It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aboriginals: Their Flying Shiny Eggs and Moon-Man tales.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Cool. But I don't see The White Man's Reason as a bad thing. I'm glad we know that ufo's are real and not just something out of "dreamtime" - a hallucinatory state brought on by indigenous plants. They had their own interpretations on what they were seeing, but reason had not allowed them to determine what is real or imagined. But still, its interesting stuff. I love reading about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Aborginal mythology and creation stories is an area i havent read much upon. Thank you for truly enlightening and very informative.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Nice work Zazz!!!! Great stuff, and an interesting read

I remember reading a story somewhere regarding an Aboriginal tracker, who helped out a white explorer. Basically the explorer had been out checking things out, when he came onto a large minable area of silver or gold (can't remember which).

He then made his way back to town, and forgot how to get to the area where the silver/gold was located, so he hired one of the local Aboriginal trackers to see if he could help him get back there. Sure enough, the tracker told him "i'll get you there, no problems at all", and set off at a running pace. In the end, they got to where the explorer needed to go, and when the explorer caught up with the tracker, he asked him "how the hell did you get here at a running pace, without having to stop and look for tracks?"

The tracker told him "I used the spirit world, the dreamtime, and I went back to yesterday, and followed you to here. That's why I didn't need to stop, and why I could run it without having to check things."

Pretty interesting, and why the Aborigines are such good trackers. Usually I don't believe in stories like this, but having met a few Aborigines, there is something about them, like an aura they put off, that just makes me believe stories like this.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think this is the 1 true thread I have ever actually enjoyed and it has piqued my interest.
I haven't read it for conformation on UFO'S, I've read it for the cultural interpretations of a life, long ago.
How well you have put this thread together for the "ordinary's" to enjoy, without being too wordy.
As someone who doesn't believe in religions, the Dreamtime concept has stirred a brain cell in my empty skull. This will probably take me on a journey of reading for many months to come.
Thankyou

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Interesting read OP.

thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Fantastic thread. amazing the account of the 1930's aboriginal female who's story mirrors that of currect abduction cases right down to being strapped or laid paralyzed to a metal/ surgical like table. I mean tables like that were they even in existance back then? Maybe but probably not for these tribefolk to see.

Astonishing.

Still though with technological advances of todays humans we are at a point where WE can and HAVE travelled to the moon and back. So is this a story of the aboriginals just not being technically advanced enough to recognize a flying space-ship, and saying it's a spirit instead?

Or is it the opposite, that they have the 65,000 years of dealings with these spirits and it is us who are too technilogically advanced and look for a scientific answer for everything?

Very thought provoking thread.

S+F Zazzafrazz

edit on 16-7-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thanks for your research Totally interesting subject . I started it first thing this morning and have not quite managed to finish the entire thing yet . Just wanted to thank you before I got totally lost .

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I'm in Australia, NSW. I've seen a UFO and posted the thread elsewhere, however, here's my story (maybe you can find some similarities with what the Aboriginals have experienced:

Originally posted by shadowland8
Quite a long time ago (talking about being a child, ~7 years old) I was at my bedroom window on a Thursday or Friday night at about 8:30ish, my mum was making my bed so I was just looking up at the sky(like directly up) and I saw something quite interesting! I saw this circle/oval/disc of light in the sky, right above me(but higher than the building) it was yellow but not bright enough to be hard to look at, probably wouldn't even induce a temporary burn-in effect on the eyes, it definitely did not project any light downwards, anyway. It was completely silent, I felt completely calm watching it and it started to move around slowly, moving in a circle, suddenly another disc of light came out of that one and the best way to describe what they were doing was "dancing" with each other, circling around each other, moving into each other to make a single disc and then parting again. They became single and then there were 3 discs, it looked like they were making formations, this continued until there was about five or six, making some real cool formations. At this point I realised I should probably tell Mum, so off I run, tell mum to take a look, and whaddya know? They're gone. Mum believed me though, which was nice but it did suck I had no real way of showing what I saw.So I've never really worked out what it was, but I'd like to know if anyone has got some experience on this.

What I've done to make you understand what I saw was make a very crude animation which I created in an image software program, this was the first time I've ever attempted to make an animated image so it's not perfect but definitely helps me explain what I saw a lot better:

** I cannot work out how to properly embedd this .GIF image so here's the direct link:

img811.imageshack.us...

So, I'd really like some opinions on this, it's had me confused forever.

P.S, I'd like to point out I live in Australia, Sydney. Just in case there's some history behind it or something.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

I have heard along the way that the aboriginals are connected to the Dravidians of south India in the blood line. Thhey look like Sivites and seem to have the same magicaal powers of the Sivites or yogis of india. maybe they are decendants from that Dreamtime long ago .

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Thanks Jazz, a great read, like the part about Uluru and the Red Egg, something that really resonates but not sure why?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

whoa ! This is the type of thread that I like !

Had a quick overlook but will get back here after work later in the day.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is an amzing thread, I didnt get to read all of it but will once im free

Its members like you that have had me on ATS for months, and made me decide to finally sign up.

