It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: Dollar not worth its paper, Greatest Depression up ahead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Like he mentioned, I too have noticed, even after this "debt problem" is "fixed"... that gold and silver is still going up I was figuring it would be another "bin laden" where it would drop the prices instantly but it doesnt seem to be doing that, only keep rising... gold is new high at 1651 an oz, silver is about 40.55 an oz...

Calling the govt losers was classic too, for all the failed wars... hahah

I also love how he brings up Dwight D Eisenhower warned us all... And that is so true, he warned us 60 some years ago, and we still fall for it... we have been brainwashed for so long...

EDIT - Just to add, I just checked the stock markets as well, and looks like its down 191 points, under 12,000 at 11,936 points...
edit on 2-8-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

i wonder if anybody is going to do anything about it, besides whine. if only there were some people who would stand up so the "shot heard round the world" would be fired once more. if only we could find such people.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I've always loved Celente's work,has a great way with words.Well here we go! It's D-Day! D for Depression

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Celente is and has always been an alarmist. He calls himself a "trend forecaster", but he has been wrong so many times that one has to question his credentials (which are largely self-made). He makes his money by going on the talk-show circuit crying about how the sky is falling. In 2009 one of his videos spread across the 'net like wildfire, I remember clearly that he said the stock markets would lose 90% of their value by the end of the year, that people would lose their homes and be living in rented storage lockers and that Christmas of '09 would be notable for the year that people quit buying gifts for each other and instead turned to arts and crafts to make gifts since they would have no money. He was wrong, so he just pushed the same material all of 2010 saying it was still going to happen, he was just a year off. It didn't happen then either. No surprise that he's pushing the same old garbage this year. If he keeps at it then one day he might be right (after all, a broken watch is even right twice a day) and he'll no doubt trumpet about what a great prophet he is if and when that happens

edit on 2-8-2011 by SavedOne because: Typo

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Spain, Italy Scramble to Combat Debt Woes

It also heightens concerns over the ability of Italy and Spain, the euro zone's third- and fourth-largest economies, respectively, to finance themselves. Greece, Ireland and Portugal started to get frozen out of markets when their 10-year bond yields reached levels of between 6% and 7%.

For Spain, the heightened market tensions come at an awkward time politically, as the country gears up for an early general election Nov. 20. Lacking a parliamentary majority and with his popularity undermined by the economic crisis, Mr. Zapatero announced Friday that he was calling elections ahead of the end of his four-year term in March.

The Dominos are falling faster and faster each Day...

Edit: Another Article (even if i don´t like that Site,too biased)

italy spain feel heat as debt crisis is reignited

Spanish and Italian 10-year yields have moved closer to the 7% threshold. Moves above that level were viewed as fatal to Greece, Ireland and Portugal, shutting them out of world credit markets and forcing them to seek bailouts.

But while those nations are relatively small, Italy is the region’s third-largest economy and Spain is the fourth largest.

Kukukuku (Insert Evil Laugh)
edit on 2-8-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
Celente is and has always been an alarmist. He calls himself a "trend forecaster", but he has been wrong so many times that one has to question his credentials (which are largely self-made). He makes his money by going on the talk-show circuit crying about how the sky is falling. In 2009 one of his videos spread across the 'net like wildfire, I remember clearly that he said the stock markets would lose 90% of their value by the end of the year, that people would lose their homes and be living in rented storage lockers and that Christmas of '09 would be notable for the year that people quit buying gifts for each other and instead turned to arts and crafts to make gifts since they would have no money. He was wrong, so he just pushed the same material all of 2010 saying it was still going to happen, he was just a year off. It didn't happen then either. No surprise that he's pushing the same old garbage this year. If he keeps at it then one day he might be right (after all, a broken watch is even right twice a day) and he'll no doubt trumpet about what a great prophet he is if and when that happens

edit on 2-8-2011 by SavedOne because: Typo

OK, so he is totally wrong. And the other guys, like yourself evidently, harping on his failed "arts and crafts" prediction for two years going, are correct in that we are underway to recovery. Yes? Please point out where we are recovering. (Please give indicators for the good things happening as he gives for the bad that are happening.)
edit on 2-8-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
His 30 year track record suggests people who dismiss him, do so at their own peril.

He has received accolaids from every major US news and financial publication.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Can you back this charge with a link to said video?

Gerald Celente is not perfect but has generally been quite accurate in comparison to other trends writers. His math, from my perspective is quite solid and although he made mistakes regarding a few things over the past couple of years; these errors in judgment were only erroneous due to the FED injecting money into the system above and beyond what was expected initially.

At this point you are dealing with a full out system of corruption that will do anything to maintain corporate profits. It is accelerated wealth redistribution nothing more nor less.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
CNBCbrkCNBC Breaking News AAA rating affirmed, US is downgraded..to negative outlook though...

Now what????

edit on 2-8-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

The truth of the matter is that yes, it does seem like we're in a sort of downward spiral of the dollar and debt, etc. What I've been doing, and you can do too is investing in precious metals. Gold is the obvious option, and for that DGP is a good ETF to buy, it gives you 2X the return of gold. I also like Silver, and think it could have a greater upside, as there is less silver available. Gold gets bought and hoarded, Silver gets bought and consumed (in consumer products).

As for buying Silver, there's the obvious option of buying coins, or you could buy an ETF like SLV. I bought some AGQ, which gives 2X the return of Silver. Now, there is a bit of a decay and it alternates between outperforming and underperforming Silver, but not too bad. I.e. if SLV is up 17%, sometimes AGQ is up 30%. But since inception, AGQ has outperformed SLV 879% to 324%

Check out this vid on Silver:

edit on 2-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Even with the debt ceiling bill passed, the world is waking up to the fact that the U.S. economic recovery is phony, which sent the Dow Jones Index down 265.87 today to 11,866.62. With the Dow Jones in decline Bernanke is preparing QE3 in disguise, which could set the stage for hyperinflation to arrive sooner than expected.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

He would have been right if not for the bailouts, though.

new topics

top topics

join