It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING NEWS** Maddy McCann possibly found in India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
this girl is from the doctor parents?

in brazil?

holy moly!

i hope it's the little girl.

dam!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yes doctor parents.

Brazil no. India yes

So many false reports before and dead end leads. Would be great if it was her though

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
What has the world come to that Facebook and Twitter are considered outlets of breaking news....

We might as well listen to FoxNews for the latest "news" flashes

Same could be said for this site

But people come here for news

Hows it any different?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Completely agree. Social media can have a major role in reporting events that the MSM wont. Classic example was privacy issues in the UK.

Have checkd the link and no further updates. This isnt even on Sky news yet. They need a good story to break following recent events

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

wasn't she kidnapped in rio?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Very Interesting......

In addition to the DNA tests the other MAIN distinguishing feature was in Madelines Right Eye....

Below the pupil you can see a 'leeching' of the pupil into the iris called a Colobomas....

It is a very rare condition which affects.............0.007% of the population........

This in addition to DNA evidence would be a very strong indicator....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/092b858ba751.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6636c29de15b.jpg[/atsimg]

PDUK
edit on 28-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

just to point out that the second image isn't of the girl they found, but a computer generated image of what Maddy might look like now - created some time ago.

This is explained in the Daily Fail article linked earlier, but yes, if the girl found has the eye thing then it's more likely to be her.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CrastneyJPR because: to add text

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Portugal, whilst her parents left her and 2 siblings alseep in a hotel room and went to a restaurant with friends.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma

Completely agree. Social media can have a major role in reporting events that the MSM wont. Classic example was privacy issues in the UK.

Have checked the link and no further updates. This isnt even on Sky news yet. They need a good story to break following recent events

Its looking like this story could be bs,

The McCanns have had no official contact from police to provide dna, and the police have denied having a child in custody.

Got that off twitter

But who knows?

Maybe they are keeping quiet until results come back?

edit on 28-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mehforfun
i do hope it is her but chances are very slim and if not i know her parents buried the body in a good location.

I know yor joking but it's kind of a nasty, insensitive commet you made there..

Don't lose sight of the fact, you are joking about the disappearance and murder of a child.. Whilst accusing the parents in the process..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
How long does a DNA test take? You'd think they'd snap a couple of photos of her and send to Maddie's parents, just to give them a bit of something. They'd probably know right away then if it's her or not.

If it isn't her then I hope that little girl and her parents haven't been too upset by all this. And I hope the real Maddie is found safe and well one day. Sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Was in Portugal a few weeks ago, near the area she went missing, and there are still missing posters up here and there.
Would be incredible news if confirmed

link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

oh ok, i was working off memory!

thanks for that!

i remember the circumstances forgot the place.

they say they drugged her to make her sleep and it killed her.

i hope it's her they found.
edit on 28-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

link   
Surely the bbc would break this news... especially if other western people are the cause of the find.
Sadly, I believe the parents are responsible through negligence, and decided to cover it up instead of take the punishments.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

what a horrid thought being returned to the parents that knowingly left her unattended and free to be kidnapped raped or other forms of abuse I hope this child is safe and well but fear she is probaly dead

and the parents need locking up they are sick I for one have never left my children unattended and never will unless they have turned of an age where they can fend for themselves the sight of them two makes me sick to the core they where that selfish they could not care less about the childs safety and well being and intentionaly left her unattended

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Its starting to filter to msm now so who knows?

Fingers crossed x

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yeaaah I don't buy it. Some lady was probably all tired and thought she saw Maddy for whatever reason. The people of Leh are quite fair skinned and would stand out from the generic Indian stereotype. There are quite a few foreign tourists that go to Leh to trek and a few even take kids because they're all hippy and want to connect their kids to the Earth. So I'm thinking the lady was just mistaken and the media there just needed a story to play with, then the OP source picked it just to get those 'special interest' readers to buy their papers

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Seems her parents have been informed now and have not been asked for a DNA sample.

news.stv.tv...

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been informed of a possible sighting of their missing daughter in India.

The family have been told a British couple reported seeing a child resembling the youngster, who would now be eight years old, in the town of Leh last week.

Madeleine vanished from an apartment in Portugal in 2007 days before her fourth birthday as she holidayed with her parents, Kate and Glasgow-born Gerry.

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCann family, said they were investigating the sighting but said it was "no more credible" than many other leads they receive.

He told STV News: "Our private investigators have been aware of this report since the weekend and have been trying to establish the truth. Unfortunately there is nothing that leads us to believe that this sighting is any more credible than any of the others we have received over the last four and a bit years.

"Initial reports were very confused - some witnesses said the little girl was about six years old - Madeleine is now eight and would look substantially different from the little girl who was taken. The search for Madeline is very much alive and we will continue to follow up every lead." Mr Mitchell said while the family were "extremely thankful" for all the help received from the public but they had no plans to "get on a plane to India" at this time.

STV News understands the McCann family has not been asked for a DNA sample. Madeleine disappeared from an apartment in Praia da Luz as she slept along with her younger brother and sister. Her parents were nearby at the time having dinner with friends on the complex.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
Yeaaah I don't buy it. Some lady was probably all tired and thought she saw Maddy for whatever reason. The people of Leh are quite fair skinned and would stand out from the generic Indian stereotype. There are quite a few foreign tourists that go to Leh to trek and a few even take kids because they're all hippy and want to connect their kids to the Earth. So I'm thinking the lady was just mistaken and the media there just needed a story to play with, then the OP source picked it just to get those 'special interest' readers to buy their papers

The child was with a Belgium and French couple, were tourists.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick

what a horrid thought being returned to the parents that knowingly left her unattended and free to be kidnapped raped or other forms of abuse I hope this child is safe and well but fear she is probaly dead

and the parents need locking up they are sick I for one have never left my children unattended and never will unless they have turned of an age where they can fend for themselves the sight of them two makes me sick to the core they where that selfish they could not care less about the childs safety and well being and intentionaly left her unattended

I'm sure Mrs & Mr McCann have and will live with that everyday, for the rest of their lives whether they get her back or not .

They made a mistake. Sure, it was irresponsible but we all have done things that are irresponsible too. You know you shouldn't do something, as you've been warned of the dangers, yet you do it anyway because it probably won't happen to you. Where there's a very small, miniscule risk, a 'it won't happen to me' moment, we take that gamble

People on holiday act differently to how they'd act back home and do become even more irresponsible than they usually are.

We are a paranoid society enough as it is. I remember as a kid, we could leave our front door unlocked at night. Now, if someone burgled that house and hurt the kid, the Mother will be blamed for not keeping her child safe. Where the chances of something bad happening to you like that are less than the chances of your house catching fire. So leaving your unlocked may be safer.

I hope it is Maddy, though I fear this is just another false alarm.
If it's not, I can't imagine the feelings that the poor McCann's will go though.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The child was with a Belgium and French couple, were tourists.

Imagine the horror of the parents.. If indeed it is all innocent and is their child..they go on holiday to India, only to have their child taken from them and DNA tests performed on her..

Not making any points.. Just thought of it and thougt I'd put it out there..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join