It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If humans didnt wear clothing till tree of knowledge, then why do ET/Aliens if they do?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We cover ourselves up because we don't want to see each others poo stains and yub nubs.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
We cover ourselves up because we don't want to see each others poo stains and yub nubs.

And then run for the beach to see itsy bitsy bikinis, gawk at nudist farms, hide in garages looking at nekkid pictures and 80% of internet traffic is looking at nekkid pictures

Silly Lemmings

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Or scared old folks are living longer now.
Most people will find religion before they die, they've just got a lot longer to do it now. This coming from someone with a parent that was a "cold and tough" atheist for 43 years, and then a devout christian after being told he had HIV. Nothing makes you religious like knowing you're about to die!

Also keep in mind that older people are more likely to be bored and devote the time to such a survey, where as an atheist by nature would throw it away and mutter "who the hell cares".
edit on 21-7-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You point to a group of statues as evidence of the clothing of the time? What does the statue of liberty wear? What were the people that built her wearing? What do other artistic forms show today as far as clothing is concerned? Are we all dressed up like Madonna?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Were ET/Aliens taught to cover themselves and well by who?

Yes, and they were thought by nature, same as everybody else. Remove nature from the equation or find ways around nature, then clothes are not necessary.

Clothes are for the lower lifeforms.

All higher lifeforms/entities go naked, unless necessary, or they fell like it, depends on the circumstances I guess.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
You point to a group of statues as evidence of the clothing of the time?

As a quick example, yes... you only need look at the artwork of the day to see it. Surely you are smart enough for that

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Humans wear clothing because we have intellect that is beyond other life on this planet. How,why,what,where we got it is up for debate. But, we wear it because we see a need in order to better our relationship with the planet. Not in such a way as to coexist but to dominate. We wear shoes because we want to show that we do not need to adapt...we just overcome. We use umbrellas for the same reason. Simple concept really and, it probably goes back to the beginning. Humanity has always been unforgiving and dominate. Never compare us to primates. It makes them look bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I read an article not long ago that said the Catholic Church called out the gay community and outright blamed them for the decline of their power.

Prove that religion is on the rise. I don't think it is, nor will it ever be. In fact it's becoming extinct as more individuals are accepting the logic of evolution.

I ask one question about something because a statement is contrary what I have heard in the news that religion is on the rise. That wasn't me saying you are wrong that was me asking where you got your information from?

As for wanting me to prove it's on the rise, it's just what I here on the news and from my family members who are religious. I'm personally an Athiest now and never was much a strong believer in the first place. I happen to love relegious discussion but I'm not the type of Athiest that knocks down relegion in fact in a few instances I have gone as far as to defend it because I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe so long as they dont condem others for differing beliefs.

I'm an athiest who does not believe that evolution is the end all be all of are existence at this point and time simply because it does have it's flaws same with the big bang theory and all other theories of the sort. So being asked to prove religion is on the rise why? I just wanted infromation from you on it's decline?

The reason for asking is I have asked for proof on it's rise before and never got any conclusive evidence either way. Simply put the the four major catigories of relegion world wide Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism claim anywhere from 68.38% – 90.73% of the worlds population. Leaving a 10%-30% of a gap for all other religions and athiests. Now the big relgions have tendancy to inflat there numbers plus churchs like the Chatholic's still count some athiest among there numbers like we who pays dues to the knights of columbus so I can keep the life insurance polocy my parents have on me. Because there numbers are cheated and skewed there is no true way to prove if they are in decline or on the rise.

From my findings athiest are about 2.3 percent of the world population even though uch like the churchs of the world I have also seen this number inflatted.

Where I got the relgion world numbers from.
en.wikipedia.org...

Where I got the athiest numbers from
en.wikipedia.org...

So in conclusion I just asked where you got your info from out of general curosity and interest not to spark a debate so my appologies for that.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You can blame religion for that, just because those bits are used to bump uglys, omg, like its dangling and everything !

