It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how we can defeat online spying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Many computer programs contain tracking software for tracking the sites we visit etc. Why then; dosent a programmer develop a program for generating random computer addresses so that no one will ever know what website we visited or what video or tune we downloaded.

What is the reason each computer having a unique number anyway?

waddya reckon.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

It's called a proxy. Try Google next time friend.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

do a google search for peerblock, it's open source and free, blocks most sites from doing what you dont want them to do, and for the record most software does not track your browsing, and the ones that do well you agreed to it when you chose to install that program. Also you can check out greasemonkey for firefox and the website userscripts.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Proxys will only mask the ip that sites see connect to it, these are very easy to intercept and find out the real ip address.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

That's why you need 7 lol. Just kind of giving the OP push in the right direction. There's a great many combination of things that should be done to secure anonymity. True anonymity on the net is extremely hard to achieve.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

It's called a proxy. Try Google next time friend.
Actually a proxy doesn't change your IP, it just masks it. The simple answer is that you need an IP assigned by your ISP to properly request content on the web.

edit: but if you want to be anonymous online use a proxy along with a VPN and then browse the web using tor.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
IE9 now allows for tracking protection and i think mozilla does as well.

Many webpages include content from other (third-party) websites. This particular page includes different types of content from 4 different websites: microsoft.com, greendomain.com (in green boxes), reddomain.com (in red boxes), and bluedomain.com (in blue boxes).

When content is loaded from a third-party site, standard information, including your IP address and the address of the webpage you’re viewing is sent to each of the third-parties that have content in the page you’re viewing. If the website you’re visiting has a business relationship with the third party, then more information about you may be sent. By using “cookies” and other techniques, over time, these third-parties can build a profile of your browsing history.

You can filter out content from any website by using Tracking Protection Lists. Tracking Protection Lists are like “Do Not Call” lists for content that has an impact on your privacy

IE9 Tracking Protection

Very similar to ' In-Private browsing, it stops websites from tracking cookies etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Proxies also dont allow for alot of streaming media which sux.

Most consumer users have dynamic IP addresses......

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

That sounds good but I've got XP so I can only use IE8 but I'll keep that in mind thanks.

well a back to the drawing board

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

If you are worried about websites tracking you than use Firefox with these add-ons:

NoScript
Add-Block Plus
Ghostery
BetterPrivacy
TACO

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

There's ways to workaround everything. Good thread though. Even in this short thread, I got some new useful tools. Never even heard of some of these. Thanks everyone that threw in some knowledge.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
problem is if you want to track someone and put in the time you almost always can.. i mean right down to there encoded hardware on there system, they are about 99% of the time traceable.

you can bounce your internet connection after running on a vpn to somewhere else, it makes it difficult for the novice to find you but as i said, you can always be tracked if the person doing the tracking is savvy enough and wants to find you!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
Many computer programs contain tracking software for tracking the sites we visit etc. Why then; dosent a programmer develop a program for generating random computer addresses so that no one will ever know what website we visited or what video or tune we downloaded.

What is the reason each computer having a unique number anyway?

waddya reckon.

Well, for one YOUR IP is not dictated by you. It is dictated TO YOU.

So any application that relies on you supplying an IP is weak. It is where your traffic comes from that shows your IP.

for instance

your ip is X. you talk to Z. In between ABCDEFG all take your packets.. They all know your IP because they would be unable to talk to you without it.

A Proxy.

your ip is Y. you talk to Z. In between GRHDSY all take your packes. Only G knows your IP. Y knows what you said, but not where you are. The management is complicated, but this is a simple representation.

BUT... certain applications, like adobe flash for instance, can talk direct to their server.

A-Z with no hinderance of proxy as they operate outside of the web browser.

So...

More effort has been put into tracking you than not.

I honestly cannot see any application created to encompass every method of protocol on every port to achieve this..

but I could be wrong..

you want to be anon?

VM box, linux distro, no addons, no plugins, and a good secure tor.

edit on 28-7-2011 by klenker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Newbies huh?

(second line)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Absolutely. If someone wants to track you, they absolutely can. Anyone that doubts it can look up Project Carnivore. If you're heading somewhere they can't passively observe your activities, they'll "follow you in" and watch. Fly on the wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its not the government that is being enabled but individuals and perhaps
sociopaths of the anti Tesla cartels or any number net trackers.
The proxy has been touted on ever conspiracy forum for years now.
Guess who runs them, people who want an easy job tracking you.
If you had anything they wanted which is strictly up to them to determine.
ED: You want tracking, try Google Desktop. Even the clicks on your
computer programs are logged in.

edit on 7/28/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Your ISP issues your IP address... always no matter how well you hide you IP at the end that is commiting the Copyright crime... you still must eventually come back through your ISP and that will always be the case....

unless you hack a wirless network with some packet monitoring software and download through there Newtork but even then you need to Mask your MAC address... seems almost pointless to try and hide for TPTB on the internet....if i could find you... they certainley could!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Fill the system with so much junk data..

.. it is rendered useless and untrustworthy to the owners.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Do you know the difference between static and dynamic IP's.......

I guess not

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Do you know the difference between static and dynamic IP's.......

I guess not

Yeah static is well an Ip adress issued to you.. generally not done in the uk unless request (for home services anyway)

Dynamic are issued from pool of IP addresses everytime you router reconects to the service....

not 100% sure what diffrence that makes... you no its not magic right? you know that even though you are collecting from a pool of addresses you are still collecting (being issued) an address from there service? which involves an quthentication of sorts... if its ADSL it with your usnername and password on your router and with DSL its with your mac address?

also if you never turn your router off ever... and there serrvice hasnt went down in a while you dont get your Ip address re-issued.. only when you are reconnecting... in theory on a stable service you can hold the same IP for quite some time.
edit on 29-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join