It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Up: The White House just announced that all public events have been cancelled today...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Or maybe Isreal is fixing to attack Gaza or Iran or something - supposedly an Israeli bulldozer has cut all communication to and from Gaza. There's a thread about that, but it makes me wonder. Hopefully it is just an accident and they are not plotting yet MORE war of one sort or another.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jansy

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by Jansy

You can't get rid of welfare or public housing. Some people take advantage of that sure, but alot of people need it. Sure, the system prolly needs to be rebooted and changed, but you can't just take these programs away.

I actually didn't say anything about taking away public housing or welfare, I said we should expect SOMETHING in return...some way of paying back for what is, in effect, a free ride. I know there are people that need help and I understand that, but decade after decade after decade of welfare is helping to suck this country dry. (So is sending billions of dollars in aid to countries around the world, when our own infrastructure is crumbling and we have major problems here). Put them to work in some way, if physically possible, shoring up our communities...doing something to EARN that money. Welfare should be a hand UP, not a hand OUT.

What about all of these companies that are getting free rides? You know the ones we give tax breaks to so they can out source over seas? Alot of people ended up on welfare because their jobs moved over seas and there were no other jobs around. None of these social programs were a problem until we started handing out unneeded tax breaks. Like you said pay them to do community service only one problem where is the money for that program going to come from?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

If you don't like the site then why did you join? If you don't like the thread then why are you here still commenting?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
reply to post by caladonea

yea sorry i didn't even notice. i get so frustrated with this site sometimes. it's like can't. stand. the. drivel. you know, people just make crap up to post. if the damn treasury secretary picks his left nostril, some one will say it was a secret message to the Freemasons. if he picks his right nostril, then that surely is a message to the New Power Elite. if he picks his nose and then pulls a wedgie out of his ass, then that must mean that all the predictions about whatever the hell is susposed to happen in 2012 is for real. just. can't. stand. it. some. times.

HI....again...its ok you are funny!...I grow weary of it too.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

omg there is so much drivel on this site anymore it's not even funny. hey genius, you wanna know what's up? the President is going to be in Dover paying his respects to the Fallen. no...sorry...no ELEnin announcement today, and no Disclosure either. find some other nothing to make something out of.

Ah...ya...I already said this...twice!

Of course, I myself addressed it on the top of Page 2.

Perhaps lkpuede should add to his/her 'drivel' comment an obvious lack of civility too.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
The article that you posted says he's going to Dover air force base aince the bodies of those who died in the helicopter attack are coming in.
Why do you think it's something other than that?
edit on 9-8-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

Because that is the official given reason.

And many of us find the government to be entirely untrustworthy about such matters.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

just. can't. stand. it. some. times.

...I grow weary of it too.

I grow weary of those who stand in judgment of a thread they obviously haven't fully read.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ADEzor

America does not get any oil from Iran...or Syria for that matter.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Guess 1: Emergency meeting on how to publicly dilute the England riots in the state run media, so they don't spread to the US.

Guess 2: Emergency meeting on what to do about the Turkey/Syria situation. After all, it appears corruption and thievery ties go way deep with Turkey- source: Sibel Edmonds.

Guess 3: With gold going so high, emergency meeting to buy as much of it as possible.

Guess 4: They realized that public meetings are costing too much money for little or no return, and cancelled them all. (
)

Hey buddy ( oh god im turning into an american) any news from the akashic record ( not taking the piss, i believe you, and will next time and the next).
I dont understand the source of the uk rioting where did it come from all of a sudden, if its kids then f***ing grow a back bone. has anyone considered ther authors of cute cat pictures (anonymous) could have something to do with this?
Do you know whats scaring me the most?, how is this world gonna get better, if the great god Obama "takeing the p) cant do it who can, where are we going here, Worst still i cant discuss anything related to these issues with my kids ( 12 and 20 im not sure if theyre scared or not interested), sometimes i think to myself am i the one who nuts and seeing things that arent really an issue, but thanks to my mates on ats i know im not. I had so much i wanted to say on this post cos i like and respect you american but its half one here and im bloody tired.
I just had this pre bed weird thought about if the world ends and diffrent earths are set up for diferenntly (sorry bout spelling tired) then the celeb lovers are gonna have a world of soap operas, hand bags false eyelases sushi, no carb diets, churches turned into spas, and finally a footballers lover for every woman.
What will our earth be like i wonder. Id love a food that tastes like meat but is actually a veg, id like funfairs where everything is free,, id like free peanutbutter for everyone, id like an akashic record which is accesible by keycard, id like smoking to be good for you,id likeGod to hang around a lot, and finally id if i run out of toilet paper id like one of the Kadashians to be a replacement. (im not gay, i think you all understand my meaning)
love and blessings to all my pals,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
"Obama Cancels Planned Event, Visits Dover Air Force Base"

The headline should've been the Answer to this thread's question. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

if i run out of toilet paper id like one of the Kadashians to be a replacement

Ahhh....in a perfect world.