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

May have, possibly, are not facts. There is no proof that I've seen for their existence. In that there are life with a soul. There are plenty of species on earth we haven't discovered. Perhaps it's the same for the universe.

reply to post by zorgon

Well I know about the old paintings and I have seen the video's of the orbs flying above earth.
But I just see them as being another form of life, not like us. Don't forget the devil & his angels can appear as something that they're not. I believed in e.t strongly in my teens. I was very open to it but now I'm not.
There are thing's I can't explain but because I don't know the fact, I can't put a label on it. I had an unusual experience but because I don't know what it meant I can't say what it was. Basically I had drawn a formation of circles varying in size when I was around 17,18 and listening to Art Bell that evening I heard there was a new crop circle in England. When I saw the picture it looked exactly as my drawing. Surprised me!

I will check out the book you mentioned.
edit on 22-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would like to add to this thread, about the possibility of sea faring ET's. A race that lives on a planet mostly covered by water. They would probably be naked all there lives, as same as the day they were born.

Maybe even some intelligent sea races, could have sprouted wings; like flying fish here on Earth; to take to the skies.

Or... maybe they can morph like a cuddle fish, only more so; sprouting legs, hands and feet to achieve the completion of complex tasks.

The cuddle fish, is the closest creature that we can compare too ET's

Cheers,

Erno86

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
There is no archeological proof that any of the other sub species of humans had ever worn clothing. We determine this by a few simple examinations.

Well there is the Iceman... his clothing and tools show that a lot of our theories of mankind are wrong. The fact he had a bronze axe put the bronze age further into the past

Iceman's death, approximately the 4th millennium B.C Pretty interesting story actually. His stuff was advanced enough one might almost imagine a time traveler trapped in ancient times

LINK
edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: Stupid ATS link bug

Ice man is not s SUB SPECIES. Ice Man is a modern human, NOT a pre-human. Pre-humans= Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis, H.Erectus, H. Habilis, and the various forms of australopithicines which bridge the gap between H.Habilis to H..Erectus.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
Well I know about the old paintings and I have seen the video's of the orbs flying above earth.
But I just see them as being another form of life, not like us.

"another form of live, not like us" = Alien

Don't forget the devil & his angels can appear as something that they're not.

Sounds like shape shifting Aliens to me

I believed in e.t strongly in my teens. I was very open to it but now I'm not.

So now you believe in Angels and Devils instead.. all beings not of this Earth... in other words ET's

There are thing's I can't explain but because I don't know the fact, I can't put a label on it. I had an unusual experience but because I don't know what it meant I can't say what it was. Basically I had drawn a formation of circles varying in size when I was around 17,18 and listening to Art Bell that evening I heard there was a new crop circle in England. When I saw the picture it looked exactly as my drawing. Surprised me!

Seems you received the Alien message then.. just not the translation

Confusing isn't it?

edit on 22-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Precisely. And the corollary to that is, of course: "There are many untruths". And that's the problem with humanity in general.

There is one saving factor... Built into our consciousness we have the ability to recognize truth... unfortunately only a very small percentage exercise this. We know instinctively that killing another human is wrong, yet we find ways to justify it to ourselves.

I see around the posts at ATS how many are sure that 2012 will bring ascension... they all think they are ready for it

Children... one must humor them

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

That's the whole point. It's been through the hands of so many men it's likely not even close to the original. Anyone pointing to anything contained in that book as fact is silly. They've been trying to prove that anything written in it is fact for a long time and they can't prove anything. Yet anthropologists have managed to prove the theory of evolution even though the bible is a much younger item. I wonder why that is?

They cant prove anything? Really? You have never read the Bible nor studied archeaology then, which is my profession. They've already proved the existence if Jesus over and over again. DO i need to hold your face in front of the evidence? They've proved King Herod existed, and that he did in fact have the first born in judea executed under the age of 3, They've proved John the Baptist existed, they found his cave where he started baptizing.Found the ancient cities of Nineva and Migda.

