It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shh! There's a Secret CIA Prison in Somalia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Form what I gather, the CIA just pays off prison people in many small countries just to use the facilities. There is really no need for a prison that is owned by the CIA, the inmates just belong to them, not the governments where they are. They lease and bribe, never using the same prison twice.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by akumataker

What exactly are you trying to say here?
Do you have anything to add to the thread

Any intelligent comment that is?
edit on 20-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
well since we are talking about the cia and black site i guess people just seem to forget that "black sites" have existed since vietnam.

i love how people still blame bush for them yep yep its all his fault.

obama can lie and his puppet at the cia can lie too doesnt really matter its all bushs fault.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So the mercenaries in libya? somalians?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by ateuprto

My thinking is that the more people we can expose to the REALITY that lies behind humanity's problems and conflicts, the more people will stop with the "U.S. is evil," "UK is evil," etc etc etc. The nationalistic talk serves its purpose in masking the fact that ALL CIVILIZED AND ADVANCED NATIONS ARE IN CAHOOTS in the neoliberal doctrine of the present.

I agree 100%.

It's good to hear someone say these things who has served for a decade. And thanks for serving!

I also think that there is no need for "secret prisons" ..... it is just inviting corruption and the most immoral acts Humans can do to one another if these prisons exist.

It's started already. The paradigm shifting movement is in motion
edit on 20-7-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by ateuprto

My thinking is that the more people we can expose to the REALITY that lies behind humanity's problems and conflicts, the more people will stop with the "U.S. is evil," "UK is evil," etc etc etc. The nationalistic talk serves its purpose in masking the fact that ALL CIVILIZED AND ADVANCED NATIONS ARE IN CAHOOTS in the neoliberal doctrine of the present.

I agree 100%.

It's good to hear someone say these things who has served for a decade. And thanks for serving!

I also think that there is no need for "secret prisons" ..... it is just inviting corruption and the most immoral acts Humans can do to one another if these prisons exist.

exactly, if they had nothing to hide then why is it secret? just another cost to the american tax payer for the global control of america.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm just really happy there are people like Jeremy Scahil out there doing real investigative journalism. I remember when people would not give Jeremy Scahil the time of day when he was talking about Black Water, took quite a while for people to give him a chance. I think Bill Maher was the first one to have him on for a serious discussion.

The major news sources will never truly cover this stuff, only put it on to raise ratings for the week. The masses get bored very easily so they will start talking about a new sex scandal or something.

People are turning a blind eye to the policies the Obama presidency has initiated. The left will save us all!! That is what people seem to think. It just further solidifies that this president is proof that democracy is dead in this country.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Openeye because:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey guys. I just wanted to give credit to Jeremy Scahill, he is the journalist that originally broke this story for The Nation (a magazine). His article is pretty long but any other source talking about this are getting their info from him or his article. You can find the original article here:

www.thenation.com...

This is a great article and I can't recommend it highly enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Foreign hackers caught by the CIA now have a hotel.
Where they can really be anonymous.

Poetic justice.
edit on 20-7-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
wow truly scary. we need to enforce the actual laws of this country and make damn sure any public employees that break those laws are prosocuted no matter where they occured period. this whole nonsense of torturing people over international waters or hiding crimes in foriegn countries is illegal.

the government should have to follow the laws of this country especialy the highest law our constitution and no amount of print finer than the eye can see or legallize b.s. can over rule it.

just think there are currently those in this government that believe its ok to fly any of us over international waters and torture us "to prevent terrorism" now combine that with what if conspiracy theories are correct.= very Fing scary.

shouldnt all governments follow thier own laws no matter what? if not why should we?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Bit of famine being delcared in Somalia now too. Terrible shame. They have had a terrible drought there and a lot of people are starving and now dying. Shame.

Of course it has nothing to do with this:

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

www.c4ads.org...

www.usatoday.com...

funny how a famine has now been declared and aid and donations are being requested from the whole world. to help an area where there are 2 secret CIA camps probably running the country.
edit on 21-7-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, not really. The first US project involving secret prisons was initiated in 1948 and led to the opening of a secret prison in the Panama Canal Zone in 1950 (project Artichoke). On the other hand, I haven't seen anyone in this thread mention Bush before you did.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think it is just sick.
The western forces claiming they spread "democracy" in dictatorship countries while using these same countries to torture and imprison people without a fair trail etc.

It just doesnt stop to amaze me how these things get justified in the name of peace and democracy.
By the laws of most western countries that are involved in this, all responsible should be brought in front of a international criminal court.
But hey, the international criminal court is at the moment in the hands of the western countries that cause this world wide tyrany.

It all quite looks like this world war 2 gestapo stuff that in learned in school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join