It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to give $2bn to fund bailouts in Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

India to give $2bn to fund bailouts in Europe

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

NEW DELHI: India is set to fund bailouts in financially-stricken Europe, marking a dramatic role reversal from 20 years ago when it went knocking on the doors of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to avert a balance of payments crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wow, a country which people think is stricken in poverty is bailing out European countries like Greece and Portugal. It really comes as a surprise.

One thing I would wish ATS could clear out for me. I think this is a loan, now what if they cannot payback the loan, then what happens to all the money India lent them?

timesofindia.indiatimes.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I don't get it, a country that has raised their interests rates 11 times in 17 months in order to stave a national crisis now have enough money in order to fund bailouts. not to mention a 39% decrease in the banking market over the last 4 months

Not all appears as it seems

I smell a rat here and it is a gigantic stinking rat!

edit on 3-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: glitch in the matrix

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
There are more millionaires in India than there are AUSTRALIANS, have a think about it. Totally not poor, just a corrupt government.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Oh.. How the tables have turned.. But didn't the uk recently give a huge sum of money to India? For some sort of aid?

There is always a hidden agenda behind these type of things anyway, we just have to try and work out what it is and who is really benefiting from it..

Because, You can bet your ass we won't see any if that money!

But maybe it's just a case of India trying to keep Europe afloat because a European collapse would have a devastating effect on their economy.. With trade, manufacturing, calls centres etc.
edit on 3/8/11 by Misterlondon because: Damn auto correct!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Two billion ain't a lot of money folks in the scheme of international lending.
Lots of Indian nationals in Europe, wonder how many of these got the loot?
Bet ya a disproportianate number.
But its all good, we are all Gods Children.
Live and let live.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If this is the case then why the hell is the UK sending India £1Bn in aid?

I swear I struggle to understand what the hell is going on some days, it's enough to make me
explode, or to go insane!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Like I said in the thread stating people seem to have forgotten the shocking starvation on in Africa. - Just because they SAY they are to give all that money, doesn't mean they do.

Most likely it's not about helping, but investing in business. They won't give it unless it gives em something back.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Oh.. How the tables have turned.. But didn't the uk recently give a huge sum of money to India? For some sort of aid?

Yep, they receive a lot of dosh from our International Aid budget, but that has attracted scorn from many because this is a country that can launch into space while children die of dysentry and hunger! They have nuclear weapons, but a good portion of the population can't even read. India though is very strange. Lots of rich people and big development, but along side that are millions in adject poverty, with open sewers and living in shacks, right next door to a plush 5 star hotel or office complex.

It's a country of extremes and it's awfully run, corrupt to the max.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Firstly, the UK has sent millions and far outstrips any other nation with aid sent for the latest famine.

That said, you'd think the bloody Africans should be able to sort their shizzle out by now. Maybe they wouldn't be so hungry if they didn't have 18 kids in a land were they can't feed themselves, or maybe they wouldn't need to walk 15 miles to the nearest water source if they would just bloody move!

I'm sorry. It's hard to be sympathetic to people going hungry in a desert when they keep popping out babies and just sit there, or worse, start fighting each other. It's all very well us sending money and food, but the problem has to be sorted out by Africans ultimately.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
this is disgusting
I am so angry at this

they could do so much with 2BN for the people in India

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
If this is the case then why the hell is the UK sending India £1Bn in aid?

I swear I struggle to understand what the hell is going on some days, it's enough to make me
explode, or to go insane!

Some fancy sort of money laundering scheme between nations ?

I have still to this date not fully understood the international political money transactions in the form of AID.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wonder how much of it came from this guy:

en.wikipedia.org...

He's Indian, lives in the UK and has more money than God himself. Also well known for his philanthropic activities. Equally well known for the abhorrent conditions his workers endure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
India needs new arms to counter the Chinese supporting Pakistan.

That's all it is. They are joining the CLUB to pounce on China soon.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
India needs new arms to counter the Chinese supporting Pakistan.

That's all it is. They are joining the CLUB to pounce on China soon.

???
You lost me with your comments. How does $2bn to IMF to support bailouts in Europe has anything to do with joing the CLUB (Which club)?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Hello All I think This is time that we(Indians) tell the world certain truths in a very strong tone.
1. Whatever you see is not what it is about India. We have been taking Loans from the west, for a real long time now. Its time we as a responsible brothers of the human civilization start returning the favour.

2. I am dismayed that we are contributing still a very meager amount to the bailout. India is capable of churning in more money to EU, some of you may call me a retard, but I work for the Ministry of Defence under govt of India, I know more than what you people might just be speculating by looking through the internet or travel experiences about this Land called India.

3 We had refused to accept any of that AID money we were offered in 2004 Asian Tsunami crisis and had conducted one of the biggest Relief operations in the history of mankind in the Indian Ocean region.

4. Just google the various scams the ministry of India is involved in, Multi Billion Dollar scams most of them. So you know how much money India has. However, All these funds being given as aid to EU bailout is coming from forex of India. A lot of money of these political parties of India is hiding in the swiss banks ( isn't that Forex in a way for the politicians?)
5. More would be contributed by me in the subsequent posts, I am heading for a movie.

However, I repeat, we could have churned more money. Its time we stand as responsible denizens of this Earth. I am now waiting for flames coming from some pissed of brothers and sisters of mine

sincerely
Sai

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Yep, they receive a lot of dosh from our International Aid budget, but that has attracted scorn from many because this is a country that can launch into space while children die of dysentry and hunger! They have nuclear weapons, but a good portion of the population can't even read. India though is very strange. Lots of rich people and big development, but along side that are millions in adject poverty, with open sewers and living in shacks, right next door to a plush 5 star hotel or office complex.

It's a country of extremes and it's awfully run, corrupt to the max.

Yup. I seen all that and more with my own eyes. In fact I just got back from Kentucky.
Oh...you were talking about India?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
this is disgusting
I am so angry at this

they could do so much with 2BN for the people in India

No, on the contrary, they are helping EU to flaot in order to keep their own business afloat. Thus generating more employment in India. Also, forget not , India wants a permanent UN seat. This is another part of the story.
However, I think India could have more than 2 Bn USD.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sai1711

I agree that most of us do not know the inner workings of the Ministry of India.

I do know that close to 1.8 trillion dollars in Black Money is invested in overseas accounts by Indian Politicians and Businessmen/women alike.
There is a push for all of that money to be brought back into the Indian Banks/Economy but then again that would be a fight between the Tax agencies and the folks who the money belongs to
Catch 22 here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join