It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I put off reading this topic for as long as possible, now that i've read it, I honestly want to cry. That is SO horrible. I really have no other words to say that won't get me in trouble & censored. Poor bears.

I feel exactly the same and I know whenever I get a quiet minute it'll come back and haunt me, same as the pig video that did the rounds last week. But nothing happens ever to stop this. Awful awful awful. God help us all if reincarnation is real.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

According to the Chinese media, a mother bear killed her cub before eventually killing herself, apparently in an attempt to save her baby from a life of pain and suffering on a bile farm in China.

Reports claim the mother bear heard her cub’s cries while workers attempted to puncture the stomach of the creature to harvest bile, which is believed to have healing properties.

The enraged mother bear broke free from her cage causing the workers to scatter in fear. She then made her way to her frightened cub and proceeded to make a futile attempt to free the scared animal.

After efforts to free her offspring failed, she hugged her cub before strangling it to death. Witnesses allege the mother bear dropped her dead cub before killing herself by running into a wall head first.

What a terrible story...

The fact that these animals are committing suicide should be telling enough. The minute a wild animal can think to create suicide there is something wrong.

We focus on the whales when this is a huge issue as well.

This is just plain disgusting...

Pred...

ETA: Actual news source.
news.asiaone.com...
edit on 10-8-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

Wow.

They harvest bile? That's sick.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Want to help?

Go here...

www.endbearfarming.org...

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Want to help?

Go here...

Raist

Signing one's consience clean?

What does actualy signing something do appart from make you sleep better at night?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What a sad story ...but the way we handle animals is cruel nearly everywhere ...not only in china.

OK, someone could say it is even more retarded to torture animals because they want to increase their "Stamina" but the rest of the world isn´t any better... we torture and kill animals in unimaginable numbers for food and our only "excuse" is that these animals won´t live in the first place if we wouldn´t eat them

If you realy want to RUIN your day/week watch the following documentation

Earthlings

All kinds of animal cruelty is shown in this film and it gave me headaches for weeks afterwards ...

In earthlings the scene that makes me instantly wan´t to cry anytime I see is from china again ...filmed in a dog fur farm. I just can´t stand the sad eyes of a dog covered in blood - still living - with its skin peeled of and looking into the camera ...just disgusting ...sick...and leaves me speachless

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Agreed, would Britain like it if people labled the entire country backward due to a few companies involved in animal testing? HOWEVER! If people didn't purchase the bile that is thought to have healing properties, then these people would be out of business. Which begs the question, why and how wide spread is the belief in such "medicines"? I have to say that the impression I get is that there is a very primitive mind set when it comes to animals in many countries in Asia. The western world has, on the whole, a good reputation for animal rights and legislations in place to prohibit the unnecessary suffering of animals. These countries don't or at least tend not to enforce it, that can give a perception, rightly or wrongly, that these countries are not interested in such issues and as such a perception of the general mentality of the people there. Rightly or wrongly.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, this pretty much ruined my entire day.
Just when one has thought they have heard the worst story about animal abuse...
I wish there was some indication it was a hoax. Strangling though? Bears don't have opposable thumbs so I am having a hard time understanding that part.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by DaveNorris

...the termite will block itself in a tunnel and attack intruders and when it is facing certain death as it is wedged in and can not escape it deliberately explodes itself covering the invaders in a sticky, toxic substance.

I wonder if they shout, "Allah Akbah!" at that moment.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It seems the mother bear was AWARE of the harm her cub was experiencing and wished to free it of human harm. To go even further and then kill herself shows that the animals have some awarness of what is being done to them and if this is true then they should be takin into more consideration. SAD, reminds me of the ill that goes on in the slaughter houses and the animals hearing the screams of those being slaughtered...

Many say well whats the answer.... Maybe flavored type past or chips of some kind or just engineer animal husk w/o the brains or neuro systems, but they must be considered, again if it is proven that they are aware. Sorta like the ATS thread would you eat livestock if they could speak your language?
edit on 8/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is the saddest story. I can not understand how people can violate the rights of animals or other humans.
I have worked at a horse rescue and it is very difficult to sleep at night after volunteering. We are not moving forward spiritually, if we continue to allow this behavioral abuse on this planet. This must stop. People must act responsibly and be held accountable for their actions.

The problem of over population and poor education must be addressed. I remember in the mid 1980s watching a film on China's one child policy in sociology at college. Every woman of breeding age should wear a norisdorm implant in that country to control over population. Things are just getting extremely out of balance and out of control here on Earth. It must stop.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by Jay-morris

Agreed, would Britain like it if people labled the entire country backward due to a few companies involved in animal testing? HOWEVER! If people didn't purchase the bile that is thought to have healing properties, then these people would be out of business. Which begs the question, why and how wide spread is the belief in such "medicines"? I have to say that the impression I get is that there is a very primitive mind set when it comes to animals in many countries in Asia. The western world has, on the whole, a good reputation for animal rights and legislations in place to prohibit the unnecessary suffering of animals. These countries don't or at least tend not to enforce it, that can give a perception, rightly or wrongly, that these countries are not interested in such issues and as such a perception of the general mentality of the people there. Rightly or wrongly.

