It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest 20 Teens Leaving a Movie for Curfew Violation 20 Mins before Curfew Starts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Is this some kind of joke? Kids cannot be out after 23oo? in America?

I thought curfew was something only the israelis enforce on the palestinians in this day and age, but apparently not.

edit on 21-7-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

Some of these cops need to be sent back to the police academy and take a course in common sense thinking 101. Arrest and ask questions later is just plain stupidity. Arresting kids in front of a movie theater? At least these kids weren't hanging around in a dark alley or causing trouble on the streets.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
"You have a curfew in America your not free" is easily one of the lamest things I have ever heard on these boards. Bad form peoples... very bad form.

Although I will be the first to admit that the US is slowly turning into a police state, curfew laws are not part of that police state. Curfew laws have been enacted on local levels for decades, though they are not usually heavily enforced. America is also not the only "free country" where these laws have been enacted. For example, there are 2 cities in Denmark, Silkeborg and Slagelse, where they will detain children less than 15 years of age at the police station and inform their parents to take them home from the station if they are found in town between midnight and 5 am. This is a curfew brought about by a local Government.

Under Iceland's Child Protection Act , children aged 12 and under may not be outdoors after 8:00 pm unless accompanied by an adult. Children aged 13 to 16 may not be outdoors after 10:00 pm, unless on their way home from a recognized event organized by a school, sports organization or youth club. During the period 1 May to 1 September, children may be outdoors for two hours longer.

There is no state wide curfew in Oklahoma, so this curfew law came about by the local Government, more than likely a City Council. The real issue here is not the Curfew law, but the fact that police arrested children for breaking curfew prior to them actually breaking the curfew. Chances are this whole thing will be tossed out of court, but make no mistake about it this was done for the purpose of generating revenue. Even if these cases are tossed out of court, parents will still have to pay the court cost. many may just take a guilty plea and pay the fine. It is not a charge that will have any type of effect on future employment and paying the fine in some cases is a whole lot easier than taking time of work, going to court, and going through the whole process.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The fact that they had a "paddy wagon" dispatched tells me the intention of everyone from the shift supervisor to each individual LEO is culpable in premeditated kidnapping and false imprisonment.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh, I can dream...a couple of parents pull out rifles and yell "you are not taking those children anywhere!"...man, that would be sweet.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe it is time to call the Terminator. Enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Is there a single intelligent cop out there? In the past, these threads would pop up once a month, then a few times per month, then maybe once a week, and now we're seeing this crap just about every day. How stupid can cops be?

Isn't a basis for wearing the badge, to use good judgement? Where the hell has judgement gone with these pigs? They appear to have worse judgement than just about any profession out there. Law enforcement has become a joke. Protect and serve? No, let's go round up 20 teenages at 10:40pm outside a movie theater, even if they're with their parents, because we're bored pigies on a power trip, who like to flex our authority.

This isn't just a couple bad apples anymore either. It's a culture, and has quickly become the norm. My level of respect for these cowards can't get any lower.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A simply solution would be Boycott Movie Theaters
until they feel the need to sue city for disrupting commerce, by harassing their customers.
If we boycott the corporations that allow a police state,
they will intervene as it affect's commerce, and their ability to survive.
Call the movement a
Citizens Curfew on Commerce.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
LOLOL

"Curfew"? Seriously?

How do any of you Americans still manage to delude yourselves that you are free, living in the "land of the free"?

Insanity. If you were waiting for the moment to "take your country back" and "defend liberty", you missed it. Long ago.

You need to wake up and realize the gravity of your predicament. You're suffering from boiling frog syndrome.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

absa-freakin-loutely
2d line

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Double post, please delete.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
All of the above.

Just blows my mind that there are places with police enforceable curfews. What the hell?

I couldn't agree more.
Growing up in Germany, a curfew like this was unheard of for me until I visited Philadelphia a few years ago. Just by coincidence I saw a little sign about curfew hours etc. Thinking that this is one of the most pathetic, sad and absolutely outrageous things I had ever seen, I took a picture of it and showed some of my friends back in Minnesota. Well, turns out most of them grew up under such curfew laws as well.

Seriously, what the hell?
edit on 21-7-2011 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
All purchases support the police state, we all went out and bought I pods pads what ever, then they had enough profit to research and give cops one to use against us.
So I just wanted to thank you all for supporting the Police State by purchasing.

