It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Ceiling: Why Not Cut Off The Welfare Checks Too?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It appears Obama is not bluffing when he says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks and military checks will go out on August 3.

Of course he's not bluffing, he's got a birthday bash to pay for!

What a surprise.

We all know how much Obama loathes the military, except for a brief period when they captured Osama and ended up getting a small bump in the popularity polls as a result.
But of course both his mini poll bump and appreciation for the military were short lived, so now that he no longer has any use for them, it's time to throw them under the bus and cut off their checks.

As for seniors, he hates them too, and cutting off their checks only confirms that he truly embraces the Death Panel concept that his followers scoffed at just a few short years ago.

But wait, here's thought.

If Obama is truly worried about the lack of money in the coffers,
why not cut off the welfare checks too?

Makes sense to me.
Why just pick on the majority of the folks that truly deserve to receive their checks?

Maybe he is afraid of potential nation-wide, flash mob robberies occuring all over America.

NAH!
He wouldn't even dare of cutting off welfare checks because, ahem, he dare not upset his last remaining base of loyal faithfuls.

It's all about the vote, baby!

What do y'all think?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Obama has illustrated how petty he actually is by making such allegation. If he were to actuall follow through, I assure you that it'd backfire. With congress enjoying every benefit, White House staff enjoying every benefit, czars enjoying every benefit, . . . . .
You get the point.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You cant cut of welfare benefits … didn’t you hear, it would be a violation of their civil rights and affront to human dignity.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It appears Obama is not bluffing when he says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks and military checks will go out on August 3.

Of course he's not bluffing, he's got a birthday bash to pay for!

What a surprise.

We all know how much Obama loathes the military, except for a brief period when they captured Osama and ended up getting a small bump in the popularity polls as a result.
But of course both his mini poll bump and appreciation for the military were short lived, so now that he no longer has any use for them, it's time to throw them under the bus and cut off their checks.

As for seniors, he hates them too, and cutting off their checks only confirms that he truly embraces the Death Panel concept that his followers scoffed at just a few short years ago.

But wait, here's thought.

If Obama is truly worried about the lack of money in the coffers,
why not cut off the welfare checks too?

Makes sense to me.
Why just pick on the majority of the folks that truly deserve to receive their checks?

Maybe he is afraid of potential nation-wide, flash mob robberies occuring all over America.

NAH!
He wouldn't even dare of cutting off welfare checks because, ahem, he dare not upset his last remaining base of loyal faithfuls.

What do y'all think?

I think your entire post reeks of racism and opinionated bias.

link   
The short answer is this: Welfare is paid by the states where Social Security is paid by the Feds. The Feds contribute to welfare, of course, but it is through the third party of the states. So there's not a direct line that can be stopped with a simple order for welfare checks.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about welfare and unemployment. My husband was looking to hire someone for $12 an hour for a 40 hour work week. No less than five people he told about it (all out of work for over a year) said that they had a few weeks left on their unemployment and might consider it then. He lost interest in them after that reply. Two more said maybe they would do it while collecting if he would pay off the books. He will not.
He and I were both stunned that people would just sit there and suck off of the system, even though the edge of the cliff is drawing near, and turn down actual paying work.
I am less concerned about saving these programs than I was a month ago after this experience.
There are people who need it though. It's the abuses that have to be gotten rid of.
How many of you know at least two people who have a kid together, live in the same home, and because they are unmarried the girl is getting government benefits?
I know more than two and I don't consider my circle of aquaintances to be particularly "low". This practice is increasing and it is wrong. That's the kind of waste that should be eliminated.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I truly believe that Obama would follow through; No matter what the cost. I keep hearing Democrats say, "He is just using scare tactics" but I really truly don't think so. These Elites are as soulless, icecold and spiritually corrupt as it gets, and most people with active amygdala areas CANNOT BELIEVE it. How soon we forget. Those above videos are just a mere ---taste--- of the shtf to come, and Obama knows it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Obama wont care about votes when we default on our debt and hyperinflation occurs because our fractional reserve banking system makes government debt unavoidable. Nothing a republican or democrat can do besides delay the inevitable.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Objectivity

i dont know where you live, but in my city, 90% of all the welfare recipients are uneducated folk who breed like rabbits to keep their free money.

i for one am sick of my tax money going to these people and to make bombs. time to spend some of that money on the working class.
edit on 19-7-2011 by BlesUTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

-snip-

Ok, forget about the post then,

but what about the title?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

NAH!