I don't think toilet paper will ever look the same to me again.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Seriously.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I bet it has to do with Obamas forged birth certificate.

www.khon2.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is one for the history books folks.

Obama is not eligible to be president of the United States.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
www.wnd.com...

When the White House posted online an image of President Obama's purported long-form birth certificate, it also linked to the previously circulated "Certification of Live Birth," the short-form version that had been presented as the only birth documentation available.

However, the short-form certificate to which the White House linked April 27 was a forgery, claims computer expert Ron Polland, Ph.D., who says he made the image himself.

"I made the birth certificate image that was given to the media at the White House press conference held on April 27, 2011," Polland told WND.

Jerome Corsi's book, "Where's the Birth Certificate?" is available for immediate shipping, autographed by the author, only from the WND Superstore

"The White House said the black-and-white image is a copy of Obama's 2007 [Certification of Live Birth], but it's not. It is the forgery I created, and I can prove that is the case," he declared.

Polland said he created the image to bolster his contention that the short-form Certification of Live Birth circulated by the Obama presidential campaign was a forgery.

Read more: 'I created Obama's certification of birth' www.wnd.com...

And he left the layers on purpose? Or no he just was making a birth certificate and never flattened it and they released it!!!

LOL time for the walk of absolute shame.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Have any of us considered the fact that maybe this S&P holds to much power? Seriously...how is one company able to state what economy the entire world has? So, because they say it is so, it is so? I thought that was the kind of stuff on here we discredited? would it not be more powerful to stand up and state we don't not credit them with deciding what our economy is or isn't? I say flood them with calls telling them that the American people do not hold to their company. This country is mostly made up of the working man, Middle class. It is a very small percentage who are "rich", though I have to say I find it disturbing that today's idea of poor is going without air-conditioning, and an Xbox. Lets face it...if you are on this site with a computer in your home, and able to watch the news on a tv....with cable...you are not "poor" and money must not be to "tight" I say "SCREW THEM!" and ignore them. In all honesty...does it effect us? sure. But who is it effecting the most? those we want it to effect! This is not a big a problem as we are assuming. In fact, as crazy as it may seem, our government stills needs a bigger crash in the economy area if things are truly going to change. The problem? Our government officials are still simply worried about the money in their pocket. Think about it...do you had money in stock? why? I do not, therefore, what the DOW closed at yesterday does not bother me, nor the small business my husband and I own. But my grandfather? well, he might as well have given the thousands he lost yesterday to the poor, because now it is simply just gone. Oh..wait..theres an idea....your money is in stock, it is now gone....hmmmmm.....maybe the stock market should not hold such a high hand over this country? does no one see this? am I abnormal? if it were to me? Crash it! why do we have the stock market? for us?

I know many of you on here are not Christian, great, fine, but there are still some "Moral" stories that hold true in the book of the BIBLE. One particular. A man, had an extremely good crop one year. So much so, he had no room in his store room for all the extra harvest. The people in his village were starving, with no food. So, what did he do with the extra food? he spent his money and built a bigger store house. 2 days later, a storm comes through, destroys the older store room, the newer store room, his house and every bit of his harvest.

Sure...the storm would have probably came through anyway, but the point is...he still no longer had it, and nothing to show for it. It would have gone better given to those who needed it. Sometimes we have to ask why we have extra?

Here, my grandfather, is very greedy, his education in business and finances has done him very well. But he has no sympathy for those in need. He laughs when I tell him I make free birthday cakes for foster children, or when he and my grandmother are here to visit during the holidays, they tell my mother she is crazy that she buys extra food to give away. Here, he had thousand and thousands (not sure how much, but a significant amount) in stock, he has lost it. That money is now gone,...simply gone, don't even know where it has ended up. How much better it would have been used with someone who truly needed it.

To me...we give the stock market and S&P to much voice.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Good luck with those thoughts. Back in 1967, the riots in Detroit, L.A. etc were just that type of looting and burning that's going on in the U.K. now. Hopefully that won't happen here, but I believe we haven't seen anything yet

edit on 10-8-2011 by yrwehere1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oh really?!? Nobody cares about the birth certificate idea. I can pretty much guarantee thats what this is all about. HIde your little democratic faces there is a s-h-i-t storm coming to america and it will end with the so called president Obama doing the ultimate walk of shame...but wait... theres more....because Obama is at the forefront and a represented leader at the UN.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
id think that there is something big about to happen within the next couple of days

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join