It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA is spending over two and a half billions $USD per day on war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
watch the vid ! Fantastic and realy brings it home.

First of all note the deliberate use of the word ‘War’ in the title instead of the word ‘Security’ and the simple explanation for this is the fact that the USA is not under attack and yet the USA is fighting five wars and something Obama is calling a ‘Military Kinetic Action’ in Libya which enable Obama to sidestep congressional approval for the illegal action.

Secondly you would not be of sound mind was you not to question the simple statement made in the title of this document because it’s an absurd assumption to assume the political leaders in the USA would be allowed to spend such an obscene amount of money by the voting public who after all get to pickup the bill whilst people are losing jobs, homes, Pensions and more importantly dignity.

Welcome to you’re worse nightmare because today as the USA stands on the edge of defaulting on it’s colossal debt or cutting millions of jobs when the military budget in 2011 is running at an eye watering $964bn or to be precise $2,641,095,890.41 a day and was all the Halliburton, Blackwater contracts and deep hidden costs added to the official budget then it would come in close to three billon US dollars a day.

Please watch the excellent video shown below before we have a detailed examination of the figures and then move on to ask how many lives could be saved if only we spent this money on treating cancer or heart disease in the USA instead of anti terrorisms and security.

We will concentrate on the financial year of 2009 as being the worse years on record for Americans life’s being taken by terrorists since 9/11 (Jury is still out on that one) and also notice that the $711bn increased to $805bn by the end of the year.............................................

Continue to read

Here they are talking about the debt celling and whats on and not on the table but nothing said about the elephant in the room being the $2.5bn a day spent on fake wars in Libya.

Yes indeed WTF is going on with the USA.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was going to post this for people, but the spelling in the titles is atrocious. Shame.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

No idea, you are aware I take it, that there still has not been any congressional vote to approve the war in Libya right?

I cant help but feel this debt thing is a "wag the dog" maneuver. With illegal military action in Libya, and the F&F/Gunrunner debacle, both of which could damage Obama.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
I cant help but feel this debt thing is a "wag the dog" maneuver.

Yes agree 100%

Let this $2.5bn a day get out and then talk about stopping peoples pension if no agreement is reached.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
whilst i haven't had the opportunity to read the whole of your post, i will agree that the US seems to value the Defense dollar rather more than anything else it spends its money on. A stupid amount of $per capita/person (more than any other country in the world. Even more than China.
The UK is now downsizing its regular army in favour of using Territorial Army for more combative roles, and has instigated a saving drive by doing this. We , (as in the higher and higher M.P)know we need to start saving in order to budget for home/domestic spending...surely a good positive drive towards domestic budgeting.
Unfortunately, the US seems keen to add more troops despite its inability to cope with its ever growing debt, which is in the trillions. As you stated, they are spending $$$$$$$$$$$$every day, and for what? Why would a country not give a flying f#ck about its debt unless it knows what the outcome is going to be?
there is an evil on the horizon that is going to affect the free world, and unfortunately, i think the US knows and is preparing for it, yet is very unwilling to allow us to know about it. There is an agenda here, which we , as normal citizens, are not privy to.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Saddly for the US, war is not as profitable as it was when pillaging hordes were going at war for profits. Missiles and fuel cost a lot more than sword and buckler.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Yeah, you are right, the government is wasting billions of dollars. The problem is, we pay taxes to benefit this country, and we barely get to see what's is actually ours.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sounds like a deal.

Who can complain about that

(with the worst sarcasm ever)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Is this more shift the debt blame to Bush? If the war cost so much and the debt is all Bush's fault then why didn't Obama end the war when he was elected? I think he even considered the costs of the war a priority to bring down.

The truth is neither side want he economy fixed - they all profit from it as is - some just want more profits than others. I'm more and more in favor of the SHTF scenario. Bring the rage virus and zombies on.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I know this won't be popular, but part of the reason you have everything you have is because the US spends 2.5 billion on war everyday...

Should it spend nothing, then countries that are spending would be flexing their strength globally, increasing their position in geopolitics.

So yes, the US spends 2.5 billion a year, but also hands people paper and tells them to give material goods in return.

