It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark, sinister and dramatic: The disturbing TV ads to combat human trafficking... made by U.S. Gove

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Dark, sinister and dramatic: The disturbing TV ads to combat human trafficking... made by U.S. Government

www.dailymail.co.uk

They could be trailers for a horror movie.

But actually these dark, dramatic adverts, with their undertones of sexual abuse and exploitation, were created by the U.S. Government to combat human trafficking.

The Department of Homeland Security has kicked off campaign 'No Te Enganes' - 'Don't Be Fooled' in Mexico and Central America to warn people about the dangers of trying to get to the U.S. illegally.

But this week the department will also air similar spots in Florida, Georgia and Wash
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Whaoooooooooo
What the hell?????????????

SCROLL DOWN ON SOURCE PAGE FOR VIDEOS

Human trafficking IS a real problem no doubt
I really thought "WTFFFFFFFFFF" when I saw this

Now i'm thinking still... "WTFFF" but also well...
Hmmm.... maybe the message will be conveyed and what they are describing DOES happen

So i'm kind of on the fence on this
Or maybe not
No this is not right, I think the same message could have been conveyed without the fright and horror, could it not?

Thoughts ATS?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My thoughts?

Human trafficking isn't really a crime that is beatable.
Its like the war on drugs.. if there is demand then there is supply.

Adverts like this aren't really going to do a lot.

If someone lives in squaller and they get offered a too good to be true change of scenery then they are either going to take that offer or not. Common sense and responsibility is the key here not some snuff advert.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Whoa I'll admit, these adverts are send the message loud and clear but damn, not sure if this is the best way of doing it. Most poeple would just switch the channel and turn a blind eye to it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ever hear of MK-ULTRA ? If not google it, it's programming to brainwash mostly females to do bidding. The caged girl was a direct reference. There is no human trafficking, only human trafficking we have is the CIA/governments selling people like cattle, makes me f' ing sick!

Where do you think some of the missing people go in the world ?
edit on 20-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

There is no human trafficking, only human trafficking we have is the CIA/governments selling people like cattle

I don't doubt that a portion of TPTB participate in various forms of human trafficking, but I know for a fact that it is not just the government doing it. I'm not hear to preach, but that was a pretty bold statement. Human trafficking is very real, and it has no boundaries. Hope I did not come off rude there, but I had to respond to that portion of your post. Take care.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Ever hear of MK-ULTRA ? If not google it, it's programming to brainwash mostly females to do bidding. The caged girl was a direct reference. There is no human trafficking, only human trafficking we have is the CIA/governments selling people like cattle, makes me f' ing sick!

Where do you think some of the missing people go in the world ?
edit on 20-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

No there are plenty of organizations besides the CIA and govt. that traffic in humans.
Mostly 3rd world crime syndicates but It's widespread and worldwide; even in America.

gvnet.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

we CAN fight it
We can't end it 100%, that will never happen

But ending NAFTA and stopping the CIA from dumping drugs and arming cartels is definately a start

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademiaNo this is not right, I think the same message could have been conveyed without the fright and horror, could it not?

Thoughts ATS?

This is a horrible thing; I have seen plenty of it in my military career in operations around the world.
Sometimes we have even had to work with "with" people who did this sort of thing because they had something that met our current goals - be it information, a position of influence or could accomplish some local or regional goal that suited us.

I had to draw the line there for reasons of employment - not my call so to speak. Unsavory but necessary.

I had a former Spetznaz operator try to sell me a 12 year old girl in Sudan in the late 1980s. Guess how much a life there is worth? About 300-500 dollars. I also saw an American diplomat in Djibouti with a teen girl of questionable age as a “maid”. 30 days on PSD we never once saw her clean anything in the compound but she sure dressed provocatively. Granted we never actually saw him do anything unsavory either – but I think that’s because we were there.

I did have a lot of influence over my operators as a team leader and I did control my operators. I forbade them to visit the "special drink bars" and such while we were overseas on missions because that's where a lot of these little girls end up.

Even in the US a lot of people think the girls dancing for them are all there willingly...sadly many are not. They are not working their way through college, they are not here on a romantic quest to experience America.

They are hostages. They were brought here under false pretense, then threatened with harming their families if they don't comply.

I personally think if this fear will get the message through that these men who will help you "get to America" will do just that; however, they will take everything you have in cash up front - then rape you to break you, then put you out for hire to strangers for the same thing. When you are too old for their needs any longer they will make you a mule for them or just kill you as it suits their needs.

ETA:

Originally posted by whaaaNo there are plenty of organizations besides the CIA and govt. that traffic in humans.
Mostly 3rd world crime syndicates but It's widespread and worldwide; even in America.

Sorry, I have been to many places and seen a lot of unsavory activities by both American and allied operators but I have never seen or heard of us operating human trafficing rings. Do you have any links or proof that the CIA and the American gov't does so? Not an attack just a question.
edit on 20/7/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

OP, sorry if my previous post was somewhat off topic. I took a look at the images in your link and they certainly are disturbing. I know that many people will say that these ads are bad and are not the proper way to address this issue. I personally think if these type of ads open up at least one set of eyes and somehow motivates someone to do something about human smuggling then the commercial served it's purpose and was worth it. I must say it is somewhat ironic for the US government to sponsor an ad that denounces human smuggling. I just hope that somehow someway these ads manage to help someone who is affected by this horrible crime of human smuggling.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

these kind of remind me of those meth commercials that they put out...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Human trafficking is a despicable practice. These videos don't even come close to what actually goes on. These PEOPLE are being treated worse than big business treats animals. Crammed into unsanitary rooms with no bathrooms, no showers etc(except the ones used as prostitutes). Beaten and or raped daily beyond our "torture techniques" because every one of them is expendable. They are only valued as a body, not even a monetary amount. The money comes in no matter which body is provided.