Dozens of police departments nationwide are gearing up to use a tech company’s already controversial iris- and facial-scanning device that slides over an iPhone and helps identify a person or track criminal suspects. The so-called “biometric” technology, which seems to take a page from TV shows like “MI-5″ or “CSI,” could improve speed and accuracy in some routine police work in the field.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

They were taken to a place called Crisis Intervention Center. Evidently its a holding facility for those under 18 and its run by non-profit that contracts with the city and state.

I'm wondering if it really is non profit or does it offer a kick back to cops for the numbers of kids corralled there overnight.... especially since the parents had to wait till the next morning to get their kids. I'm smelling a $ deal going down in the winds for someone somewhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by donkeystyle
About a year ago i had a "nightmare" , me and my mom had moved to the USA in my nightmare. We were stuck in los angeles.

It was literally a nightmare and i woke up panicking. Things like this don't make my view of america any better.

USA is the new nazi state. It's just taking a while to come to light.

What a bunch of crap. You are using this one incident to justify a profound Bigotry which is in all ways the equivalent of being a Racist. Like I said, what a load. You may as well join the Nazi Party or the KKK if you're not already a member now.

Let me guess, you have never been here and all you know about us you got from other bigots on the Internet? Correct?
edit on 7/21/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

One incident?
One incident per day on these boards. There's a lot of people that will never come to the US again or even for the first time since the US has gone Homeland Security bonkers. The place operates like a paranoid school yard bully to foreigners and as well as its own citizens these days.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Where I'm at in the United States, you get stopped by the police for walking at night no matter how old you look.

I remember once when I was a teenager, I was walking at about midnight with a couple of friends. We walked past a strip mall and across the street into a neighborhood. We were pulled over for being out after curfew. They interrogated us asking what we were doing by the strip mall, and then they began to question if we had broken into or vandalized anything! This was just speculative profiling. 6 police cars showed up and took our id's. They made us stand there for almost an hour. When they finally let us go they warned us "If we find any stores broken into or anything vandalized we're coming to find you."

Go bust meth labs and catch criminals you f**kheads. This is suppose to be the "land of the free," not nazi America.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ysoc3.publishpath.com... es/ysoc3/Images/YSOC%20Board%20of%20Trustees%20with%20Photos%202011(2).pdf

That's a link to the board that runs the Crisis Intervention Center.

Youth Services for Oklahoma County Trustees and Staff managing to balance our budget (cut just under $200,000 by the State budget crisis) while maintaining the same level of services in all our programs

ysoc3.publishpath.com... 2010-AnnualRpt.pdf

I added the bolding.

Think that might have anything to do with it?

Along with some nice statistics to show the results of the cuts, and the need to restore the budget?
edit on 21-7-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
When I was 16, I hated the curfew law. Now that I'm more mature, I realize that 95% of kids out past midnight aren't up to anything good. In the ideal world, sure it'd be great if there didn't have to be a curfew, but this is the real world. Any kids out past midnight, who aren't at a movie or other event like that, are doing stuff that they shouldn't be doing.
There are a lot of people who shouldn't be cops that are. You need to blame the individuals in this case, not the system.

Actually, in this case it was before midnight. Around 10:40pm (20 till 11) and the kids were getting out of a movie. Most seem to have been either with their parents or waiting for their parents to come pick them up. I'm guessing it took more than one cop to round up 20 kids and stick them a "paddy wagon".

So, even if it was just one cop that got the hair brained idea that this was the "thing to do" - there had to be others that agreed or at least went along with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Due to 50 consecutive days of over 90 degree weather and little or no rain, a state of emergency has been issued for all of Oklahoma and this is what vital law enforcement resources are being used for? How about using Police Officers in some humane capacity, such as going around and finding out how the baked Okie residents are doing?

There must be a few heat related emergencies which can use the help of a trained first responder. You know...rumor has it, the older ones do not fare very well in such oppressive heat. Instead, screw the old people and let's just go after some harmless teenagers exiting a movie theatre. Prime example what transpires when your offiicals lose the human touch.

By the way, is everyone in Oklahoma doing their daily duty and praying for rain? Hey, maybe that's why they want all the kids home by 11:00 PM.

edit on 21-7-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I had a curfew growing up. It was just one of those things... my Dad was a relaxed father and at 16 as long as he knew where I was he didn't mind me going out for coffee at Country Kitchen with friends. I used to walk around woth friends and got stopped once or twice by police asking what we were doing... but that was it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

The fact that they had a "paddy wagon" dispatched tells me the intention of everyone from the shift supervisor to each individual LEO is culpable in premeditated kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Very good point. I hope one of those parents is an "ambulance chasing lawyer" who happens to read this thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join