It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtitude 112 degrees 35min 15.84sec.84W Latitude 32deg.43min.40.37sec.N

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So what is next?

Are the buildings on military bases gonna be spaceships next?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
As others have said, it is a practice surface to air missile site on a bombing range.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
As others have said, it is a practice surface to air missile site on a bombing range.

Omg no way it is a interdimensional crapper, that is used for the reptilian, grey, annuaki, nordic, and club kids.

It is all about the worship of their god Ke$ha, and they all belive in the truth of the blah blah blah.

But no worries, a unicorn has flown from my rear and kyane is rding it.

He will pick up obama and they will have a cupcake then worship the fly that lands on the poop from the unicorn.

This makes way more sense than anything I have read in this thread.

Yeah im being an a, sorry but I am smiling.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is an airstrip nearby with what appears to be jet fighters parked. Also the original site looks like weapons storage bunkers to me. As someone said, could be simply a bombing range, but if it was one would think there would be evidence of previous explosions.

Really lots of odd shapes around there.. and none of the sites appears to have any security arrangements. Maybe the desert is enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is some more information on the site...

Operations Overview
The Barry M. Goldwater Range is the nation's third largest tactical aviation range and has been essential for developing and maintaining the combat readiness of the tactical air forces of the U.S. Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, and Army. Since the beginning of World War II, the Goldwater Range has contributed to the nation's defense by effectively accommodating the training requirements of changing air combat capabilities and missions...

The Air Force has primary jurisdiction over the land and airspace of the Goldwater Range, administered through the 56th Fighter Wing Range Management Office at Luke AFB. Through a letter of agreement between the Air Force and Navy, the range was divided into two major training segments: the Gila Bend (eastern) segment, which is approximately 1,200,000 acres; and the Yuma (western) segment, which is approximately 700,000 acres. The airspace and lands of the Gila Bend segment are controlled by the Air Force; the Yuma segment is controlled by the U.S. Marine Corps. A five-mile wide air and ground buffer zone transecting the Mohawk and Sierra Pinta mountains separates the two segments...

The manned air-to-ground ranges have conventional and special weapons delivery targets. Range control officers are stationed in observation towers near the target to ensure range safety and to score the accuracy of a practice ordnance delivery. Some are scored on a hit or miss basis; others are scored electronically showing degrees of accuracy. The manned target complex consists of a combination of several target types: tactical strafe, strafe, bomb/rocket circle, and special weapons delivery. Each target is approached at different airspeeds, angles, and altitudes by the attack aircraft. All manned ranges have night operations capability for special weapons deliveries

Barry M. Goldwater Range Operations Overview

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
s937.photobucket.com...

This is the target arrow which carries lights to show approaching aircraft the direction of the target, seen in May 77. As a youngster I was marooned on top of this with my Brother when the tide came a bit quicker then we expected. As it started to get dark we had to jump into the water and swim/wade ashore. The old man threw a major wobbly when we got home, rather wet and bedraggled.

www.airfieldinformationexchange.org...

Back in the days before GPS aircraft operated more by the pilots skills and his or her own navagation knowledge....ie...water toers have the name of the towns painted on tghem...pilots are able to navaigate by those and in the middle of the desert a more conventional approach was need like the above arrow pointing the way.

The pictures you provided are indeed strange but mimic the perfered layout of missile batteries of the Soviet's like the one in Cuba showed earlier so these are most likely cold war relics but still see use today as landmarks by pilots.

The range in question in used for night and day ops and the runway you see if for emergency use by the AC if needed

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7/18/2011 by DJMSN because: fix

edit on 7/18/2011 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/18/2011 by DJMSN because: fix

edit on 7/18/2011 by DJMSN because: add link

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Some of you... My goodness!

It is NOT an opinion which has been expressed here several times already!

It doesn't matter if you, personally, equate the symbols with the Illuminati, end of the world, or UFO's-- it does not change what it is:

They ARE practice targets for air strikes at the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range! They are marked on my old USGS map as "Luke Air Force Range."

These are all over the southwest-- known to exist, known as to purpose.

I see this "secret" stuff entered on Google Earth for these almost as much as I see them on the circular Center Point Irrigation marks. Sheesh!

