It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working Tools of the Grand Architect of the Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In Genesis, we’re told that God brought the universe into being with a word. Essentially, “Let there be light!”

In the corresponding surah in the Qu'ran, God's speech begins with the word "KUN"—basically commanding, “Be, light!” The Arabic spelling of kun is كن. When broken into its two separate letters, they are ك and ن. Let's look at those letters:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34f7f396dac5.jpg[/atsimg]

kaf resembles a square and noon resembles the compasses of a Past Master.

One could perhaps argue that the square & compasses of Freemasonry then in some way reflect the orders of the Grand Architect of the Universe at its creation.

Or is this just crazy talk? Discuss.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

“Let there be light!”

and the imperative "kun" seem like god gave an order. but to whom ? very interesting.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The 'kun' of islam is not the "be, light!" of christianity, they are completely different. kun means let it be. or if god were saying it "BE" simply in islam he said be, and everything formed to his wishes, not just light.

ETA: The order to whom? to the smallest particles in the universe.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

“Let there be light!”

and the imperative "kun" seem like god gave an order. but to whom ? very interesting.

I wouldn't personally interpret as an order, more an expression of will.

This theme is in most religions, even in the Hindu faith God created everything with a glance of his eyes, but the theme is also apparent in science as what existed before the big bang? Was it darkness which was then filled with light? The cause of which science has yet to guess upon.

I'm sure there will one day be a mathematical formula which will tie it all together.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Jamjar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They are both a bit of a stretch. Sorry buddy. God is not a Freemason.

These tools are for man's use. God does not need such tools.

Plus Freemasonry is manmade fairy story.

edit on 31-7-2011 by IndieA because: addition

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I dont know why but your opening post seems vividly interesting. If you can find more correspondences like that you might be on to something.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

noon resembles the compasses of a Past Master.

The square I'll give you, but I fail to see this resemblance.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Plus Freemasonry is manmade fairy story.

How so?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It was created by Albert Pike, based on Egyptian mythology, and structured with top/down organization.

All aspects were created by man at some point.

If my name was Luke, I could say the L, looks like a square, but that has nothing to do with anything.

edit on 31-7-2011 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It was created by Albert Pike...

I had no clue that Albert Pike was alive in the 18th Century when the first Grand Lodgee were organized, let alone the 10th Century when the Regius Poem was written and which makes references to Masonry then.

...based on Egyptian mythology...

There is practically nothing in the first three Degree's ritual that deals with Egypt or its mythology.

...and structured with top/down organization.

And? What orginization does not have a top down structure? They all must by their very defintion, otherwise they would be dis-organized.

All aspects were created by man at some point.

And? What works of man were not created by man?

I still do not see the 'fairytale' rationale. Maybe you can explain in a little more depth.

edit on 31-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This thread got me really excited when I read it, until the OP drew a distinction between the creation of light in Christianity and the creation of light in Islam. How is it different?

I am not here to debate religion as I am not opposed to people doing what they want in it, not hurting others, of course.

My interest in your thread stems from a huge painting I am working on, using graphic design to create a timeline, between the Bible and science. So far, nothing contradicts, and that blows my mind, so I designed a painting that will take a fine art approach to graphic design, and use it to create an illustrated, scientifically-accurate, Biblically-correct timeline.

It has been so fascinating to do the research for it, and to come up with (according to graphic design principles) images and colors independent of existing shapes and forms. A whole new design that somehow conveys principles such as the ones discussed here.

I love science, and wanted to honor our universe and the life and processes here on earth, with the added aspect of seeing the Bible fit in so well. It is a painting that (so far) interests and fascinates others, too.

Labor of love.
But again, what is the difference in the two?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Sorry. Any further comments would be a complete waste of time, I see.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorry. Any further comments would be a complete waste of time, I see.

Weak. If you are not capable of explaining yourself why even make comments to begin with?

edit on 31-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Interesting idea. I believe that much truth can be gleaned from the confluence of major religious, philosophical and metaphysical culture - one reason why our world is misguided and suffers from its "me, not them" and "my way, not your way" approach.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
This thread got me really excited when I read it, until the OP drew a distinction between the creation of light in Christianity and the creation of light in Islam. How is it different?
It's not different. I was merely framing it with the Judeo-Christian version of the same tale, on the basis that "let there be light" would be more familiar to the primarily American or western european patrons of ATS, then following it with the Islamic equivalent. I'm not making a differentiation, just explaining the parallels before going into an observation on the characters.

But again, what is the difference in the two?
Nothing, as far as I'm concerned. Someone who were Christian or Muslim might disagree. I'm neither, and don't consider either to be more right or wrong than any other belief system.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Mason's square is similar to the shape of the so-called "Plato's Lambda", which is how Plato in his book Timaeus describes God shaping the material of the universe and dividing it according to the proportions of the numbers 1, 2, 4 & 8 and 1, 3, 9 & 27.

Dr Phillips, a theoretical physicist, has proved that these seven numbers arranged along Plato's Lambda, known for 2000 years as the arithmetic basis for the tone ratios of the Pythagorean musical scale, form in fact but two edges of the four edges of a tetrahedral array of 20 integers. He has shown mathematically that this is the arithmetic counterpart of a fundamental, archetypal pattern that can be identified in the sacred geometries of various religions. He has proved their amazing, mathematical equivalence and elucidated the nature of the pattern of numbers governing holistic structures at his website, giving many illustrations of them in things like the human skeleton, DNA, superstrings and the eight musical modes used in Church plainsong for hundreds of years:
smphillips.8m.com...
The V shape of the Lambda central to Plato's cosmology is the starting point of a wondrous mathematics connecting and harmonizing insights of science and religion. Phillips' work will take you on a voyage to the heart of the universe, where you will find:

God

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

My point is, freemasonry is man's attempt to understand the world.

God created the world, thus he understands it in it'd entirety.

Therefore God doesn’t need a square or compass.

Those are tools of man, not God.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Therefore God doesn’t need a square or compass.

Those are tools of man, not God.

I do not see anywhere in the Original Post that implied that God needed a Square and Compasses or that these were not tools of man.

You failed to answer my other questions and reponses to your previous comments.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

While the OP itself might be a bit of a stretch, the S&C and other Masonic symbols do crop up in the weirdest of places. Joseph Fort Newton, in his quintessential history of the Craft The Builders, tells of this curiousity in his notes:

Mr. Ellis, by means of his knowledge as a Master Mason, actually passed himself into the sacred part or adytum of one of the temples of India.

There's a paper floating around somewhere (I believe it's called Metallic Emblems of the Ancient Native Americans 18XX-18XX) that also examines the relationship between Masonic symbol and Native American symbols. A full-scale effort at this kind of research could reveal a treasure trove of information on the way humans think and communicate across cultures.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The Heliopolis version of the Egyptian creation myth goes as follows...

Day 1 of the creation:

- In the beginning there was only water, a chaos of churning, bubbling water, this the Egyptians called Nu or Nun. It was out of Nu that everything began.
- Then the sun god Ra emerged out of primeval chaos, he came out of a blue giant lotus flower that appeared on the surface of the water.
- Ra gave light to the universe

Source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join