It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shh! There's a Secret CIA Prison in Somalia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

www.thenewamerican.com

With President Barack Obama having issued an executive order banning secret Central Intelligence Agency prisons and then-CIA Director Leon Panetta having stated that “CIA no longer operates detention facilities or black sites

the CIA is using “a secret prison buried in the basement of Somalia’s National Security Agency (NSA) headquarters

the underground prison consists of a long corridor lined with filthy small cells infested with bedbugs and mosquitoes.... The former prisoners described t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

This is pretty damning
Actually it's VERY Nazi-Like!

Please watch the video, this is just simply horrible!
More people need to know about this, especially those that are still in support for Obama thinking he is oh so different and so much more noble than his predecessor.

This sounds like a Nazi-Camp, and they are paid in cash so there's no paper trail
I wonder how many other places on the planet have this type of structure as well.

www.thenewamerican.com

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually it's VERY Nazi-Like! Please watch the video, this is just simply horrible! More people need to know about this, especially those that are still in support for Obama thinking he is oh so different and so much more noble than his predecessor. This sounds like a Nazi-Camp, and they are paid in cash so there's no paper trail I wonder how many other places on the planet have this type of structure as well.

Sadly, this is probably just one of the many many secret prisons that exist under US control.

The Criminal Intelligence Agency will lie to your face until you accept it as truth.

Also, IMO ....after WW2 our Military was infested with Nazi Ideals and the Nazi's themselves.....

America is the "Fourth Reich" ....a lot of us just don't realize this yet.

annnnd ....the San Diego Naval Base shaped like a swastika is no accident!! lol

edit on 20-7-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I think I read somewhere that the US bombed a part of Somalia in a drone attack looking for terrorists.
And that the US was planning on starting a conflict with Somalia along with Libya, Yemen etc.

I guess the question is whats so important about Somalia or should we assume that the CIA has a number of these prison in multiple countries around the globe.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This should have more posts.

Sadly, the majority of visitors to this site are either

- delusional and religious.

- delusional with UFO bull#, to the point of defending the UFO hogwash with religious zealotry.

If ever anyone wanted to deny ignorance, this thread should be bumped by every single member.

Listen to what the journalist is saying; "they were fighting in the conference rooms because of this story".

WAKE UP. Just because it is Somalia does not mean the people are less. If you do not speak up about this these prisons WILL find their way to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by soundofathousandbirds

From the sounds of it, this is not a permanent installation. It's likely that the CIA picks up and squats down in whatever hot-spot they feel they need to. Pirates/terrorists in Somalia? Open up shop. Insurgents/terrorists/freedom fighters in Iraq/Afghanistan, open up shop. Not to mention that all of the European nations whose populace thinks they are so much more civilized than the United States all offer facilities and accept the CIA with open arms.

People don't realize its not about Nazis or Religion. It's about neoliberal doctrine that has been accepted by most major players on a global scale. Those smaller countries that don't openly accept their fate as "workshops," willing to let their environment and populace be exploited are now labeled the enemy. It's been going on since post-WWII. If you live in ANY country with basic amenities and a "Western" approach to politics and the economy then you have no room to complain about the world. EVERY European nation is in this bunch. China is now in this bunch. Russia converted to be in this bunch. It's everywhere, and the poor, destitute nations with a rebellious and armed populace are the new breed of terrorist. What the hell do you think happened in South and Central America in the 70's through to the 90's? It's the new game and you either play ball or prepare to defend yourselves and/or starve to death.

I have no sympathy for the "leaders" of any of these nations either. They are the ones who see the profits from the exploitation of their own populace. That's why you see educated and intelligent individuals being shot up by local police and military in many of these countries. The educated KNOW the game and are opposed to it. They spread that knowledge to their peers until some NCO or Private is ordered to put a bullet in their head.

edit on 20-7-2011 by ateuprto because: grammar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thats what happens when the preivious administration comited war crimes and no one was brought to justice, things were bound to go down hill from there. The USA is the most evil country in the history, the death toll it has brought on the world dwarfes anything the nazis could have dreamed of.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I now am beginning to understand why they had to give Obama the nobel peace prize at the start of his term.

It makes perfect sense now.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I star your post because you make good points!

BUT..... UFO Hogwash???

I defend that sometimes because some of it is NOT hogwash...

