It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON - To Destroy Facebook (Vid) By Nov., 5th!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is this possible I wonder?

I personally think it would be a good thing - but guess many people will be devastated! What do you think - can they do it?

The hacker group published a YouTube video announcing their plan, and urging others to take down Facebook on November 5th.

The video says the intention this time is not to overload the social network with service requests—the hacker’s modus operandi so far, but to obliterate Facebook from the world wide web, destroy it.

Anonymous argues that Facebook systematically violates user’s privacy, and as a usual practice, provides government agencies with sensitive, private user information.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

That is interesting, and I do not doubt that the government uses this information just like cloud drives. I ran across a thread at one point that demonstrated that Face Book also uses facial recognition for tagging photos. How true that is I don't know, but I can live without FB.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Interesting. I was about to close my FB account anyways actually, so this may be good timing for me. Certianly reminds me of that Onion News video about FB being a front for the CIA. Maybe Anonymous felt there was some truth to that notion.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

am I the only one who really doesn't care even if they do have my information? I quite enjoy Facebook and am not bothered in the slightest if the government has access to the written mind spew I pour forth on Facebook daily.

I very much doubt they will succeed to permanently stop Facebook but if they do they are basically the bullies going around the playground breaking everyone else's toys just because they want to, not on really imo!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I want to see it!!!!! Come on Anon... do it please. I freakin hate fb.

In some movie's wise words "show me the moooooooooonnneyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Anon, I'm a supporter!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'd be thrilled if they succeeded, however, with the worldwide focus and constant use of Facebook, I doubt it would stay down long.

Big Brother is here to stay.

reply to post by constant_thought

Most people value their privacy.
edit on 8/9/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Anon is right about Facebook. That is impossible to deny. I don't think destroying it will work however, they have backups and they will just reboot it.

Add that to the fact that there are currently more people out there described as 'sheeple' than there are those that are described as 'awake'. Anon. will only help whip them into an angry mob supportive of more governments cracking down on the 'hackers' that shut down their media machine.

Facebook users in general are the same people most of ATS loves to hate. They don't care about any sort of bigger picture, they just wake up, go to work, come home, post on Facebook about how drunk they are going to get on the weekend, how hot John or Suzy is from Jersey Snore and how the most important thing they did all week was buy some over priced piece of consumer garbage.

Rick and Rita from Facebook are not going to awake from a magically induced Facebook stupor and see the light, turn around and fight for their rights... Oh no...

Rick and Rita are going to turn around and demand the guys with guns punish the people that took away their precious ability to check in from the Apple store where they are buying a new iPod.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a group consisting of CIA hacking a site funded by the CIA for regulations put in by the CIA.

brilliant plan...
if you want internet 2.0
or a killswitch

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think that they're going to need until November 5th of non-stop injecting the site to find a vulnerability. Once they find one I'm sure they'll take it down for a little while, as far as defacing the site, I'm waiting to find out too..These guys are elite and know what they're doing, I'm sure facebook is probably a little worried.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So, Anon is now working for google plus (or whatever that newly launched google social network is)...

Ya, anon...sure...lets pretend they are the ones wanting to destroy the main social network just as a corporate competitor started up...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

Pretty judgemental dontcha think?

I am not a facebook user...I made a profile once, and played farmville, then got bored of it after about a week, however, mom and dad use it a lot. Before facebook, they communicated to the family through occasional phones, now they are getting daily updates and "chatting" with pretty much all their family and friends..they feel social in their years...so yes, it does serve a helpful purpose in keeping some otherwise very isolated people in touch with loved ones.

But I am sure your judgement about who uses facebook is probably right...yes, they will wake up and then...go watch television verses actually put forth interactive brain power to be social...because the television is far better than facebook...

tisk tisk.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Kill it I say!

Facebook has caused me and my relationship nothing but stress... Good luck to them!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule
reply to post by quedup

Anon is right about Facebook. That is impossible to deny. I don't think destroying it will work however, they have backups and they will just reboot it.

Add that to the fact that there are currently more people out there described as 'sheeple' than there are those that are described as 'awake'. Anon. will only help whip them into an angry mob supportive of more governments cracking down on the 'hackers' that shut down their media machine.

