It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELEnin Disinformation Coverup by NASA Now Apparent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

the comet is still too far away to have accurate data

No, it isn't. The current orbital elements of C/2010 X1 Elenin are based on 2199 observations spanning a total of 209 days. That is easily enough information to allow the guys at JPL to calculate a very accurate trajectory over the next few years. In short, the comet will pass no closer to Earth than 0.23AU, and it sure as hell will not affect our planet in any way whatsoever.

But the asteroids trailing it will effect the earth.
The new variable's(elenin) in our solar system also will trigger events. Change in gravity pull, and sun's behaviour.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
Talk about a hugely-overblown sense of your own self-importance. JPL corrected Comet Elenin's orbital diagram because of your thread on ATS. Grandiose delusion right there.

I wouldn't discount the idea so quickly.

You don't think Gov. agencies keep tabs on ATS?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

Since it has been pointed out that the JPL database is continually updated, there is no need to address your most recent claim about the comet. Instead, I will address your slanders against me:

Now there is one guy that is a SERIAL DEBUNKER and he just fabricates his debunks, one day he found a street named Elenin in Bulgaria, the next day he says there is a CITY in Bulgaria named after Elenin.

I don't think the word "fabricate" means what you think it means. Fabricating is when someone just makes something up without any evidence. For example, if I claimed that there was a radioactive cat in San Mateo setting off a radiation detector, or if I claimed that Paul McCartney telephoned me without any evidence, that would likely be fabrication. On the other hand, facts are facts and can be verified by anyone. There is a street named "Elenin," I posted a link to it. Here it is on a map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9812372b2235.jpg[/atsimg]

There is a "Yelenin Spit" in what's left of the Sea of Azov, a Jelenin in Poland, a village in Bulgaria, etc. You can find them for yourself if you would like:

lmgtfy.com...

DOFDTW: Debunkers often fabricate data to win !!!

See any fabrication there?

Then there is the BIGGEST debunking tactic of ALL, the debunker alters a point of the OP to fit some data that he finds that proves his point and he never understood the OP to start with so as far as he knows, he THINKS, he really did debunk it, but he just misunderstood.

DTM: Debunking through misunderstanding.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're trying to say, but I think you are claiming that "Debunkers create strawman arguments." A strawman argument is one in which a debater intentionally misrepresents his opponent's position in order to more easily defeat it, or create the impression that the opponent is wrong. For example, when you said that I claimed that there was a street named after Elenin, you were misrepresenting what I said. You were intentionally trying to make it appear that I was claiming that the street and towns were named after the astronomer, or perhaps the comet, in an attempt to make me look like I was making outrageous claims. A strawman argument is usually pretty transparent. I never use such an argument intentionally, although sometimes when a poster does not articulate well, I genuinely have a difficult time understanding them, and may not respond to their concerns as a result.

The most important point of all that most debunkers REFUSE TO RECOGNIZE is that our news is censored, this was admitted and STATED during the Gulf Oil Spill, and so called OPEN DATA maybe OMITTED, ALTERED, or FAKED -- LIES !!! And most OPs make this accusation in a roundabout way.

Please indicate where I have claimed that the news media are 100% credible? In fact, I advocate critical thinking above all. Whether the information comes from a wire source, a journal or a blog, I encourage everyone to understand what is being said and subject it to objective analysis.

Then the debunker posts MANY articles from differing sources, ALL BASED ON ONE SET OF DATA, it is still false no matter how many articles cite the false data, and this happens all the time, most of our data is fuzzy or off, and the many articles often silently debate what is really correct, or the data is TOTALLY WRONG, or a LIE !

MFINT: Multiple FALSEHOODS is NOT TRUTH !

I also track down the original source for any news item or set of data. Always. For example, I can tell you precisely who started the whole "ELEnin is Wormwood" meme. His name is Mark Shelly, and he cooked up nearly every single "fact" that has been parroted over and over again by people like you. Here is his website, which first appeared on February 2, 2011:

elenin.org...

It's all there, word for word, except for the earthquake nonsense. That seems to be the work of Terral Croft and "Lucus," two serially banned ATS members.

WBIIMBT: Then there is the basic, it is a popular belief DEBUNK, WE BELIEVE IT, IT MUST BE TRUE !

It's not the skeptics committing this error; on the contrary, it is the people who make preposterous claims without any evidence, or who use out-dated newspaper articles, YouTube videos and acrostics who are committing this fallacy.

That is an EASY fallacy, MOST popular beliefs are TOTALLY FALSE and history proves this endlessly.

The belief that comets cause disasters was long a popular belief. It has since been proven to be entirely false. You're not really helping your case here.

Take the Y2K disaster for example, most everyone thinks it was a scam, yet NO ONE can point to the scammers that made their fortune off of it. That is because it was a REAL PROBLEM and we fixed it right before the disaster would have occurred.

I don't know anyone who thought it was a scam, but I do know a lot of IT people who made out well because of it. Exactly how is that relevant?

P.S. Paul called me and told me he had read my thread, and said it WAS Nibiru that caused them to break up.

Now I believe that is fabrication.

edit on 18-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

edit on 18-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seriously who the fried chicken does this comet, brown dwarf, spaceship think it is???

