It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with a Yellow Jacket Infestation in my bushes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
OMG, desperate need of help, I just noticed them today when I raided the bushes with raid. I do not mind bees at all, as long as they stay away from me. But my Bushes, are like saturated with these yellow jackets. The last time, I got a yellow jacket stuck in my shirt, he stung me like 5 times while driving down the road. So I slammed on my brakes in the middle of the road, jumping out like a crazed person, trying to take off my top. That one little punk stung me in the face twice, then 3 times inside my top. I went insane and swelled up like a balloon. Now it looks like there is over 50 of these things flying near my car and now I'm afraid they are planning an attack after I killed the last one.

I really can not go through that again.

Suggestions, Thanks.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here ya go...

Getting rid of yellow jackets....

Looked that up in about 5 seconds for you!

Enjoy...and I hope it is helpful!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Is that a wasp????

Kill them....easiest way to deal with it IMO lol.

Find the nest....and burn it

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I found a hive of the bastards under the roots of an Apple tree stump I was digging up. Threw about a half gallon of gas on them. They never bothered me again.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Normally you can just buy a can of wasp killer at your local store and spray the bushes with it. If you're talking about a nest with 50+ wasps you need to be a bit more careful since it's not likely that you'll get them all at once. Know your limits and call in a professional or find someone who is confident they can take on the project.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
But, I don't want to ruin my bushes. If I burn it my bushes will catch on fire and then my house with this heat wave.

There's also an enormous amount of flies in the same area as the bees. Just confused why they would be hanging around there.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

you might have a dead animal in the bushes. wasps/yellow jackets like to eat raw meat. The flys like to plant there eggs into the raw meat. does it smell there?
edit on 26-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

you might have a dead animal in the bushes. wasps/yellow jackets like to eat raw meat. The flys like to plant there eggs into the raw meat. does it smell there?

Not, that I know of, nothing is there. It's clean. Nothing is even on the porch to attract them. Maybe a dead baby bird is all I can think of. Just never seen so many. I do have a lot baby birds, squirrels, and rabbits hanging around.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think chrysanthemum spray will kill them.

"Pyrethrin dust. Pyrethrins are an extremely effective natural insecticide made from chrysanthemums. Use them in dust form to kill yellow jackets in the same manner described (to the left) for boric acid. Look for brands like Drione and PyGanic."

chrysanthemum spray

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Go to Lowes or your store of choice and get some Seven Dust, be sure to get the powdered version not the spray version. Grab some gloves, a face mask and something for your eyes if you have it. Locate where the hive is, pour seven dust into the location and RUN. Rinse and repeat over 20 minute intervals, the entire hive will be dead in about 90 minutes. You can also dust your bushes with the stuff and they will track it back to the colony killing others in the process, I've removed several groups of these without incident and would recommend it to anyone just be quick to coat the entrance well and do it quickly, removing yourself from the area immediately.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech

Go to Lowes or your store of choice and get some Seven Dust, be sure to get the powdered version not the spray version. Grab some gloves, a face mask and something for your eyes if you have it. Locate where the hive is, pour seven dust into the location and RUN. Rinse and repeat over 20 minute intervals, the entire hive will be dead in about 90 minutes. You can also dust your bushes with the stuff and they will track it back to the colony killing others in the process, I've removed several groups of these without incident and would recommend it to anyone just be quick to coat the entrance well and do it quickly, removing yourself from the area immediately.

I don't know where the hive is though. I am terrified to look because I know, I'm going to have to run for my life when I do.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think the only option is to call a professional exterminator...pony out some dough and let the professionals handle it for you...they are properly equipped and are not scared of bees...so that seems like your only reasonable course at this junction.

If your too scared to get close enough to apply some sort of killing agent...then your going to have to let someone else do it for you...professionals seem to be your only option...unless you can talk some unsuspecting neighbor or friend into doing it for you.

Either way...your going to need someones help...that is painfully obvious!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I put a sugar trap out, hopefully it works.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just went and got some raid and sprayed the bushes down, pretty sure I pissed them off and I ran like heck. My heart is pounding like a mile a minute.

Fell on my bum in the process. Bet all the neighbors are like WTH is she doing. OMG she just fell.
I was running around the whole time so they couldn't catch me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Buy a can of wasp killer. That stuff shoots out 15 - 20 feet and you can keep your distance from the bushes your spraying.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Buy a can of wasp killer. That stuff shoots out 15 - 20 feet and you can keep your distance from the bushes your spraying.

Yeah, that's what I did. Still ran like heck though. I didn't want them targeting in on my position.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First off, wait till dark when they are all in the hives, during the day you end up with upset yellow jackets wandering all over the place if you destroy the nest while they are out.

Your going to need a bomb as opposed to a spray if there is more then one nest, then any that fly out will still get the poison, as oppossed to a string of it from a can.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a little off topic but not really.

About a month ago i came home from a 4 day vacation and found 26 honey bees dead, in my house, all by the windows on the south side of the house. I was tripping out. i thought my house was hunted or something.

Still never found out how they got there

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I found yellow jackets in my kitchen one morning, about 10-15 of them. I was on my way to work and didn't have time to figure out how or why so I attacked the situation when I got home. They were all still around, turns out they had entered the wall by the window and burrowed through it into the kitchen near the window sill. I'm serious, a little Seven dust goes a long long way.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You can use mint oil, which is deadly to wasps, and hot or boiling water combined in a spray bottle. After the sun goes down, approach the nest and spray it down.

verminkill.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join