How difficult is it to look this up for yourselves?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Didn't need to go to history. It is indeed a star.

edit on 18-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Even stranger...

edit on 18-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

second pic looks like the gliph for stargate

www.google.com...://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Stargate-earth-glyph.svg/120px-Stargate-earth-glyph.svg.p ng&imgrefurl=http://www.tv.com/stargate-sg-1/did-the-goauld-ever-build-a-stargate/topic/292-907695/msgs.html&usg=__-I3HltoXlECDxk3E8_9By4HTlZg=&h=120& w=120&sz=4&hl=en&start=0&sig2=-yAAx_P20OZkdhTc2xqfWQ&zoom=1&tbnid=dohWVKTOke0U_M:&tbnh=96&tbnw=96&ei=_NIkTrGwLs6yhAeIwpTmCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsymbol% 2Bfor%2Bstargate%2Bglyphs%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1123%26bih%3D512%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=786&vpy=262&dur=872&hovh=96&hovw=9 6&tx=76&ty=38&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Only three quick questions.

Why?

Why?

Why does our goevrnment have to mess with our heads like this ?
They seem to be etched into solid rock.

SnF
edit on 18-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If the OP's star pic is for target practice, why is it still pretty much intact?

There are no obvious craters, strafing marks from smaller arms, aerials or poles are still standing on the star points.

Target ranges are also generally well laid out mostly circular fashion and no need for a pentacle shape, while the OP's picture is just plain whacko and wobbly. ??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Nope, not a "gliph for stargate" at all.

Those are air to gound ranges for F15, F16, A-10's from nearby Luke AFB and Davis-Monthan AFB. This is part of the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Look 1 mile east by southeast from the practice SAM site and you will find bomb craters to your hearts content.

There is no mystery here, its an airforce practice range and has been for years.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Look 1 mile east by southeast from the practice SAM site and you will find bomb craters to your hearts content.

There is no mystery here, its an airforce practice range and has been for years.

That I know, I was referring to the Op's picture only and it's specifics.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WHat an odd set up to have in the middle of nowhere and apparently, well maintained and manned. This is also right in the middle of the area they have signs up warning normal citizens to stay clear of anything off the major highways due to smuggling and immigration activity. What would we be doing with what would seem to be an operational and manned anti-aircraft battery set up near our southern border? Why A.A. when we own the skies with absolutely no questions from anyone.

Certainly odd... Training wouldn't require that. Nice catch for finding it!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Getting that it has been said, over and over, that it is an "airforce practice range". What is a mystery (to me), is how the airforce target symbol is that of the seal of Solomon which is a "magical signet ring said to have been possessed by King Solomon, which variously gave him the power to command demons, genies (or jinni), or to speak with animals." Or an ancient symbol that is being used in modern day for "AERIAL" target practice.

So as a fact by finding out that an ancient symbol is being used for todays aerial target practice just made it more interesting.

edit on 7/18/2011 by qonone because: added

edit on 7/18/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by chardonnay

I believe it be a standard formation for anti-aircraft placements.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

It could be but I don't think AF bases in the USA are worried about being attacked by aircraft. I was in the USN and I don't ever recall seeing anti-aircraft guns on any base I've been on.

It is on the border with Mexico, but our real threat from Mexico is their criminals, who don't fly

edit on 18-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

yeah seen that too, what the hell is going on down there?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Most likely because no explosives...practice bombs ie chalk or flower or just dummy payloads. Remember explosives are expensive so most likely just poeder bombs

www.luke.af.mil...

Manned ranges are periodically closed for maintenance activities and removal inert practice bombs, ball-ammo cannon rounds, and any of unexploded training ordnance.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Joint modular ground targets had also been added. They are full-scale mock-ups of enemy weapons systems such as SAMS, tanks, anti-aircraft artillery and Scuds that add realism to the whole scenario because they are replicas of specific threats. The modular targets snap together like giant building blocks and are easy to place and remove, and weather better than plywood targets. The targets are environmentally friendly as well because the lighter metals are easily recycled and no fluid purging is required as when using retired vehicles as targets.

The containers, inexpensive, durable structures that are stacked like blocks and used to create three dimensional industrial complexes, are used to make relatively full-scale mock-ups of built-up areas. They are spot welded so one container will not slide off the other easily, even if hit directly. The durability of the containers allows pilots to strafe them, drop heavy weights, inert bombs and other practice ordnance. Other than live ordnance, pilots can drop any type of training munitions on them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It is not in the middle of nowhere. It is in the middle of the Air force and Navy airspace. From Luke to Yuma...
I would also like to point that the "space fence" has a radar site not too far from there.
33.108889, -112.029167
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can confirm that is the typical layout of anti-aircraft batteries. (The star shaped location).

However I am not sure what the compass shaped location is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join