To say that the theory of evolution has been proved is incorrect. That is all still speculation, because no one now was alive back then to see what happened. If no one was there to witness it, its speculation (and this could apply to the Bible, until archeologists started proving some of it did happen). Some stories in the Bible may have changed from one people to another because before the Hebrews invented the first alphabet, 22 letters and also where we derive our language from, they passed down oral traditions the way all ancient peoples did because there was no writing.The Bible originally started from Moses, who on Mt. Sinai was told the story of our Creation down to everything that had happened until the Exodus. Now keep in mind God uses metaphors to help early peoples gain some inkling of an idea of what time is like for God, how a thousand years is like a day to him (and truthfully longer than that because early peoples had no concept of billions of years). But the first stories about the creation actually started before Moses' time, way back when sumeria was still around (Enoch was sumerian, from the city or Ur, whom Enoch...until Elijah, had been the only man God took to heaven without him having to die first. These oral triditions were started because something so powerful and extraordinary happened that these men wanted it remembered and passed down through the generations for all time. These traditions are not the tall tales we all heard as a kid about Paul Bunyan or John Henry, they were kept clean of embellishments because God hates all liars, and to pollute his truth they feared would incur is wrath.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
They cant prove anything? Really? You have never read the Bible nor studied archeaology then, which is my profession.

Ah archaeologist... that explains a lot actually

They've already proved the existence if Jesus over and over again.

I don't deny Jesus existed, he was after all a Rosicrucian Master...

DO i need to hold your face in front of the evidence? They've proved King Herod existed, and that he did in fact have the first born in judea executed under the age of 3, They've proved John the Baptist existed, they found his cave where he started baptizing.Found the ancient cities of Nineva and Migda.

So yeah... we have proof of the people of the time period, but that is not really the issue. Extrapolating that into proof of the various versions of god is another matter. You obviously support one book's version... what makes Islam wrong then?

Did you get into archaeology to prove your version? I know many who have... they tend to overlook artifacts that don't fit their pet hypothesis

To say that the theory of evolution has been proved is incorrect. That is all still speculation, because no one now was alive back then to see what happened.

I agree Evolution is full of holes and missing links... but we can show it on a small scale still taking place today

If no one was there to witness it, its speculation (and this could apply to the Bible, until archeologists started proving some of it did happen).

Well SOME of evolution can also be proved, yet you dismiss it.

Some stories in the Bible may have changed from one people to another because before the Hebrews invented the first alphabet, 22 letters and also where we derive our language from, they passed down oral traditions the way all ancient peoples did because there was no writing.The Bible originally started from Moses, who on Mt. Sinai was told the story of our Creation down to everything that had happened until the Exodus. Now keep in mind God uses metaphors to help early peoples gain some inkling of an idea of what time is like for God, how a thousand years is like a day to him (and truthfully longer than that because early peoples had no concept of billions of years). But the first stories about the creation actually started before Moses' time, way back when sumeria was still around (Enoch was sumerian, from the city or Ur, whom Enoch...until Elijah, had been the only man God took to heaven without him having to die first. These oral triditions were started because something so powerful and extraordinary happened that these men wanted it remembered and passed down through the generations for all time. These traditions are not the tall tales we all heard as a kid about Paul Bunyan or John Henry, they were kept clean of embellishments because God hates all liars, and to pollute his truth they feared would incur is wrath.

Well as you say... stories... with some basis in fact
But that can be said about all the myths of our past... stories based on some facts, interpreted by those who experienced them as best as they were able, then passed on to future generations to translate and understand.

If I say "that is a hot car" what do I mean?

Well if you live in the Nevada desert that car will be 140 degrees inside... very hot indeed
If a policeman says it, it is likely a stolen vehicle...
If a California beach bum says it, it likely means a very cool car...

And now if your getting any cars from Japan... it might be radioactive

Point is without the context of the day, a single word can easily be mistaken. And there is no way that word of mouth and repeated translations by people on a mission have not tainted the words. If that was not the case, we would not see so many splinter groups of the same three religions that all worship the same god

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I got into archeology because i love studying ancient history, because with each artifact i handle im given an insight into the person who crafted it or owned it, a connection to our forbears, how they lived, how they died and maybe how they cared for their loved ones. Biblical archeology is not my forte, although i do share some beliefs with them. Do i believe in evolution? It's possible, no man can know the mind of God. Perhaps when God began to create man from the soil, perhaps that was the primordial ooze in which the first amino acids began to merge. Everything we know, He knows more, we are just beginning to scratch the very most outter layers of his knowledge, and the more we think we know the more we find we knew nothing to begin with. Who knows how long the first man and woman lived before they fell from grace? With beings whose bodies were made to live eternal, they could have very well lived for eons, because until they fell their bodies were not dying, so the carbon decay in their bodies would not have begun until they began to die. Perhaps the first couple entered into time around the time Neanderthals roamed Europe, perhaps these were the peoples from the land of Nod where Kain went and took a wife?