Anyways.... back to the topic at hand!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

The USA is the most evil country in the history, the death toll it has brought on the world dwarfes anything the nazis could have dreamed of.

I would be interested to know which countries you feel are not evil by these standards. Read my above post, its a global game with multinational players. Simply placing the blame on the U.S. is laughable. Try placing the blame on all of Europe, the United States of America, Russia, China and quite a few others to boot then you might be getting somewhere. You think that because a nation doesn't have an F-15 dropping ordinance at any given time that its hands are clean?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Your post is a pretty good description of how it is.

But I am curious.

Are you for these types of prisons.... and you think they are necessary?

It's a complicated world and the "Kill or be Killed" attitude is a little ruthless....

But at the same time the "New Age Love" attitude doesn't get sh*% done....

So what do we do?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Be carefull not to offend peoples almost zeleous political belief system hey!?

This must be more cost effective than those flying prisons and torture planes huh?

Just remember

We are ALL hypocrites!

Because we sanction this evil with our vote!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

That question you pose is the one that plagues all of humanity. Simply put, there is no simple answer to this. As we are all aware, the world operates in shades of grey, never in a crisp black and white. With regards to "secret" prisons, I am wholly against them. Even IF the intentions are benevolent (they rarely are with the CIA), it is these types of facilities that lead to further erosion of justice and morality. So in direct relation to the OP, screw the CIA, I served for a little over a decade and I hate their ass.

The ONLY thing that will lead to peace and stability on a global scale, in my humble opinion, is the radical change in the way we operate as a species. I haven't given up hope on this (redistribution/elimination of wealth, morality, etc), but it is a long, hard and steep hill to get to it.

My thinking is that the more people we can expose to the REALITY that lies behind humanity's problems and conflicts, the more people will stop with the "U.S. is evil," "UK is evil," etc etc etc. The nationalistic talk serves its purpose in masking the fact that ALL CIVILIZED AND ADVANCED NATIONS ARE IN CAHOOTS in the neoliberal doctrine of the present.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

My thinking is that the more people we can expose to the REALITY that lies behind humanity's problems and conflicts, the more people will stop with the "U.S. is evil," "UK is evil," etc etc etc. The nationalistic talk serves its purpose in masking the fact that ALL CIVILIZED AND ADVANCED NATIONS ARE IN CAHOOTS in the neoliberal doctrine of the present.

I agree 100%.

It's good to hear someone say these things who has served for a decade. And thanks for serving!

I also think that there is no need for "secret prisons" ..... it is just inviting corruption and the most immoral acts Humans can do to one another if these prisons exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
From the sounds of it, this is not a permanent installation.

It's Always a permanent installation

Once a greedy body is in control they will never want to let it go

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have to agree with you but also with modern academia. I think that these instalations may pop up as 'temporary' but end up becoming part of the landscape.

I think its harsh to say that the US is the most evil country in the world (Im nearly sure the populace arent THAT evil!) but the government and politicians and acronym agencies to me, are another insidious story.

Honestly I wouldnt put anything past them.

The idea that the US could potentially have numerous prisons like this hidden throughout the world underscores the need for change in government in the US but also in the mindset of people in Europe and everywhere else to educate themselves and make this kind of thing common knowledge in the hope of forcing change.....

Phew...need a rest after that!

But then you have the likes of Guantanamo which is hidden in plain sight. How do we put the sword in our hands?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I know my responses tend to lean on the general commentary side, but your Avatar is speaking volumes right now to me...sad and broken we are...

CJ
edit on 20-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How do we put the sword in our hands?

Good question. One non-violent way I can think of is.... that we need more people like Jeremy Scahill (the reporter in the OPs video)

He is one of those few percent of reporters that is doing the right thing. We should keep an eye on him and his reporting.

Pat Buchanan once again succeeded at bugging the hell out of me in his 30 second banter during that clip.

edit on 20-7-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.thenewamerican.com

With President Barack Obama having issued an executive order banning secret Central Intelligence Agency prisons and then-CIA Director Leon Panetta having stated that “CIA no longer operates detention facilities or black sites

the CIA is using “a secret prison buried in the basement of Somalia’s National Security Agency (NSA) headquarters

the underground prison consists of a long corridor lined with filthy small cells infested with bedbugs and mosquitoes.... The former prisoners described t

new topics

<<   2 >>

join