It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 deaths tied to U.S. heat wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The dangerous heat wave blamed for as many as 13 deaths spread into the eastern United States on Wednesday, extending its reach across nearly half the U.S. population, officials said.

About 141 million people in a 1 million-square-mile area were under heat advisories and warnings, Justin Kenney, spokesman for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, tweeted.

The National Weather Service said "temperatures in the mid-90s will be possible across the mid-Atlantic states today. High temperatures will near 100 degrees tomorrow across much of the mid-Atlantic and parts of the Southeast. These triple-digit temperatures are forecast to remain in place across the eastern U.S. through Saturday before cooling off slightly to the mid-90s by Sunday."

Mod Note: Starting An Introduction Thread – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 7/20/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

While it is unclear how many deaths will ultimately be blamed on the heat, the National Weather Service said 13 fatalities were "potentially related to the heat wave in the Midwest."

Do I need a 2nd line?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I haven't been outdoors for the past 3 days due to
the heat and humidity. Its going to be even worse
tomorrow, 101 F degrees plus humidity. Anyone
out in this heat take extreme care to cool off in an
ac from time to time and drink lots of liquids. I
have had heat exhaustion before and its not a good
thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by light2012

This is huge! Weather is changing folks! Times are changing! Scary..........Stay hydrated!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

It isnt changing, this is typical.. this is what we call summer time...........
2nd line because i cant think of anything else to state..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
and this is the type of heat we deal with all the time here on the west coast -_-
you east coast people must have too much cold weather.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by indisgust

it was 114 in Nebraska last week. I am from Texas, and thats HOT. It was only 111 here...
And this is one of the hottest summers I can remember - Ever. Ad that to the bizarre fact that it has snowed in Fort Worth for the last two Februaries ( hasnt snowed hard here since 1977) and I would say, yes, the weather is a changin'

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, according to some people, poor people should not be allowed to have air conditioning so I guess you could think it could be worse, if all those poor people had their AC taken away.

I would LOVE for some of the asses in that thread to come live in Las Vegas with no AC, teach them a lesson or three. I'd bet they couldn't hack it and it hasn't even gotten hot yet here.

Stay cool, my friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by light2012
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The dangerous heat wave blamed for as many as 13 deaths spread into the eastern United States on Wednesday, extending its reach across nearly half the U.S. population, officials said.

About 141 million people in a 1 million-square-mile area were under heat advisories and warnings, Justin Kenney, spokesman for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, tweeted.

The National Weather Service said "temperatures in the mid-90s will be possible across the mid-Atlantic states today. High temperatures will near 100 degrees tomorrow across much of the mid-Atlantic and parts of the Southeast. These triple-digit temperatures are forecast to remain in place across the eastern U.S. through Saturday before cooling off slightly to the mid-90s by Sunday."

Mod Note: Starting An Introduction Thread – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 7/20/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags.

Even though this is sad, it isn't note worthy.

www.cdc.gov...

top topics

join