It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

You state the question and I will give it a go! Worth a try at least

My friend i have no questions for you, i know your beliefs, and though i don't agree with them you are free to believe what you will...

If i do have questions for you though, i know where to find your thread.

This thread is about the bible being "infallible"... a concept that went out the door in the first few pages. The rest of the 30 pages have jumped from the illogical, to the irrational... and most times the OP barely seems to comprehend english by the answers he gave.

IF you want, review the 30 pages we have.... then ask him a question.

Im sure you'll be amused, i think bogomil even compared this thread to an episode of southpark...

Not quite as funny, but i concur...

edit on 31-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
If you look at Bible prophecy there is two that is verifiable and that is the Jews returning to Israel and that God promised he wouldn't destroy them.

The Jews have been persecuted throughout history and many have tried to destroy them but have failed. That fulfills the promise by God that he won't destroy the line of David.

The Bible also says God will gather his people back to Israel and that happened in 1948 with the creation of the state of Israel.

And sofar 40 major 'official' bible-based prophecies of kaboom-day going wrong.

But it's ofcourse convenient to disregard THESE failed prophecies, as they.........let me guess..... were made by the 'wrong' kind of christians.

The RATIONAL approach requires predictability and uniform answers (not to mention a strictly followed and well-defined methodology). Obviously the IRRATIONAL approach isn't that pernickety.

Actually, the Tribulation is an open ended prophecy, the Lord gives his saved children signs that we shall recognize when it begins. Guess what? You're not saved so you aren't going to see it coming. We already see it coming, in fact were in the Time of Sorrows right now. Now be a good atheist and go dig in the bible to try to prove me wrong using passages you couldnt possibly understand. Or your own "human" rationality.
edit on 31-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

We.... As in the baptist Missionaries... Riiight...

Guess what... Being "saved" doesn't give you a licence to judge everyone you meet that doesn't agree with you... At least according to your bible it doesn't, or Jesus for that matter who you clearly do not understand to begin with...

Perhaps instead of pointing bogomil to the bible, you might try reading it yourself.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ever notice the word 'version' in King James VERSION. The word 'version' clearly indicates that this book is merely the interperatation of King James. I find it hard to communicate with grown adults who actually believe in Santa Claus. When one relies solely on faith or a book written by man as proof of his god's existence his existence is only further damned by faulty evidence. Blind faith is not proof, and should never be seen as such, for the minds of men will come apart on this day and intelligence shall be outlawed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by toxicblud
Ever notice the word 'version' in King James VERSION. The word 'version' clearly indicates that this book is merely the interperatation of King James. I find it hard to communicate with grown adults who actually believe in Santa Claus. When one relies solely on faith or a book written by man as proof of his god's existence his existence is only further damned by faulty evidence. Blind faith is not proof, and should never be seen as such, for the minds of men will come apart on this day and intelligence shall be outlawed.

And by the really 'clever' christians, you risk getting the answer, that it's alll explained in hermeneutics, sending you out on another fool's errand of semantic circles.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I was wondering if your name has any relation to the Bogomils of the tenth century Balkans, the Cathar sect?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I was wondering if your name has any relation to the Bogomils of the tenth century Balkans, the Cathar sect?

Yes, but it's more an expression of some intricate humouristic considerations on the basic principles of cosmic construction than an actual declaration of religous allegience.

On my part it refers to the dynamic principles in the observable part of 'creation' and what to do about it.
edit on 31-8-2011 by bogomil because: addition

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Gotcha. I just found it interesting because I didn't think anyone on here would even know who the Bogomils were. Most of them seem to be low IQ southern religious nuts. Every time I hear the name jesus I can only think of the blue inbreds of hazard county.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Gotcha. I just found it interesting because I didn't think anyone on here would even know who the Bogomils were. Most of them seem to be low IQ southern religious nuts. Every time I hear the name jesus I can only think of the blue inbreds of hazard county.

I try to stay formally polite on this forum, so I won't relate to this publicly. But there HAVE been times on this thread, where pages were spend basically alternatively saying: "Because" and "because why?".

I had to gurgle my brain with linseed-oil before writing posts here, to make it smooooooth.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I try to stay formally polite on this forum, so I won't relate to this publicly. But there HAVE been times on this thread, where pages were spend basically alternatively saying: "Because" and "because why?".

I had to gurgle my brain with linseed-oil before writing posts here, to make it smooooooth.

And lets not forget the scripture quotes that have nothing to do with anything related to the topic, or the questions asked to the OP...

Ya this thread has been a hoot, but its been reduced to a simple chatty banter between the few logical people participating in it.

Sadly...our OP disapeared two pages ago... possibly to confer with his associates about the "fallibility" of the bible?

Who knows lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by bogomil

And lets not forget the scripture quotes that have nothing to do with anything related to the topic, or the questions asked to the OP...

Ya this thread has been a hoot, but its been reduced to a simple chatty banter between the few logical people participating in it.

Sadly...our OP disapeared two pages ago... possibly to confer with his associates about the "fallibility" of the bible?

