It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil UFO, July 2011 or elaborate led kite ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have done a search for this ( Brazil Ufo ) but cant find anything. This has already got loads of hits on ytube and some are saying it could be an led kite. Sounds plausible considering its angle interesting non the less. What do you guys think.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I must admit it looks like good footage, although there will probably be a reasonable explanation for it.
Personally, I'd like to get a translation of the news report and witnesses before I pass judgement.

S&F anyway.. Nice find, could potentially be great UFO video.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I dunno if its because the angle never changes or because its stays stationary or because it just looks fake but it seems wicked fake to me. I'm still undecided but I'm leaning toward fake, pretty cool looking though, not sure about a kite but who knows.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I have done a search for this ( Brazil Ufo ) but cant find anything.

Existing threads include:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there are a few others as well.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PjZ101
I dunno if its because the angle never changes or because its stays stationary or because it just looks fake but it seems wicked fake to me. I'm still undecided but I'm leaning toward fake, pretty cool looking though, not sure about a kite but who knows.

That's why I'd like to see a translation first.. Was this a video sent in? Was it filmed by a crew? What are they actually reporting on? And what conclusion did they come to?

Without the translation it would be very difficult to specify what it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I usually hold skeptical view on this, but maybe it's the hot morning here Im feeling shocked by this vid. I wouldnt know how to built that "led kite" -plus glowing effect- at all. I of course assume my lack of mechanical knowledge on this one can't be taken as proof.

I have old skeptical questions Im tired of (tired of receiving no answers): 1) How did it disappear? And why wasnt it recorded?

And a complaint: why NOBODY EVER has binoculars for gods sake!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I dont speak Portuguese/Brazilian but Spanish is quite similar, so I'll try:

Anchor: "A glowing object was seen and recorded at Sao Paulo outskirts by its inhabitants. Quite intriguing. A lighting disc, was later uploaded to the Internet."

Witness 1: [a lot harder to understand than the TV guy. The only words I've fished are] OVNI -which would stand for UFO (but Im nor sure if they say OVNI or not)- and "disco volador" = "flying disk", clear, at the end.

Witness 2: [same as first, but Im getting:] "Come!" and the kid says "Space ship?" ("veiculo espacial") and then "No! No!"

This always happens to Spanish-Brazilian. We think we can manage to understand each other but then we travel and it seems we're both speaking underwater.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by tarifa37
I have done a search for this ( Brazil Ufo ) but cant find anything.

Existing threads include:

I think there are a few others as well.

All the best,

Isaac

All I could see were other brazil ufo threads. Thought this wouldn't have slipped through. Please contribute to exsiting threads thanks.

Edit to add...It was a kite

edit on 4-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Unfortunately it seems it was a hoax:

Mechanical shows drawings of the kite with LEDs:

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Please add discussion to existing threads listed by Isaac Koi.

Thread closed
edit on 4-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

join