I love a good mystery, but as ive found on excavations, sometimes you end up with more questions than you have answers for, or end up with more questions than you started with and little answers garnered on the interim. I've seen things that defy human explanation. Do i believe in Jesus Christ? Yes i do. I haven been attacked by what paranormal investigators call demonic entities, been picked up and had the life choked from me and thrown a dozen feet into a wall when there was nothing physically there touching me and nothing i could see with my eyes. You don't know the meaning of the word fear, until something you cant even see or touch, but that can touch and hurt you does so.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

They cant prove anything? Really? You have never read the Bible nor studied archeaology then, which is my profession. They've already proved the existence if Jesus over and over again.

Wrong they have never proven Jesus existed (techincally he his name would have been Yeshua in hebrew.). In fact there are several different scholarly views on his life. Different arguements on where he was actually buried and were he was born. Also a big one is on when he was born and when he actually died time frame wise.

Also just to note the Name Yeshua was pretty common at the time when Jesus suposedly existed. Another is there was a Jewish religious movement going on through time frames for his given for his life. In this time frame there where many people claiming to be highly relegious figures even more then a few claiming to be the son of god.

So techincally the only proof they have is he could have existed not that he in fact did.

To quote those scholars who reject the view that Jesus was a real person: "The views of scholars who entirely reject Jesus’ historicity are based on a suggested lack of eyewitnesses, a lack of direct archaeological evidence, lack of any known written references to Jesus during his lifetime, the scarcity and questionable veracity of non-Christian reference to him in the 1st century, and perceived parallels between the biography of Jesus and those of Greek, Egyptian, and other gods, especially those figuring in myths about dying and rising deities"

They've proved King Herod existed, and that he did in fact have the first born in judea executed under the age of 3, They've proved John the Baptist existed, they found his cave where he started baptizing.Found the ancient cities of Nineva and Migda.

Indeed King Herod existed they found that how because there was direct archeological evidence (his tomb for one), there where other accounts of him besides the bible. He has proven existence because of his tomb being found and the fact that he is mentioned in other historical documents outside of the bible where Jesus does not. Also other then the killing of two of his sons and one of his wives there is no proof outside of the bible that he order the death of male children under the age of three. In documents that describe him outside the bible he was not very nice guy but like stated there is no evidence outside of the bible to support he order the death of males under the age of three.

John the Baptist did exist again they found his tomb (burial place) and several other writings outside the bible that mentioned him. There are some minor flaws in the bibical account of his life dealing with his death. Because it claims Herod had him killed even though Herod was already dead time frame wise by about 40 years. However this can be over looked because Harod's successor one of his Son's was Herod Antipas. Although directly refered to as Antipas as being one of Harod's sons in the bible most scholars agree the Herod that had John excuted was Antipas not his father Harod the Great. Most scholar's agree he was excuted because Antipas feared a rebellion since John had many followers which differs from the bibical acount that says he was excuted for marring one of Antipas's wive's to Antipas's brother.

Nineva (Nineveh for the correct spelling.) is an Assyrian ancient city. Assyrians where cultural groups to come out of the Sumer culture that predated them. To make short point most of the cities named in the bible have never come into question most again historical documents and archaeological proof outside of the bible to legitimize them. I could not find information on Migda perhaps it is spelled wrong.

Also Nineveh is mentioned in the old testiment in Genesis. The Old testiment has been known to riddled historical facts from an oral tradition. Meaning like a fish tale they get to be skewed on the size and scale over time. For instance would be the story of Noah wich seems to go back an old sumer historical event of big flood however in there version it was just a big flood it did not cover the whole world and kill everyone but noah and his family.

To say that the theory of evolution has been proved is incorrect.

I totally agree with that statement. Yet on the same token to say Jesus existed is also incorrect when it has only been shown he could have have existed with no hard proof outside of the bible.

