It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

If humans didnt wear clothing till tree of knowledge, then why do ET/Aliens if they do?

page: 1
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is a important question about the universe, if you feel others exist besides humans. Simple answers if you can produce them.

Were ET/Aliens taught to cover themselves and well by who?
Were they taught by humanities teacher or another who thinks simular and what does that even mean?
edit on 7/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


Lets pretend like the forbidden fruit story is just a story and lets think about the problem logically. If you have hands and the ability to create clothing then you probably have the intelligence to know that you can get sunburned and you can step on sharp objects. If you have the tools to create what you need and there is a need to satisfy then you can assume that you will satisfy that need. If aliens wear clothes we can assume that it is for the same reason we create protective clothing and boots.

On a side note, I often think about what life would be like if clothes would have never been invented or made mainstream. Would people randomly have sex? Would there be less obesity and less STDs? I imagine that if we did not wear clothes, our nether regions would get more sunlight and air which would reduce STD infections. Also, since everyone can see your naked body you would be compelled to improve your physical appearance.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Seems to me from the ct alien stuff online, the more an alien race is a mass mind collective or a "higher" Dimensional being the less clothes.

The more a race is composed of individuals the more clothing.

Just my opinion,



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo
 


Yes but originally you had hair cover for weather and hair shed for weather? MAN didnt know he was naked till taught. So my point is was ET/ALIEN taugh like MAN and if so then what does this mean.

Thanks



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
im pretty sure since the inception of man he has tried to cover his dong so animals dont bite it and so he doesnt scrape it on things.

cavewomen had to wear undies of some sort to keep there menstration from attracting sabertooths and raptors



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor
 


LOGICAL, so you feel it is more related to the dimensional location and awarness of the beings. Makes lots of sense, that if the collective of the species is well collective then me and everyone else have understanding of our appearances. As opposed to everyone feeling seperate and needing to hide themselves.
thanks



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000
 


I see so you relate it to just the environment location and then the need to adjust.
thanks



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


Well, all the ETs I've met have been nekid. Oh wait... that was France.

Why would they cover themselves up? Same reason we do. Though, it's a very human trait to cover ourselves up the way we currently do... and even then it is still mainly for protection against elements. Different cultures wear clothing for different reasons. Decency is modern. In my opinion it wasn't a divine being saying "cover up because you shouldn't see each other's sex organs".... I think we wear clothes for pure protection. Why do we wear shoes? Why do we wear underwear? Why do women wear bras? (yes... some of that is evolved... but it all started somewhere). If you look at the video back from the 80s posted on ATS too about the aboriginals who met the white man for the first time (and any Discovery Channel document) - they hardly wear any clothes. So - I think aliens would clothe themselves for the exact reason we do. Protection from the elements. When humans became "civilized", clothes became a fashion statement and stuck. But would you go out into the wilderness completely alone and just hike around completely naked? No. That wouldn't bode well for your health.
edit on 20-7-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Simple answers if you can produce them.



My simple answer is that the story about magical trees and talking snakes is not actually true.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ
 


Ok so unaware apes of current they adapt w/ no clothing or shoes to the same weathers as humans living around them. See what I mean?

thanks for your input

edit on 7/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by BIGPoJo
 


Yes but originally you had hair cover for weather and hair shed for weather? MAN didnt know he was naked till taught. So my point is was ET/ALIEN taugh like MAN and if so then what does this mean.

Thanks


Yes we did not know naked until taught but we did know that we wanted shelter from rain and snow and that walking barefooted sucks. We built shelter to live in but it had a side effect. Sheltering ourselves caused our bodies to adapt to that lifestyle which reduced our need for protective hair. We continue adapt even to this day but our bodies still have protective coverings that are no longer needed. Excessive skin sheath on penis much like an animal (see circumcision), excessive webbing between fingers and toes, and excessive body fat. I think we will eventually lose the need for body fat as energy storage and may start to see our excess skin flaps recede too. We are certainly less hairy than our ancestors.