Another thing that these uneducated people on this thread don't realise, is chinese medicine is not just big in China, but all over the world. In uk alone, you will have a chinese medicine shop in every highstreet.

I don't agree with it, one bit, but what gets me are the hate fueled people on this thread that are saying horrible things about the chinese as a whole, and thats not on. Not one of them have replied to me, which tells you alot about these kind of people!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Raist
Want to help?

Go here...

Raist

Signing one's consience clean?

What does actualy signing something do appart from make you sleep better at night?

An utterly sickening story :'(

Its good that groups are formed to sign petitions,but in reality they achieve little to nothing.

A more effective approach is to stand outside Wallmart with posters and banners of what wallmart do in other countries,and what those countrys allow to happen for yuan or usd.
It would be far more effective to boycott and organise and propergate, a concerted effor to boycott, in this example all chineese goods and products. It may also help your own countrys economys.I mean why are we buying products from countrys that do such horrid things;we have only ourselves to blame for not refuseing to buy their stuff,and actually line their pockets with our gold.

oh sorry stupid question of me there,most of the people would prefer to save $1 now for a piece of crap defunkt shody product than pay that little bit extra for good quality goods that will last for years not days or weeks,and though they scream about human and animal rights in such countrys dont give a 5hit in reality so long as they save $1 today.

Wake up people and stop buying their goods;then when their government see on CNN & FOX the mass boycott of their goods and why,then you will see affermative action to outlaw this barbarisim.
edit on 11-8-2011 by hrmmm because: typo corrections

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is certainly a very interesting story.

It reminds of stories about chinese workers who are treated like robots now. Alledgely workers commiting sucide because they can't 'bear' their own miserable lives trying to get you your new electronic gadgets.

Anyway, why the hell would anybody with any intelligence believe anything that the chinese media are reporting.

Wake the FU.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This story illustrates how we have failed to look after this planet and it's animals,
there is a day of reckoning coming, for this cruelty and stupidity.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

Its good that groups are formed to sign petitions,but in reality they achieve little to nothing.

A more effective approach is to stand outside Wallmart with posters and banners of what wallmart do in other countries,and what those countrys allow to happen for yuan or usd.
It would be far more effective to boycott and organise and propergate, a concerted effor to boycott, in this example all chineese goods and products. It may also help your own countrys economys.I mean why are we buying products from countrys that do such horrid things;we have only ourselves to blame for not refuseing to buy their stuff,and actually line their pockets with our gold.

oh sorry stupid question of me there,most of the people would prefer to save $1 now for a piece of crap defunkt shody product than pay that little bit extra for good quality goods that will last for years not days or weeks,and though they scream about human and animal rights in such countrys dont give a 5hit in reality so long as they save $1 today.

Wake up people and stop buying their goods;then when their government see on CNN & FOX the mass boycott of their goods and why,then you will see affermative action to outlaw this barbarisim.

Why not just go after the people who are doing this? Why should all the chinese suffer because of it?

It's official! This thread has turned into a China propaganda thread, just like the many threads that have popped up since America has been downgraded. Pretty much most people on this thread just don't have a clue, and they have turned this thread into a hate fueled mess, condemning all the Chinese. Quite frankly, its sick, and one of the reasons this world is a messed up place.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OI! I have an idea.. Lets roll back US regulations so this type of thing can happen in America also, we can claim the constutiton wants us to!
Woooo!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This story angers me tremendously. If I was there I would probably get locked up for killing everyone involved. Boycott products from China and snub any Chinese person you see.
edit on 11/8/11 by masqua because: Snipped racist term

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

And its apparent that Animals have feelings, emotion's, and thoughts way beyond what our little minds can even conceive of.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by hrmmm

Why not just go after the people who are doing this? Why should all the chinese suffer because of it?

It's official! This thread has turned into a China propaganda thread, just like the many threads that have popped up since America has been downgraded. Pretty much most people on this thread just don't have a clue, and they have turned this thread into a hate fueled mess, condemning all the Chinese. Quite frankly, its sick, and one of the reasons this world is a messed up place.

because going after individuals will not work.tell me how will it work? do you have any ideas on that you would like to share? IMO its only when it effects others in their pocket (those that are the ruleing elite)

Your doing more to help the majority that you claim to be defending by takeing the affermative action im refering to. If you stopped buying thier products they would have to change,and stop buying their sweat shop goods,along with publication why your boycotting such,on human rights issues,and youd make those peoples and everyone elses existance much better.
edit on 11-8-2011 by hrmmm because: gramatical correction

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join