It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Olympics, UNICEF & ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So many here on ATS want to help people.

I recently had the pleasure of being involved in one of the most incredible threads, with some of the most incredible people.

You may remember it as the epic "8-3-11" thread.

I know what you're thinking, but this is not a thread about a thread!

Today is officially 8-3-11, and I am proud to say that John has changed his homepage in support of Special Olympics and UNICEF - I believe in honor of ideas that came FROM us here at ATS

If anyone can afford to give, please do so!
Please visit his new page!

I'm so proud - I'm misty

edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: Title adjustment suggested by TNT ♥

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Yay! I'm so glad you did this

(But you STILL need to do the synopsis on the other thread)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

oh man I been posting on every single page for the last 10 the general synopsis! they better go head and figure it out

I love your link/sig!!! I'm doin one too!
edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Dear Forevever,

Thank you for bringing such a good cause to peoples attention, beyond all the doom and gloom, it's nice to see some one still doing some thing positive.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Thanks Bee

I hope more people feel that way ♥

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i'm so glad they did this. and i am also glad to say that it was US (ATS members who devoted so much time to 8-3-11) who suggested they use the site for charity! makes me feel like all the time we spent and all the sleep we lost was worthwhile.

i guess little johnny's an alright kid after all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Niiiice!

Hopefully people will read this, visit the website, read the page, and make a donation. The amount doesn't matter...every bit helps.

Thanks again for this thread. It's so very, very nice to read something positive for a change!

See ya on the boards

edit on 8/3/2011 by TNTarheel because: spelling...as usual

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
i guess little johnny's an alright kid after all.

Probably a damage limitation exercise in reality, still if any charities benefit from it in the long run, that is a positive. There should be no need for charities in the first place if the governments were not stealing the money from the people that need help, in the first place. They use our money to build bombs and weapons, sell them for a profit and pocket money earned from our money. There can never be a UTOPIAN society, until the very lowliest person is treated with the same care and respect as the highest. In secret societies that are behind a lot of the New World Order thinking, they tell their members that whether you are a King or a Pauper, you are brother of equal standing, but they still act with pomposity when they are dealing with someone who they feel is below them.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'd love to give, but I still see his old page at the link provided...

Either way, good on everyone else from ATS involved! Very exciting news.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andriod
I'd love to give, but I still see his old page at the link provided...

Either way, good on everyone else from ATS involved! Very exciting news.

Try this link.

You'll find the links to his original page and his explanation at the bottom of the page.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

I figured it out, haha
I had a brain fart... and my laptop hates me!

Thanks!
edit on 3/8/2011 by andriod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

just found this in youre siggy...good stuff john has a heart after all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It was nice to wake up to all of your responses today.

I was thinking also, money is tight for everyone - if you can't give money - "Time" is always an option

I worked Special Olympics for years - it was always a blast

Doing a good thing and having a good time! who can beat it?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I work directly with the Olympics and travel with my team. (not special Olympics, but Olympics none-the-less). It's amazing how little money is given to certain teams. Some of our Olympians are on Food Stamps for goodness sake! We have professional sports making millions a year... and our Olympians - the ones who are the face of our country... are on food stamps and some barely make $800/mo. It's sad. I'm glad he changed his page in support of the Special Olympics... who have even less money

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Great job, Forever. I would gladly help if I could, but I just recently moved and I have expenses of my own.

If Johnny boy is still accepting donations then I would be willing to contribute at the end of the month. Like I said, there is nothing I can do now unfortunately.

You did a great thing, Forever. It makes me less(albeit a tiny bit) less cynical and pessimistic to know that there are still good honest people like you in this uncertain time we live in.

One thing. If I donate, I want an autographed picture of Jake and Sam. = )

That would be awesome.

Oh! I want a Belle shirt too. That's not a lot to ask for the contribution that I would be making.

new topics

top topics

join