I think we taught ourselves that we were naked and shamed to help control the growing population. Imagine if we were naked, there would be people having random sex everywhere consenting or not!



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by CeeRZ
 


Ok so unaware apes of current they adapt w/ no clothing or shoes to the same weathers as humans living around them. See what I mean?

thanks for your input

edit on 7/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)


Yeah, but humans see a problem with nature and monkeys do not. Monkeys are content living with nature and man was not. The reason we have houses and clothes is because we see a problem with nature, that nature is not perfect so we protect ourselves from it.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


Clothing is like any other invention---god did not have to reveal to us we where slow for cars to be made.
If alien's are physically and mentally similar to us, then I am sure they would have clothing in some sense---maybe not for looks, but usability. They may not have high-heels, but back-packs are damn useful.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Simple answers if you can produce them.



My simple answer is that the story about magical trees and talking snakes is not actually true.


Ok to help bio/spiritual injection/enhancement of foreign tech bio/spiritual into natives. And foreigns

Covers the majic and snakes you speak.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I do not believe in that story, but if I had to suggest an answer it would be a combination of a lot of others above me.

But my main answer would be:

The aliens that I have seen portrayed in movies, and the accounts I've heard and seen sketched on paper - they all tend to look alike. I don't see any features that could tell one another apart. Humans have different hair colours, types, and lengths, different skin tones, eye colours, heights, weights, etc., so if we didn't wear clothing we would still be able to distinguish one another from everyone else. My quick answer is that maybe they do not have anything that could distinguish them from another, so clothing would help make it easier?

I took a stab at it.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalControl
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


Clothing is like any other invention---god did not have to reveal to us we where slow for cars to be made.
If alien's are physically and mentally similar to us, then I am sure they would have clothing in some sense---maybe not for looks, but usability. They may not have high-heels, but back-packs are damn useful.



We can all assume that aliens have backs and they have stuff they need to haul around. I can almost guarantee that the concept of a backpack is universal.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


But chimps have hair and even they take cover in heavy rain. the most isolated tribe cover up there midriff. no one taught us we are beings. And I can only assume even some
Alien species do


Edit: just think about it. Do you think aliens came over here in there ships that travel faster then light. Only to see us in clothes and go oh # why didnt we think of that?
edit on 20-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
First, the bible stories are fictional.

Second, there was no white bearded guy up in a cloud commanding clothing to be worn down to two humans in a magical garden who were made from dirt and ribs, with a talking snake among them.



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm glad humans wear clothes to be honest, i don't really want to see other people's giblets swinging in the wind.....*shivers*

Who really knows about how aliens think about clothing, i doubt they think they way we do so who really knows for sure



posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Yes we did not know naked until taught but we did know that we wanted shelter from rain and snow and that walking barefooted sucks.

another sign why did humanity do this and no other earth inhabitants most if not all just adapt and move or genetically modify their bodies. but humanity took further steps this is another indication that something was taught.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
We built shelter to live in but it had a side effect. Sheltering ourselves caused our bodies to adapt to that lifestyle which reduced our need for protective hair. We continue adapt even to this day but our bodies still have protective coverings that are no longer needed. Excessive skin sheath on penis much like an animal (see circumcision), excessive webbing between fingers and toes, and excessive body fat. I think we will eventually lose the need for body fat as energy storage and may start to see our excess skin flaps recede too. We are certainly less hairy than our ancestors.

I can see your point with that but why only humans felt need to hunt another animal for coverings ect. Natural 3d bodies were fit for EARTH.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
I think we taught ourselves that we were naked and shamed to help control the growing population. Imagine if we were naked, there would be people having random sex everywhere consenting or not!


I dont know about that because the sexual desire has been ramped up to the level it is today. Animals may enjoy sex but in the end its only for reproduction of their species. Humans naked may have been just that like gorillas or chimpz.

So again back to OP if humanity was taught then were other cosmic species taught as well?



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join