It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some advice and opinions, on a big dilemma im facing right now.. IMO this is the best place t

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
...bravado often feels foolish when you've made a decision that results in you having no place to live and your food comes out of garbage cans...

...i've worked in places that had a camera trained on me and, initially, had some of the same worries you have - like, if i pull my panties out of my crack it'll be documented and end up on youtube!...

...it did make me uncomfortable at first but eventually i forgot it was there... however, it was behind me and your camera will be in front of you... i think thats a little harder to get used to unless you have narcissistic tendencies...

...heres a thought - maybe you could hang a hat over it... if its true that they only look at the film in the event of an accident, they wont know you've got the lense blocked - and - if you have an accident, you can say the force of impact threw the hat up there... yeah, that could work - maybe...

...good luck...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
youre not paranoid, they really do want to spy on you.

put tape over the camera, line your van roof with tinfoil if you like. but eventually they will catch you picking your nose.
edit on 18-7-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
All depends who you work for doesn't it?

I mean, you could be one of "THEM" couldn't you and to be recorded is what you get when you sign the dotted line?

Contracts can benefit both sides, and the more corporate your organ grinder the more small print you carry.

Suck it up I say.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What are you giving up ?
Lets see eating at the wheel..Dangerous
Talking on cell..Dangerous

All the rest ..just carry on ..Who knows they may like your singing..

Keep your job..what you have is hard to find...
Ignore the cameras ..
edit on 18-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well they are lying to you saying it is only used in case something happens, then are constantly reviewing it in case you cover up the camera. Most business do have some competition these days, find out who your competitors are and see if you can get a job with them to maintain your skills. I can very much understand your discomfort with a camera stuck in your face all day. If you have a family to support it will be something to think about, otherwise there are other jobs out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply.. It's almost unanimous on what I should do.. (which actually does surprise me) Well today it is the first day in the vehicle with the camera. I have currently covered the one facing me.

Also found out a bit more about the system, it has sensors and is linked to the gps tracking system. If you brake hard, swerve, speed, fail to stop at a stop light or stop sign, among other things, it sends an alert along with a 30 second clip, 15 seconds before the incident and 15 seconds after.. This then gets analysed by someone and you get called into the office after to highlight and discuss your driving habits/behaviour/errors etc.
Now to me this is even worse than the sole purpose to monitor me, the are actually scrutinising and analysing what I do daily.

I will see what they say when I return to the office and see if they mention me covering it.. I will update the post later..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join