That is all still speculation, because no one now was alive back then to see what happened. If no one was there to witness it, its speculation (and this could apply to the Bible, until archeologists started proving some of it did happen).

True but the same goes for Jesus there are no known eyewitness accounts to his life and trials. Mathew, Mark, luke, john where all after Jesus's time. Sual's preaching the having the closest time frame to Jesus but still after, describes Jesus as more of Metaphorical being then a real physical living person also he never describe the early life of Jesus just the end of it. The life of Jesus is all speculation it does not mean it didn't happen just means as of yet there is no proof. Same goes for evolution there are holes and as of yet no proof has been found to fill them. It's again not saying there isn't proof out there it just hasn't been found yet.

Some stories in the Bible may have changed from one people to another because before the Hebrews invented the first alphabet, 22 letters and also where we derive our language from, they passed down oral traditions the way all ancient peoples did because there was no writing.

Wrong the egyptions had the first alphabet consisting of 22 letters and a 23rd added latter. Dating to around 2700 BCE the Hebrew alphabet dated around 1850 BCE. The difference in the two is the egyption alphabet was created to transcribe foriegn names and for logogram (aka ideograms) where as the Hebrew was used there alphabet in script. Even though newer finds have discovered that some areas of egypt did use the epytion alphabet for script but it was not wide spread as it was in hebrew culture.

The Bible originally started from Moses, who on Mt. Sinai was told the story of our Creation down to everything that had happened until the Exodus. Now keep in mind God uses metaphors to help early peoples gain some inkling of an idea of what time is like for God, how a thousand years is like a day to him (and truthfully longer than that because early peoples had no concept of billions of years).

The first five books are said to be from Moses in both the bible, torah, and Qur'an. The Qur'an goes into just a little more detail about mosses then the Bible and Torah do. The Qur'an unlike the bible and Torah do not name the pharoah of egypt though. Also Scholars also agree that slavery mentioned in the Exodus is actually describing the oppresive rule egypt had over the Canaan. Most scholars also state that Exodus has a historical core but is often times dramatizes making it seem more like a single event rather then the gradual process of migration that i more then liekly actually was.

But the first stories about the creation actually started before Moses' time, way back when sumeria was still around (Enoch was sumerian, from the city or Ur, whom Enoch...until Elijah, had been the only man God took to heaven without him having to die first. These oral triditions were started because something so powerful and extraordinary happened that these men wanted it remembered and passed down through the generations for all time. These traditions are not the tall tales we all heard as a kid about Paul Bunyan or John Henry, they were kept clean of embellishments because God hates all liars, and to pollute his truth they feared would incur is wrath.

Um the old testiment has proven time and time again to be an over exageration of historical truth. Stories and things that happened becomeing bigger fish tales over time until they where writen down. So it was embellished not kept pure as you say. Example would be Exodus it has history at it's core but the way it is stated in writing is an over exageration of what happened. Exodus as a book makes it seem like it all happened all at once when it is proven Historically to been a gradual process of Migration. If Exodus where take literally word for word it would not fit into the right frame of time. Also if it where taken literally the enslavement of the Iserilites does not fit and there is no proof of that where as the occupation of Canaan at the time is a proven fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
clothing is just a perfect example of why humans are disgusting. the reason in my opinion aliens or E.Ts don't care or focus on clothing because their skin id imagine is not damaged by weather. Also a main reason which brings me to my statement about humans being disgusting is aliens don't focus on the clothing because they are a single race they don't judge on appearance. humans wear clothing to fit in to hide secrets or to express personality rather then just living naked and we accept our true appearance for what it is. to some hard to handle at first but would eventually lead to acceptance and more peaceful earth. you wouldn't be able to tell if someone is poor or rich and other examples, therefor people would tend to be more social. for us humans although we may need clothing to protect our selves from certain danger. if only certain groups of humans didn't get so selfish and made these crazy lifestyles focusing on fashion and clothing rather then trying to find ways to create something to completely protect our skin from weather conditions and other natural causes such as more powerful moisturizer or uv block cream. or perhaps a pill with all the vitamins and other bacteria or other substance it may require to protect us.. we just may have had a chance. unfortunately i feel with all the problems political and environmental it far to late for change.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join