Facebook users in general are the same people most of ATS loves to hate. They don't care about any sort of bigger picture, they just wake up, go to work, come home, post on Facebook about how drunk they are going to get on the weekend, how hot John or Suzy is from Jersey Snore and how the most important thing they did all week was buy some over priced piece of consumer garbage.

Rick and Rita from Facebook are not going to awake from a magically induced Facebook stupor and see the light, turn around and fight for their rights... Oh no...

Rick and Rita are going to turn around and demand the guys with guns punish the people that took away their precious ability to check in from the Apple store where they are buying a new iPod.

-Lightrule

I think that is a vast sweeping generalisation about facebook users. You are basically implying that anyone who uses facebook is somewhat lesser and lacking in intelligence, yes whilst there may be a lot of people fitting that category who do use it there is also a vast number of others who don't fit in that category, it is a service and a means of contacting people and staying in contact with people you otherwise would be unable to converse with for whatever reason whether that is due to distance or something else.

much as you are looking at facebook and saying "they don't care about any sort of bigger picture, they just wake up, go to work, come home, post on Facebook about how drunk they are going to get on the weekend" yadda yadda, someone could look at the entire human race and think what a bunch of self righteous beings who think they know everything and all each and every one does is destroy the land and kill each other. While true in some cases I personally would be offended if someone tried to fit me into that category as I am sure you would too.

edit on 9/8/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Then you simply have no idea of the great potential of negative uses they can make out of these infos and related to you even if you do not know nor believe it

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I am aware of these uses but it still doesn't phase me, either that or I am actually unaware of what they really can do. if so then please enlighten me because from my perspective it just seems rather trivial in terms of how them having what is already available in the Yellow Pages and them knowing the rubbish I write can actually effect my life in any drastic/adverse way.
In my opinion I just think it is a tad overcautious

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
never mind

edit on 9/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Its not judgmental at all. Its a generalization. Like almost everyone I have/had (Is it deleted? Is it not? Its so hard to tell.) a profile on Facebook. I added everyone in my life, family, friends, co-workers, old school chums, ex flings whatever I had many hundreds of people on my profile. I studied my news feed for weeks making small notes about interesting or important topics that cropped up. Not much more than celebrity gossip, disinformation, or pointless drivel is what I found, sure every once in a while someone would link a news article about an issue that wasn't J-Lo or Beiber related, but not often.

Keep in mind most of my friends are professionals like myself so I didn't just friend 500 immature teenage boys and girls.

Of course not everyone on Facebook is as I described, but the overwhelming majority of Facebook users are. Sure we are going to have the parents and grandparents on there keeping touch and that is awesome, that is why we have near instant planetary communications. But those are not the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about the millions upon millions of Facebook users that literally live their lives on Facebook and don't care one iota about what the company does with the data.

These people set the precedent that says its okay for the corporate machine to steal who and what we are. Its almost like the millions of Facebook users I'm talking about have no idea about and don't care what acquiesce means.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
reply to post by quedup

am I the only one who really doesn't care even if they do have my information?

No, like I said you are part of the generalization, and yes in my opinion for you to allow a corporate entity to make millions of dollars of profit using every bit of data you plug into their site, then you are lesser and definitely lacking in intelligence.

I mean how does it make you feel that Facebook can take ANY SINGLE ONE of your family photos and use it in an advertising campaign to make them filthy rich, without giving you a dime of it? Your family, your photo, your moment, your memory... FACEBOOK'S MONEY!

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
reply to post by quedup

am I the only one who really doesn't care even if they do have my information? I quite enjoy Facebook and am not bothered in the slightest if the government has access to the written mind spew I pour forth on Facebook daily.

I very much doubt they will succeed to permanently stop Facebook but if they do they are basically the bullies going around the playground breaking everyone else's toys just because they want to, not on really imo!

I have nothing to hide either - but in principle I object to the information gathering. You also need to think that 'one day' you may have something that you'd rather they didn't know - or considering you participate in a conspiracy forum - perhaps they might adopt a particular view of you or some one close to you - or even track someone close to you via your FB Account.
Life Moves on and we all leave a trace!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For those of you who aren't aware - as I wasn't. Just take a look at this short video and see just how far their information gathering goes - right down to who pays your bills - (ARE YOU CLAIMING BENEFITS/WELFARE - THINK ABOUT IT!) and who is getting the information.

www.youtube.com...

This Anon group know where the injustice lies - good luck to them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join