Star nd Flag!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I really enjoyed reading thru this thread, it was like a mini-class in religion between your great OP, and Gorman91's posts on the interweaving of different religions. I found it to be quite enlightening and I'll have to come back on to read thru the links provided. Thanks for all your hard work! I'll be keeping an eye on your forthcoming posts, take care!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Reading this got me interest in more aboriginal stories I then came across this website with some great video interpretations,

www.abc.net.au...

they are a bit low quality but some can also be found on youtube in high res

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Im sorry but i couldnt help myself

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thanks for this marvelous thread zazzafrazz about these indeed very interesting dreamtime stories/experiences from those to me very intriguing Aboriginal people. S&F well deserved.
Although I have the impression that I do not understand exactly what you mean to say here and there because I am a Dutchman, I really enjoyed reading it all.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
In order to understand (slightly) their shamanic experience versus our explanations (the task is great and not possible unless you are part of that Dreaming) we need a briefing on the cultural settings from which the "stories" emerged, and try NOT to apply our obsession with ETS and UFOs on this. I can understand how we apply our understanding of their cosmology/lore as UFO/ET as the similarities are perplexing at times, however a shamanic experience does NOT automatically describe a abduction or a flying saucer or a Benevolent ET imparting knowledge. We need to start with the Dreamtime, and the best way to give you a door way to understand it from a different perspective given by a indigenous elder. "The shamanic experiences it is easy for us to apply your technical explanations "oh it SOUNDS like a UFO, Oh it LOOKS like a astronaut suit" But these are OUR applications, they are sacred".

Remember because they say came or went to the sky is not proof positive of aliens or ufo craft.

I agree with you that it is not proof positive of aliens or ufo craft, but it is almost impossible for me to try NOT to apply my obsession with ETS and UFOs on this.
Especially when I read stories like these ones.

In Rex Gilroy's account, the aboriginal woman claimed her tribe had been frightened off from Discovery Well when a "large shiny egg" suddenly came down out of the sky. In broad daylight the strange object flew low over them. Several beings, described as strange, grey skinned and man like, came out of the "egg". The woman said she was "stunned" by an object carried by one of the beings. Her story indicates she was carried aboard . Inside the "egg" the interior was glowing. She was strapped to a shining table and apparently "experimented with". The woman told stockmen of her experience, but perhaps not surprisingly they laughed at her.

Parallel Phantom Pregnancies alien implantation (Feather Foots)
"feather foot" spirits (which do not walk on the ground, they walk in the air; they can move through walls and things....sound familiar?

In about 1989 John's father-in-law, an aborigine, told him that when he was a young man (in about the 1930s) camping with a group of aborigines, before the white man took them off their land, they saw a green light spinning around in the sky. It landed behind trees. Lots of little men shining with green light came. They walked around the aborigines, looking at them, and then walked back to the UFO, which then took off.

"Grandad used to say that it was cigar-shaped and had a funny silver colour. When it landed it set fire to all the vegetation and killed the cattle. "The noise was dreadful and there was a series of loud bangs. Grandad also spoke of tall strangers appearing in town. They never said anything but always pointed to the things they wanted. "Quite often people just disappeared and dogs and domesticated animals disappeared too.

"Amongst the powers of the Mara medicine-men is that of climbing at night by means of a rope invisible to ordinary mortals up to the sky, where he can hold converse with the star people. "

Just a thought, but I wonder myself if those powers of the Mara medicine-men which they use during a Shamanic trance are not the same as what we today call a sort of remote viewing?

May I ask what your opinion is about that possibility?

The legend was related to me by Aboriginal actor-historian Ben Blakenley: -"Long long ago, far back in the Dream Time, a great red coloured egg (spaceship) came down from the skies. It tried to land safely on the ground but broke (crash landed). Out of it emerged white-skinned culture-heroes (gods) and their children.

A possible UFO crash, that’s really quite interesting.

The Dreamtime is fascinating

It is.

hope you enjoyed the read

I surely did zazzafrazz.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I really enjoyed your post. Aboriginal observations dont get nearly enough cred, guess they should'a built some pyramids huh! Infact Australia is often overlooked in many historical areas, people really should pay more attention to the wealth of knowledge down here, after all aboriginals were doing their thing when rameses was a twinkle in his fathers eye (ra hahaha history nerd joke).
Awesome! will star and flag it when i remember how.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

As per my first reply i mentioned i was going to share some rock art images that to me resembled possible aliens. It has been covered before and on numerous message boards but i thought it was worth adding to your thread.

I guess it's hard to put them into context when the author could have been thinking of ancestors and not aliens but the images really stand out to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f07adc3b011.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8a084feb8a0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2af82cdd9487.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/094dde8f2ec9.jpg[/atsimg]

They are very similar in appearance and some are from different area's as far as i know which is also strange because whoever drew the images had obviously seen something similar.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
so, life has been very busy as i have been moving into another (slightly larger) house and dealing with various medical/dental issues that are pressing. so i have had enough time to lurk and read, but not really respond.

Zazz, this is a great thread. I understand how people have a hard time in the west relating these to the mystical as opposed to the alien. Given our culture, and how much the JudeoChristian religions have squashed any understanding of the mystical world, it is unsurprising.

Mysticism is a forgotten skill, especially in the religiously oppressed West. Some possible help for Westerners struggling to underrstand Aboriginal mysticism:

Link to .pdf

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Having lived for the last 4 years in Australia, I have become so very interested in Aboriginal culture and history. I have on many occasions sat down and conversed with members of the indigenous community and have spent some great nights around the camp fire out in the bush listening to great stories about the ancestors.

I am moving back to the UK at the end of July because of personal reasons, but I will always remember the times I had, they will always be beautiful fond memories until the day I am no longer here.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into your thread, a great and interesting read.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join