It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Riot In Tottenham London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Massive Riot In Tottenham London

www.bbc.co.uk

Protesters have gathered outside the police station on the High Road in Tottenham, north London.

It comes after a 29-year-old father-of-four, named locally as Mark Duggan, was shot dead by police on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this, i was unaware of any shooting so before making judgement on wrong or right i will now go and find said story

Just keeping you posted, ok i'm betting the time its taken to gather articals someone has posted already so apologies if there was already a thread i have check before i posted

Any thoughts?

seem to be double decker busses on fire police cars on fire looks really bad on the TV tbh

www.bbc.co.uk

Here is the link for the man who was shot, and the reason they are rioting
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-8-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Already Posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Already Posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are right, you posted the wrong link.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Not sure what to make of this, i was unaware of any shooting so before making judgement on wrong or right i will now go and find said story

Just keeping you posted, ok i'm betting the time its taken to gather articals someone has posted already so apologies if there was already a thread i have check before i posted

Any thoughts?

seem to be double decker busses on fire police cars on fire looks really bad on the TV tbh

www.bbc.co.uk

Our police in the states can bust in doors, and have nearly 100 bullets fired at the resident and... nothing. Our police can gang up and beat a mentally handicapped man to death while he screams for his father and... nothing. Our police can shoot numerous unarmed suspects in the back as they flee and... nothing.

Your police slips up and kills a man an you guys go nuts on the police! Hats off to you English. We may act tough yet it's you guys who always act when being stomped on.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just as always

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Any thoughts?

www.bbc.co.uk

Our police in the states can bust in doors, and have nearly 100 bullets fired at the resident and... nothing. Our police can gang up and beat a mentally handicapped man to death while he screams for his father and... nothing. Our police can shoot numerous unarmed suspects in the back as they flee and... nothing.

Your police slips up and kills a man an you guys go nuts on the police! Hats off to you English. We may act tough yet it's you guys who always act when being stomped on.

i was going to make this point and AIM IT directly at you guys in the states actually

i keep seeing these police brutality thread from in the US and to be honest its an absolute out cry "if true" anything like that happened here the people would be looking for revenge in one way or the other, just like we see here, you guys need to up your game

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Fox news just called him a reported gang member that was out to avenge a rapper cousin. No mention of police.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

i was going to make this point and AIM IT directly at you guys in the states actually

i keep seeing these police brutality thread from in the US and to be honest its an absolute out cry "if true" anything like that happened here the people would be looking for revenge in one way or the other, just like we see here, you guys need to up your game

Ironically, I think the thing that keeps this from happening in America is our 2nd amendment. If we retaliated out of anger, it would escalate into something far uglier and potentially become a series of armed skirmishes. It's kind of like the Cold War where our safety rested in the huge stockpile of nuclear weapons both sides held on to. Nobody wanted an all out war.

I think the biggest safety net our government has is our armed citizens. They know that we don't really want a war and we certainly aren't the types to bring knives to a gun fight so... it's a dilemma, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You can watch it live here
news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just thought I would add to the post: Burning Car

edit on 6-8-2011 by KnightFire because: Added Content

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I've just been watching reports about it and details are coming out. A Gang-Banger shot at a Police Officer who shot him back in self-defense. A bullet was found lodged in the Radio showing it was in fact self-defense. Apparently the guy was out on some sort of vendetta against another Gang.

The key here is Gang-Banger. The scum of the Earth.

For some reason a bunch of thugs are rioting and doing the usual. Destroying innocent peoples property who have nothing to do with it. Apparently the rioters are supporting the Gang-Banger for whatever sick reason they have.

Seems to be a lot of that kind of stuff going on there these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Typical mainstream media - making the police look like the victims right after they were involved taking bribes in the phone hacking scandal. Still, if this is a gang riot then I guess it should be stopped.
edit on 6-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Hats off to you Cuervo for your post about the reasoning for the inaction here. I never really played the thought through to the end but you are right!

I am afraid of either retaliation occurring or being a part of it because I know it will escalate verry quickly.

I am also not sure if they want that so they have an excuse to crack down further.

Very perceptive!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I've just been watching reports about it and details are coming out. A Gang-Banger shot at a Police Officer who shot him back in self-defense. A bullet was found lodged in the Radio showing it was in fact self-defense. Apparently the guy was out on some sort of vendetta against another Gang.

The key here is Gang-Banger. The scum of the Earth.

For some reason a bunch of thugs are rioting and doing the usual. Destroying innocent peoples property who have nothing to do with it. Apparently the rioters are supporting the Gang-Banger for whatever sick reason they have.

Seems to be a lot of that kind of stuff going on there these days.

That just further proves they have more respect for their own liberties than we do. Just a questionable shooting by their police and they riot. We know that our cops are killing us unjustly, no question about it, and we don't do anything.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Ironically, I think the thing that keeps this from happening in America is our 2nd amendment. If we retaliated out of anger, it would escalate into something far uglier and potentially become a series of armed skirmishes. It's kind of like the Cold War where our safety rested in the huge stockpile of nuclear weapons both sides held on to. Nobody wanted an all out war.

I think the biggest safety net our government has is our armed citizens. They know that we don't really want a war and we certainly aren't the types to bring knives to a gun fight so... it's a dilemma, to say the least.

I think to an extent you're right, certainly has the potential to get alot ugly in the states, but it probably needs for one to happen to get anything done, atleast for the police to realise they can't just go around doing that, the government need to be harsher on there police force for going against everything they stand for, to help & protect the population not to hurt & make them feel insecure

It seems most of the storey ive read regarding the US police that they are just looking down on them like scum and shooting dead thos who go against there word

might be a good idea to not carry one along & shot at the police in the US and just set thing on fire

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Typical mainstream media - making the police look like the victims right after they were involved taking bribes in the phone hacking scandal.
edit on 6-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

So you support Gangs and one of their members killing a Cop? Amazing!

You support destroying innocent peoples property who have nothing to do with it? Even more amazing!

Even stranger you linking the two events together.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This strange attempt to link this to anything else is troubling. It shows that those involved are incapable of rationality.

I can't help but wonder what part of self-defense people cannot understand? Even more, how anyone can justify the destruction of innocent peoples property for any reason?

Of course their is no connection. These are just criminals, acting like criminals. It's not some social statement. Criminals always try to use propaganda to justify their crimes. No thinking person is fooled by that nonsense.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sorry man. I don't believe that. Criminals need no reason and they'd be doing that everyday. My connection was obvious and solid enough:

The English retaliate over a local man getting shot and wasn't even in cold blood.
The Americans sit idly by and film their fellows getting murdered and post it on Youtube.

Connection is warranted.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Haringey youth club closures: 'There'll be riots' - video

Video at the link from last week tells part of the reason behind the riots. Local youth club just been closed down in goverment cuts.
edit on 6-8-2011 by moixa because: added link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join