It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Documents Cast Doubt on Federal Anthrax Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Im somewhat surprised that this hasn't been posted yet, at least that I can find anyway. Stories that get big hype in the beginning then just fade away only to come back again later with a different twist.Another case of FBI fail?

A snip from the story:

WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department has called into question a key pillar of the FBI's case against Bruce Ivins, the Army scientist accused of mailing the anthrax-laced letters that killed five people and terrorized Congress a decade ago.

Shortly after Ivins committed suicide in 2008, federal investigators announced that they had identified him as the mass murderer who sent the letters to members of Congress and the media. The case was circumstantial, with federal officials arguing that the scientist had the means, motive and opportunity to make the deadly powder at a U.S. Army research facility at Fort Detrick, in Frederick, Md.

On July 15, however, Justice Department lawyers acknowledged in court papers that the sealed area in Ivins' lab -- the so-called hot suite -- did not contain the equipment needed to turn liquid anthrax into the refined powder that floated through congressional buildings and post offices in the fall of 2001. Read more: www.pbs.org...

I suggest reading the whole story to see just how short they seem to have fallen in their proof against Ivins. Granted the man committed suicide, but that is by no means a sign of guilt to the accusations against him.

Plus this has to leave one wondering, if he didn't do it, then who did, and did he really commit suicide or did he die some other way, or with let's say a little convenient help?

FULL Story here
edit on 19-7-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

IF... he actually did it, then how possible would it be for the powder to be carried into the country by diplomatic pouch?

That the FBI says he did it, especially after:
1. "Finding" a dollar store bandana at Shanksville and pointing it to the ME (instead of to Manufactured by the millions in China for $Dollarama, the very same kind my dog wore around his neck! ),
2. "Finding" a passport that supposedly fell out of the Twin Towers, (and linked to one of the living hijackers? -a story that no one believed after five minutes) the only artifact that survived that horror.
How far could they push their credibility?

In the Bush Cheney height of their rule of lies, deception and evil, too bad the FBI lost its way. Maybe that scientist committed suicide to stop whatever stress he was put under. Perhaps he was coerced into doing something? I for one, know for certain that such a scenario is possible.

Perhaps he could not stand the strain of taking the heat for something that was not his idea to begin with? Perhaps he believed it was for an enemy, only later to discover it was used on his fellow countrymen. Wouldn't that be a helluva thing to wake up to as well?

But then again, maybe he was fully innocent and falsely accused. So much for transparency.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I agree with you. Seems pretty convenient to me that he killed himself. Well we caught the bad guy but his guilt caused him to kill himself, Case closed.

I mean really, this was a big deal back when it was happening. Everyone was freaking out about the anthrax scare and how odd it pops up right after 911, then just as quickly disappears into the history books without much notice.

I think so many people have been so focused on the towers and pentagon that this just slipped through the cracks. I think if as much effort and study had been put into this as well, there might be a whole new can of worms uncovered. I can't help but think there have been some sitting in the background going Pheww we got away with that one at least.... Now maybe that won't be so, or maybe it will if this thread is any indication. Time will tell as per usual.
The good news is at least this much has leaked out anyway. Personally I think there is a lot more to it and I think our government has their dirty little hands involved in this as well, but that is MHO.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Antrax scaree had to be part of the 9/11 cover up i think.
This poor schmuck is just a patsy they thought they could run out for the rap.
But they are getting so effing arrogant they are making huge mistakes.
Or is it the quality of the material they have to work with?
I sometimes wonder if the elita hasnt F*&^d itself by refusing to intermingle its genes with us common stock.
The result is they have the power but fail to realise how stupid and crazy they have deteriorated to.
Now we are getting all these half assed false flag ops that are trtansparaent as glass.
And their excuses dont come near close enough to cover the reality .

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yes I think they forget some of us are still literate and haven't died off yet! I wonder why the folks that see a conspiracy under every rock, didnt delve into this as much as the rest of 911. It really is all the same time frame basically. Or did they just fall for the we got the bad guy and forget about it?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Well to me the purpose of 9/11 was to dive bomb us all into a culture of fear. The anthrax bit was icing on the cake to make good and sure we were darn well unable to sleep at night, a reinforcement of the new fear pill, if you will. Anyone looking objectively at the timing of the events just has to link them to the same sources.
edit on 19-7-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Don't anyone get their hopes up that Frontline will have a story like the BCCI scandal again, I'm sure this one will be another "coulda, mighta, shoulda" documentary in the recent tip toeing style of PBS "investigations".
There was so much wrong with the FBI at that time - they had several of the hijackers under surveillance but somehow the operation went off without any interference, despite repeated attempts by personnel at both the Phoenix and Milwaukee stations to alert authorities. In overview it would on the surface appear that the FBI was more interested in watching the attacks happen than stopping them.
So it was with the Anthrax letters. it appeared to be misdirection and a cover-up from the start. The most critical evidence of all was the Anthrax strains record at the Ames Iowa lab, which was subsequently destroyed in the name of "security". It was also the only way of positively identifying the exact strain of Anthrax to uncover it's source of origin.
Still, the particular Anthrax strain used in the attacks was unique in that it was coated with silica - indicating a strain available only at Fort Detrick Maryland.
There were several goose chases, much like the Atlanta Olympics bomber from a few years back where innocent people were put under suspicion giving time for the real culprit to leave or cover their tracks.
Don't forget that Bush and Cheney were both taking Cipro starting on 9/11, indicating they knew the attacks were coming. It was also rather odd that a reporter for a Florida based tabloid would be targeted when he was publishing stories of the substance-binging Bush twins.
The FBI took control of all the attack sites on 9/11, claiming jurisdiction. A pattern of evidence removal and tampering runs through both these and the Anthrax attacks, leaving me with the conclusion that the FBI was directly involved in both operations.
And we thought the CIA was bad

edit on 19-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for spelling errors

top topics

join