This problem is world wide. I have read reports of Mexico, Russian territories, the United States, Africa, heck I am not even going to try and list them. Take for just a moment the torture styles, the bamboo under the fingernails or just pulling them out, the ritualistic female circumcision, the unsanitary and non medical removal of body parts that are not needed for the job they are used for, including organs, etc., etc., etc..

The Human race is sick, demented, and unforgiving. Unfortunately, in many cases for the little stuff and things like Human trafficking are forgotten about or ignored. I would not be surprised if more money was spent on finding abuse of animals than fighting this problem. Then you have the Government giving pardons to the "small fish" to get the "big fish" so the "small fish" can move up. I think the threat of incarceration is no longer feared. Maybe we should evaluate our idea of human rights of the violators in cases like this. What ever happened to "Do what thy wilt, but HARM NONE"?

However,

This problem has gone on for hundreds of thousands of years and It is NOW being brought to light.
Why?
Why now?
Better late then never?
Is it just another play at the loss of privacy because of the abuse of it?
Is it a redirection of eyesight for something else?
Is it to cause fear of travel to places they are advertising in?
Is it to make people think twice about running to Mexico to avoid the NWO?
Is it a final ploy to get people to love not war to avoid having to declare Martial Law?
Is it to slide the people back to the "AWESOME GOVERNMENT" mentality because they are attacking this issue in time for the next elections?
Is it to grow mistrust of "Private People" within society putting neighbor against neighbor?
Is it being used as just another reason for the RFID chip?
Or,
are they finally, really trying to attack this issue?
If so, why just commercials?, when these parts of the world are lucky to have a roof, plumbing, and electricity much less a T.V.?
Wouldn't a larger, better funded, global task force as well as governmental responsibility, make more sense?

Edit to add: Why is it the CIA is always blamed for everything? Do you really think they are involved with the Russian Mafias? Do you really think that the CIA is absolutely nothing but a "Black Flag fraternity" and their only purpose is to create reasons for the NWO? I just don't see it. Some, maybe, others, yes, but everything?
edit on 20-7-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by whaaaNo there are plenty of organizations besides the CIA and govt. that traffic in humans.

Sorry, I have been to many places and seen a lot of unsavory activities by both American and allied operators but I have never seen or heard of us operating human trafficing rings. Do you have any links or proof that the CIA and the American gov't does so? Not an attack just a question.
edit on 20/7/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

You don't see rendition flights, kidnapping and moving suspected terrorist to countries that specialize in torture as a type of human trafficking. Political trafficking of humans rather than for profit or slavery.

www.expose-the-war-profiteers.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
With all the ongoing stuff ups in politics these days it is good to finally see something positive come out of the system. This is huge issue and only by confronting it is there any chance to put an end to it.

reply to post by Golf66

Do you have any links or proof that the CIA and the American gov't does so?

I don't know if you have heard about the Monarch Project www.abovetopsecret.com... , but the claims are fully terrifying and beyond disturbing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Here's a case you might find interesting involving govt. involvement in human trafficking.

Don't be so naive.

www.rense.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-7-2011 by whaaa because: add stuff

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Wouldn't a larger, better funded, global task force as well as governmental responsibility, make more sense?

Absolutely. I have come across a few reports over the years from different cases closed because some high profile people where involved. This is a global issue and no matter how many tips come in, without the resources and capability to confront it, it will remain business as usual.

There has been improved cohesion globally in confronting child paedophilia over the years, but still has some room for improvement. I am not sure what resources are going in to manage this, but it will need to be substantial to make an impact.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaaYou don't see rendition flights, kidnapping and moving suspected terrorist to countries that specialize in torture as a type of human trafficking. Political trafficking of humans rather than for profit or slavery.

You cannot possibly be equating the moving of terrorists from one detention center to another and us using foreign intelligence services to outsource the interrogation of terrorists and thugs with the exploitation of young women in the drug and slave trade?
Terrorists and persons of intelligence value/interest are not innocent teens. Met many of them – they are the scum of the earth and reap what they sow. Just because we can’t use enhanced methods doesn’t mean we can’t turn them over to someone who can. Now who is being naïve?
Don’t like it change the rules – I liked it much better when we could be in control of interrogations but the liberal-tards took that option off the table. Trust me..it works.

Originally posted by whaaaHere's a case you might find interesting involving govt. involvement in human trafficking.
Don't be so naive.
www.rense.com...

You called me naive? Seriously...

Do you have something other than a conspiracy theory? A government slave inventory or a witness – some video of victims etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Do you have something other than a conspiracy theory? A government slave inventory or a witness – some video of victims etc.

Sounds like the old number 8 and 14

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
My thoughts?

Its like the war on drugs.. if there is demand then there is supply.

Adverts like this aren't really going to do a lot.

If someone lives in squaller and they get offered a too good to be true change of scenery then they are either going to take that offer or not. Common sense and responsibility is the key here not some snuff advert.

So are you saying we should legalize kidnapping and human trafficking?

That seems to be everyone's answer to the War on Drugs.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
the second video kinda reminds me of the pink floyd another brick in the wall videos. Kinda creepy, yet I could also see it as a video trying to keep the Mexican people from coming here by making it sound like the land of the free is the land of monsters. NIce deterrent to that mexican dream.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join