It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty TSA agent accused of intimidation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Off-duty TSA agent accused of intimidation

www.wsmv.com

SOUTH WINDSOR, CT (WFSB/CNN) -

An off-duty TSA agent is accused of using his status as a federal employee to intimidate a driver in Connecticut, where police said the man waved his badge at a woman for driving too slowly.

The agent, Donald Eichler, said it's way overblown.

"This is terrible. Way overblown. She over-reacted. I may not have a job tomorrow," he said.

He is a transportation security administration employee at Bradley Airport, who South Windsor police said misused his badge when he followed and harassed a woman in his vehicle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't think the lady over reacted at all. I would be irate that this person decided he could continue his job practices outside the confines of the airport. Does this mean that the TSA looks for a certain type of personality in their hires? Or is it building a culture of "harass and intimidate- ALWAYS"?

www.wsmv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its about time that these TSA bullies realised they are not all powerful.

edit on 28-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I most certainly would hope he looses his job over this. Who does he think he is anyway? What an obvious power trip. I bet the agent really felt important flashing that badge around.
In hind site he better watch flapping a TSA badge around in the future. That goes for any TSA employee. Right now my personal view of them is right there with sex offender status and child molesters.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wonder, has a postal worker ever tried to use status as a federal employee to intimidate?

How about a park maintenance crew? They can wave the dog # they just scooped up in a threatening manner.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

LOL @ This Story. This guy sounds too damn proud to be TSA...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I wonder, has a postal worker ever tried to use status as a federal employee to intimidate?

You mean, you've never seen Newman in action???

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought flashing anything in order to lead people to believe you are law enforcement is impersoninting a police officer. Bounty hunters were starting to get into trouble doing the same thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

You mean, you've never seen Newman in action???

When you control the mail you control information.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

this goes to prove what many feel about the TSA psych profiles.

power tripping wannabe's who abuse their power so bad they go FAAAAAAARR beyond their power, breaking the law, committing felonies.

every TSA agent needs:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

*puts on Politician voice*

Well this is no good! My fellow Americans, we have heard your many complaints in regard to members of the TSA abusing their power, inciting fear, and general tomfoolery. So today, we say ENOUGH, and are working on a bit of legislation that, once in effect, will create the TSASF, the Transportation Security Agency Security Force, who's sole purpose will be to keep an eye on these TSA agents. We will do this by stationing troops at every airport, armed with rifles, grenades, and mini nukes. Thank you, and God bless America!

O_o

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Onix Verumi

That's exactly what they would do.

Like some redneck who just keeps wrapping more and more duct tape on a broken thing. Every time some of that duct tape frays or peel just wrap some more on.

Actually fixing the broken thing or even getting on without the broken thing never occurs to them.

Just more duct tape.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So , they tried to be the "big buck" waving "hey look at me see ma shiney deputy badge" and now they cry foul?

Set an example of them for their arrogant attitude.

edit on 28-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Actually the agent was male. I was taken aback by his statement the woman was at fault for getting upset.

"I may not have a job tomorrow."

He doesn't need one with that kind of attitude.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

My cousin works for the TSA in Atlanta..and he is quite the A$$ As well. They have a very high opinion of themselves as well as thinking they are always in the right and can do what they please. Him and i have had many discussions about what is right and wrong about the way they do things..we never agree. lol. hes almost been fired 3 times for harassment. FIRE them all i say. nah..not all of them just pick better people to do the job.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I work right around the corner from there and honestly I can't say I'm surprised. especially if he's a local. Good for the lady for calling the actual police. He should have been arrested for impersonating a cop. TSA agents have ZERO power outside the airports and they only have power inside the airports because we allow it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

How about a park maintenance crew? They can wave the dog # they just scooped up in a threatening manner.

Here is an interesting fact, in Canada, Forestry officials have more powers than the Police. Technically, they are allowed to enter your house at any time (Upon suspicion) to check to see if you have poached meat.

Of course these powers are limited to searching fridges and freezers, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Is TSA private or goverment? I thought search between states in the US was illegal?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I bet he keeps his job.

and next thing you know.
they get the same powers as cops.
they can shoot you!

new topics

top topics

join