It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Americans feel about the Vietnamwar today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Two of my uncles executed by Pathet Lao Communists as my family were fleeing from Laos into Thailand.
Respect to your father, but why were the communits allowed to slaughter innocents in my ancestral country? Because Vietnam has the rubber, heroin, and tungsten.

• If the Vietnam War was about helping people, the U.S. would've stopped the massacres in Laos and Cambodia.
• If the Vietnam War was about drawing a line on communist progression into southeast Asia, the U.S. would've supported Laos, because Laos has the same northern border with China as Vietnam does.

Too many people have died for profiteering agendas.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi
[more

There will always be people making money during wars and Vietnam is no different. People got rich off of the Revolution and Civil Wars also. That however is not always the motivating factor in going to war. Wars always have more than one reason for being fought and yes money is usually one of them but not always the main one.

As for not fighting in those other countries is because the battle was with the Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Kong and they were battling us in Vietnam. We were trying to win the war quickly and that means going where your main threat is.

Battling in those other countries would have prevented massacres but wouldn't have mattered in the battle against Minh

<< 1   >>

join