Enchroaching on our turf like this, I say we kick its ass!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
this is getting silly and smells BS from quite a few clicks, and here's why.

computer programs generate curves by drawing very small straight lines. that's the way it works, because when generating computer image, you're working with pixels, and you have to choose if you want to calculate one value per one pixel on X or on Y axis. if the distance is less than 1 pixel, there's no problem, because you have subpixel accuracy and antialiasing, smoothing things out and showing even small variations properly. the problem arises when you want to join two values that are quite some distance apart - and you have to do that, otherwise you would end up with a curve made of dots - the most logical way to do it is to use a straight line, because it won't be visible as such anyway as long as you're using small enough lines. you can choose to move every 1 pixel on X or Y, every halfpixel and such, but choosing so small steps to assure that the results will be at most 1 pixel apart is pointless and leads to large increase in cpu usage. the problem here is that they've chosen too big steps, quite possibly checking how it looks with totally different zoom than on your screenshots, rather showing whole solar system and quite some space around - and too big steps will lead to exactly such effect, nothing mysterious in that. you can trust me on that, i'm a computer programmer.

i'm not saying they're not monitoring this wesite, but i guess they had quite a laugh when they saw your first thread (i saw it too, and i've stopped reading after seeing exactly same nonsense). now they've fixed it, just for the sake of it, to make it look properly, and they're probably laughing even more at this thread.

seriously, conspiracy in curve gone bad because of wrong parameters in computer software? ATS is going downhill.

if you're looking for a conspiracy surrounding C/2010 X1, check this out:
i1099.photobucket.com...
edit on 18-7-2011 by jedi_hamster because: i don't need a reason

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If anybody is perpetrating a disinfo campaign, it's the OP. NASA changed JPL because of your thread? LOL, right. Either you're intentionally acting a fool, or you're mind is fracked.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Calling YOU a SERIAL DEBUNKER is NOT Slander

YES, the ELEnin YOU found was a STREET, in the current thread about Elenin NOT BEING A REAL PERSON you CLAIM THE ELENIN YOU FOUND IS A CITY

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Will you stop making these threads when Elenin passes in October or will you somehow try and convince us that it made a U-turn.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MACchine
Well, that thread was quite popular and hit the headlines of ATS for between 3 and 5 days, so I ask YOU do ATS headlines get enough traffic that NASA could have noticed this ???

NASA looks into space not internet forums when researching.

You need your head checked and your ego re-aligned.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Calling YOU a SERIAL DEBUNKER is NOT Slander

But accusing me of using strawman arguments, of not doing proper research, of not engaging in critical thinking, and most importantly, of fabricating most certainly is! Remember, everything that one posts here can be read by everyone well into the future. That is one reason the Mods insist that we "make every post count." You are welcome to review every post I have ever made. You will find the occasional bad joke, but you will never find poor research, faulty reasoning or, most certainly, fabrication. People may feel that I'm a kill joy, but they know I'm not just making stupid things up to get a rise out of people. I suggest you review your own posts and evaluate how people see you. Nibiru broke up The Beatles?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

YES, the ELEnin YOU found was a STREET, in the current thread about Elenin NOT BEING A REAL PERSON you CLAIM THE ELENIN YOU FOUND IS A CITY

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Im tired of sensationalist titles on ATS.

Title of thread:
"ELEnin Disinformation Coverup by NASA Now Apparent"

Reality of thread:
NASA updated their data on the path of elenin, a cover up is not "apparent" Yawn.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Nonseclator, nonseclator, what IS that map ???

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The coment/Brown star sure comes close to mars on the recent update though which is very strange maybe it could be heading for mars instead of us?...Good find man SnF
. Look forward to see more news on this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

1. It is a message, thus the very concise timing of the response, the GOOD guys inside JPL/NASA want to get the word out but they do not want to get fired. So they sent us this message, YOUR THREAD IS CORRECT, is the message.

If this is an "Extinction level event" as you say, why would they care about losing their jobs?

By the way, when is the day when we all die? I want to post a reply to your thread to ask how you feel about being so wrong.

V

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sorry the short response is it is just a rendering error. If you play around with zoom and magnification, you can get it to be round or jagged edges. I have played with the app before to look at the path in elinin, and it does have some quirky rendering, this was about a month ago, it is not a response to your thread just the app.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Great job bringing this to light. I have been following the elenin theories for awhile now and do believe it is simply a comet. Maybe comets, however, aren't exactly what we think they are either! Time will tell. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

However, your "critical thinking" is that of the mainstream, and all of the time.

Telling us that comets have no effect on disasters is proof of this, as that is a HIGHLY speculative and UNPROVEN hypothesis either way...some of us just happen to reside on the "yes it can" happen, since it just makes entirely too much sense that when you add ingredients to a mix something changes.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As long as a comet/asteroid doesn't hit the ocean its ok. The sight of 2000m high waves heading for land is just

I personally hope its a spaceship

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
Talk about a hugely-overblown sense of your own self-importance. JPL corrected Comet Elenin's orbital diagram because of your thread on ATS. Grandiose delusion right there.

It's no secret that information posted on ATS has had a direct impact on corrections made by both the government as well as MSM. The MSM have even covered stories that have originated here on ATS, and broadcasted them to the public.

They're all here, from agent to scientist to reporter. We would do well to remember that. Therefore, the possibility that the OP caused the changes over at JPL is a real possibility.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join