, post do this?

Thanks
edit on 14-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok, I get what you mean now...when I click those links I think parts are broken...there is nothing on that topic...but when I go into the forum, I can click on the topic and it is all there.
Is it when you get so far into a topic this happens, I'll try it if you explain what you mean
(you added the screenshot now lol)
edit on 14-8-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Yea, it's always the number before the next page, which consist of 20 posts. Post 19, 39, 59 etc...
Does your # 19th or 39th posts do that?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, it is the same for me, how weird.
I have been on here earlier today and not had that trouble...
Tt says, there are 4 pages of this topic, but the 1st page doesnt show a link to the 2nd.
Is that the same?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Okay, then it's not just me, it's system glitches. I understand that too, with all the data involved in ATS. Since it is not just me, I will not worry then. Thanks for the feedback CherryV

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Okay, here are 2 examples from today regarding what I'm talking about when I click on my specific post:

Odd, when the link is clicked in the post list in your profile (and the ones copied from there) the ATS site creates a URL that should go straight to the post. Only problem is the page is wrong. In the case of link 1 there is no page 2. In the case of link 2 the site thinks the post is on page 3 when it's actually on page 1. In each case when you look at the URL for the "This Post" button it is correct.

Edited so the site won't shorten the URL.
hllp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread740268/atpost12066379
hllp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread740268/pg2#pid12066379

hllp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread740129/atpost12066333
hllp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread740129/pg3#pid12066333

I'm thinking that a post was deleted in the thread causing a mismatch. Unfortunately, I don't know why. The system should simply look up the pid and be able to find the post.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Do any of your 19th or 39th posts in a thread do this?
Thanks for the comment too.

spec

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by LazyGuy

Do any of your 19th or 39th posts in a thread do this?
Thanks for the comment too.

spec

I asked myself that question, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to find out.
I'd have to click on all of my posts to see.

I would imagine that whatever the mechanism is that causes the anomaly would effect everyone.

I decided to try picking a thread and testing it to see. I picked the post at the bottom of page 2 and noted the time of the post. I then went to the members posts and found the post in the list. Sure enough, I ended up on page 3 when I clicked the link. So it looks like it affects everyone. Still now sure why the system gets it wrong though. This puts a dent in my deleted post theory. I picked a thread at random. Sure I might pick a thread with a deleted post, but I think the chances are slim.

Post I chose.
hllp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread736756/pg2#pid11990893

Link from members profile.
hllp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread736756/atpost11990893

Does ATS pay a bounty for hunting bugs?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

It seems to only occur on the last post before next page. ATS pages are all 20 posts each, thus the 19th, 39th 59th etc posts are the only ones it does this on.
ETA: I have noticed as soon as someone else posts a 20th, 40th or 60th post, everything is fine. Must be an end of the page thing, until the next page begins with a 20th post. The above mentioned 2 posts are fine now. S'all good really, just a bug I reckon.

new topics

top topics

join