It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time has come.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Why are people assuming the old man in the story was related to or knew the OP? It's an old story dating back hundreds of years at least, the OP was just recounting it to go along with his experience.

As for the experience, I would say no need to worry, none of what you saw ties into the story. I've also seen dogs helping raise cats over the years or getting along in the same household so the "dogs getting along with cats" part I've never understood for those reasons. It's like, what's so unusual?

I didn't see any assumptions above. Just questions. I along with the others haven't heard this Old Man story. So I ask you where did it come from? Enquiring minds want to know. (Those commercials were funny)
My only interest in the thread is where the story originated. I don't feel like searching for the answer.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Auxili

To me (and being a person that has cats and have for my entire life) this a a cat that is going into season (looking for a mate). I have personally seen cats do the strangest things. but this is a normal behavior.

I spent a few years doing on call technical support for a hospital. My pager would go off numerous times as the technology was still in its infancy. If i was in the bathroom when my pager was going off my cat would come to the door and scratch the door and make a horrible sound as if he was in pain, then when I opened the door he would go and sit right beside my pager until I paid attention to the pager. His behavior went back to normal after that as if nothing happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I know a cat that meows to get mate attention. The one in the video was not it

They make a sort of long meow composed of smaller ma-la-la-la type meows

That thing was really barking

edit on 15-7-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

I honestly couldn't tell you where I heard it, can't remember. It was probably on the internet though but it had been quite a few years between seeing it then and then again earlier today on the OP of this thread.

Those lines about cats and dogs though and the midnight/crow/sun/drums stuff is pretty well known though I'd think. The most known and "popular" part of that story. I'd never heard the part about the birds digging with worms part. Not until tonight anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
sorry everyone, this thread was just an experiment. i made up this prophecy to see what would come of it. But the experiment was a success. The one person who said my story goes back hundreds of years just took the shenanigans i posted and made it into a possibly accurate end of the world prediction.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Do you know this 'old man', or did you read this somewhere?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

i think you were supposed to give the dog a bone, and the old man will come rolling home?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
sorry everyone, this thread was just an experiment. i made up this prophecy to see what would come of it. But the experiment was a success. The one person who said my story goes back hundreds of years just took the shenanigans i posted and made it into a possibly accurate end of the world prediction.

Yeah, I thought this thread read a little funny. But hey, you don't mind if we experiment with you?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi

Originally posted by iSHRED

Yeah, I thought this thread read a little funny. But hey, you don't mind if we experiment with you?

I'm bringing the rubber gloves ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join