Who knows lol

I've had that suspicion also, that he will return loaded with the authorized wisdom of the elders.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil & toxicblud

You two through patting each other on your backs

ahhhhh yes, I have made it through about 10 pages thus far and I believe I have read enough. People here don't seem to even know what the word "version" means, much less where the Holy Bible came from.

But that's ok, I will go one step further...the King James Bible is better and more accuarte than the "original manuscripts" that Peter, Paul, Moses, etc wrote. The KJV is just as inspired and more so than the first writings of the church fathers. I of course don't make this claim without TONS of proof.

But back to the OP, Anyone know what Bible the Christians used before the 7 major english translations?? Anyone know that just as God has preserved His "words" in the Bible, so too has Satan made is own bibles and preserved them through out the years. They are known as the NIV, NKJV, NASV, RV, NLT, ASV....the list goes on for over 450 more perversions.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You wrote:

["You two through patting each other on your backs"]

For the duration. Does it bother you?

Quote: ["People here don't seem to even know what the word "version" means,...."]

If I really concentrate, I believe, I can just about grasp it.

Quote continued: [".....much less where the Holy Bible came from."]

I've always had the impression, that it at least was formalised and started in writing by Moses. Though I'm not that keen on the historical part, but rather on the reality-check option of the text.

Quote: [" the King James Bible is better and more accuarte than the "original manuscripts" that Peter, Paul, Moses, etc wrote. The KJV is just as inspired and more so than the first writings of the church fathers."]

I can hardly question, that this is your position.

Quote: ["I of course don't make this claim without TONS of proof."]

On my part, I'm satisfied with genesis 1 and 2 for a start.

Quote: ["But back to the OP, Anyone know what Bible the Christians used before the 7 major english translations??"]

I'm not amongst the "anyones" who know. You may tell me (us) and I will decide for myself, if I consider it relevant.

Quote: [" Anyone know that just as God has preserved His "words" in the Bible, so too has Satan made is own bibles and preserved them through out the years."]

This propaganda-war certainly is MOST confusing. And you intend to give me no. three key (this week) to it?

Quote: ["They are known as the NIV, NKJV, NASV, RV, NLT, ASV....the list goes on for over 450 more perversions."]

Just so you know, I'm kind of a fan of the character Lucifer (whom I distinguish from the character Satan). But that's rather off-topic.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Lucifer and Satan are "kind of" the same being. He is the second most powerful entity in the universe though....so if you were not going to serve the Most High God, I can certainly see you serving the second best....we can't all be winners in this life you know.

P.s. To quote someone use this:

[*quote] Place your quote here [*/quote]

Just take the stars out of the example and you have quotes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by bogomil

Lucifer and Satan are "kind of" the same being. He is the second most powerful entity in the universe though....so if you were not going to serve the Most High God, I can certainly see you serving the second best....we can't all be winners in this life you know.

This is actually why i didn't need any answers from you...

Judgemental to the bone if anyone disagrees with your perspective... Its actually one of the reasons why i gave up on your thread. Not to mention the fact that "many" of your answers are inaccurate. At least according to the person who the book is based around.

I would direct anyone who wants proof of what i say to your thread but i haven't seen it in months... feel free to do so for me.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

...the King James Bible is better and more accuarte than the "original manuscripts" that Peter, Paul, Moses, etc wrote.
That's because it was written by a humanist Catholic priest by the name of Erasmus who cherry picked all the known manuscripts to find versions that fit his philosophy. He got it to sound like the NT taught that faith was a virtue to be exercised as a way to earn salvation. He also added parts he thought were missing and freely edited it to sound better to his ear.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm suppose to be judgemental when error is present! Surly you know this?!?!? And don't go quoting some scripture you don't understand like "judge not..etc, etc blah, blah"

This is the cardinal sin of modern Christianity...people now assume everyone shouldn't be judged?!??! My God, where did this idea come from?!?! Christians are to judge all things, at all times, including other people BASED on the word of God. (this is the key sentence)

And if we don't judge, like God told us too, then God will judge us....I would rather take my responsibility as a priest, and judge myself, so God won't have too....

My Bible thread is in my sig by the way

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Erasmus??? What about Colinaeus's greek text? or Stephanus's? or Beza's? or Elzevir's? Do you really think they all came to the same conclusion as Erasmus's greek text? I mean come on, you really think they all had the same motives, querks, opinions, agendas and interputations as Erasmus?

They were a hundred plus years apart form each other and even others before them! That all came to the same conclusion as to what would be the recived text.

Nice try, but you are horribly misinformed. People really have no clue how the KJV came about it seems

P.s. YOu can thank the King James Bible for the english text you are typing with right now....Sir Bacon would be so proud!
Not the mention Tyndale.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

. . .you are horribly misinformed.
Feel free to inform me where I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Can or will you get around to the actual point of genesis 1 and 2 being infallible?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

correct me where I am wrong

I will once again quote my previous post:

"Erasmus??? What about Colinaeus's greek text? or Stephanus's? or Beza's? or Elzevir's? Do you really think they all came to the same conclusion as Erasmus's greek text? I mean come on, you really think they all had the same motives, querks, opinions, agendas and interputations as Erasmus? "

Now address what I just posted..again, or we are done.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join