They are still doing alright for themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
it is a huge amount of money..but that is very one sided, you are not taking into account how much money war generates.. companies, stocks, jobs, industry, oil, resources among many other things..

if you were to take everything into account against your figure.. you will probably find, war is actually profitable...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
it is a huge amount of money..but that is very one sided, you are not taking into account how much money war generates.. companies, stocks, jobs, industry, oil, resources among many other things..

if you were to take everything into account against your figure.. you will probably find, war is actually profitable...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would also really love to know what the percentage of the defense budget is actually going overseas as ' asset building' ie somalian pirates, Mexican drug control (or as we know the US is very good at- hedging its bets and supporting one side/cartel until it has dominance. Then, that cartel and the US will work together in the . scratch my back , i scratch yours...ie, you are allowed to bring your drugs to the US mainland , in return, give us a few large shipment busts so we can put them in the paper and say, 'we are winning the war on drugs'!!
Defense spending covers a vast spectrum of activities which can all go through congress as ....Defence budgeting

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

----------------------------
Profitable for the military industrial complex and a very few others. Not profitable for WE THE PEOPLE, the taxpayers, who fund it!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Just imagine what we could accomplish if the money was put to solving the problems of the world. Imagine stuff like energy provided at no cost, how that could fuel business and drive down costs of items. At this point in time we need some defense spending, but there is no country in the world that can compete technology wise with the US military. Certainly we could at the very least take a decade off of spending and waging war to take care of issues at home.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I was young and naive once as well... the companies that pay for the US defense budget (after the taxes that have been taken off you) are the big pharma, the petrochemicals, the I.T. companies who work on the drone/unmanned craft (and who are also working towards the unmanned tank (coarse generalisation- unmanned heavily armoured remotely operated land weapon systems)...how many millions or billions of taxpayers dollars do you think get syphoned onto these projects ?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah,, wonderful,, I now know why the wolves are at my door. The IRS sent my 30 day final notice today.

They are coming to take Possession after that time. Jackbooted in my own country.
Yep,, I am not paying for it. (The War, The Bank Bailouts, the Madness we call our Government)

I guess I will go to jail maybe. Not sure what the government will think of all the books and magickal items they will acquire,,, most of it only holding value and meaning to me, sticks, stones, and such that Pagans tend to acquire,,,,, do think they will get much in return.
But who knows,, this is America,,, land of the Free. and Capitalism,,,, only the toughest survive in it.

It will be most disappointing because I know none of my neighbors or fellow citizens will lift a finger when they come and take all I have worked a lifetime for,,, not much,, but I guess I am sentimental. It isn't all their fault,,, they will be scared,, because there will be police,, taking possession of my property. It might even be a neighbor who happens to be a cop that gets the pleasure of destroying my life with a corrupt Law, he or she is paid to enforce. The IRS is No Mans Friend,,,,, they will scare the others into servitude to the cause.
Sadly, I am just another number to the Great (War) Machine of the USA.

They can't spend billions wisely,, so they come after the citizens and fleece us for more.
I refuse to pay the Devil, you can continue if you wish,, but Taxes for this Madness,,,, I don't think so,,, I will conscientiously Object,,, and Not pay them a dime.

They will have to come and Steal it. And I know they will,,,,, that is the America we are in at the moment.

The Revolution.

Ha Ha,,,, all we got was a Tea Party. No one is standing tall about much of this,,, those of us who do,,, get back page notice in Mainstream media,,,, if any. But then again,,,, I will be labeled a Tax Protester,,,,, and that will be my SoundByte Link to the Crazy Fringe,,,, plus my involvement with sites like this one here at ATS.

Tough for me.

Sorry folks,,, until we all quit feeding the Devil,, our lives are going to be Servitude.

I am Opting Out.

Hope I will be able to get online in the future,,, but as you see,, mine and your futures are very uncertain at the moment.
They will be coming for you in one way or another too,,, so don't smirk,,, or start the Patriotic duty thing about paying taxes..,. it is well beyond that and we all know it.

So,,, get ready,,,,,

they are coming

I saw the Enemy,,,,
and it was Us.

Sad, Sad, Sad

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I know this won't be popular, but part of the reason you have everything you have is because the US spends 2.5 billion on war everyday...

But the tax payer are paying the military bill and not get the rewards of war or have you not noticed the price of gas going up.

Repect for saying what you said but i can not agree having followed the money and lets just say it does not end up in the USA.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming

Originally posted by Misterlondon

----------------------------
Profitable for the military industrial complex and a very few others. Not profitable for WE THE PEOPLE, the taxpayers, who fund it!!

yeah, various branches of the government are the biggest earners, but also, along with other "elitist" companies and organisations... but it is profitable which is my point...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker

No idea, you are aware I take it, that there still has not been any congressional vote to approve the war in Libya right?

I cant help but feel this debt thing is a "wag the dog" maneuver. With illegal military action in Libya, and the F&F/Gunrunner debacle, both of which could damage Obama.

Imo the debt thing is all pantomime, and the Mafia behind the scenes has already decided what the outcome is. The whole thing stinks, to me. And yes, it's a great diversion from Obama's despicable, illegal, impeachable and treasonous activities which are being exposed currently.

edit on 29-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join