What do y'all think?

I honestly doubt that those on welfare would turn out in droves to vote for him again because they are the very ones he has screwed over the most. They were the ones that expected to be yanked out of poverty and magically placed into well-paying high profile jobs. Right after the election I remember watching over and over again poverty-stricken kids thanking Obama for making it possible for them to become doctors, lawyers, scientists, astronauts, etc. They thought the possibilities were endless. Yet they've gotten none of these things, all they get is more of the same- handouts. Obama has written a zillion checks to the lower class that he can't cover, he has crushed their hopes and dreams. If he can't deliver them, who can? A white Republican? They're bound to be very disillusioned. The rest of us of course knew he'd never deliver on those crazy promises, but they didn't know that.

It's almost like his entire term has been engineered to make us lose confidence in the government, the president and our country as a whole. I've never been big on NWO conspiracy theories, but this administration is like a perfect storm of bad decisions. Either it's all engineered to crush our government and soften us up for the NWO, or these are the stupidest, most worthless bunch of nimrods we've ever voted into office.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
I have mixed feelings about welfare and unemployment. My husband was looking to hire someone for $12 an hour for a 40 hour work week. No less than five people he told about it (all out of work for over a year) said that they had a few weeks left on their unemployment and might consider it then. He lost interest in them after that reply. Two more said maybe they would do it while collecting if he would pay off the books. He will not.
He and I were both stunned that people would just sit there and suck off of the system, even though the edge of the cliff is drawing near, and turn down actual paying work.
I am less concerned about saving these programs than I was a month ago after this experience.
There are people who need it though. It's the abuses that have to be gotten rid of.
How many of you know at least two people who have a kid together, live in the same home, and because they are unmarried the girl is getting government benefits?
I know more than two and I don't consider my circle of aquaintances to be particularly "low". This practice is increasing and it is wrong. That's the kind of waste that should be eliminated.

Simple to answer. How long would the job last? What kind of job? If your husband decided he didn't like them and fired them , then they would be in worse shape. Consider that and stop using tunnel vision to put people down for only considering whats in their best interests.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think the last group he should worry about are the welfare recipients. If he should be afraid of anyone, I'd reckon it's the senior citizens. I think he underestimates the backbone and gumption of that group...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

Originally posted by Alxandro-snip-

Ok, forget about the post then,
but what about the title?

Well, if indeed he has nothing to do with welfare payments beyond state/federal transfer funds, then I would say that the title is bogus. May as well say "Why not bring industry back to this continent?" or "Why not eliminate off-shore tax havens for American corporations?" or "Why not halt the subsidisation of oil companies that are already making enormous profits"?

Why not do something positive instead of re-fighting the last election?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

$30,000 a ticket to attend Obama's birthday bash and he can't even remember the day he was born ha ha ha.

There is not a doubt in my mind that he has seniors in his cross hairs. He'll cut them with S.S and he will cut them deep if Obamacare ever gets into full swing.

He won't touch the welfare checks because that represents his voter base. Most of whom are still waiting for their "obama dollars"

Mr. Sly Boots knows exactly what he's doing and who he is setting up for the blame game when TSHTF. All he will say is that he had no choice and yet people like Sen. Coburn have offered $9 trillion in possible choices to the man who still says NO!.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
as it stands right now those who receive social security are the largest voting block in this country

followed closely by welfare,unemployement and medicaid and medicare receipients.

go ahead obama cutt off social security and you willDEFINATELY BE VOTED OUT in 2012.

you already screwed them over for their cost of living raise for 2 years running

GO AHEAD i dare YOU!.

be a 1 term president!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
???

Welfare is a state run entity. Why would you ask Obama to step over your state's right's? I thought you wanted to limit his authority? Now you want to give him more?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

It's called a massive Federal Subsidy to the tune of about $125 billion a year that is granted through HHS and spent on State and local programs across the country. About 400 welfare programs in total. Congress should end HHS state and local aid programs, and the state governments should decide for themselves what taxpayer support, if any, is appropriate for these types of activities. There's your states rights for you!!

edit on 19-7-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

where are you whats the job?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join