It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time has come.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Stick with me, it sounds crazy at first.

There was once a wise old man who had a dream. After his dream he said this to his children and grandchildren;
"Be ready, for when the crow flies east at midnight, and the drums stop beating with the sun, you shall know it is near. And when the dog meows with cats, and the birds dig with worms, you shall know it is right under your nose. And when it is right under your nose, it will make you flinch. And from that very moment when you flinch, you know you have 7 months and 7 days until it happens. Children, you may wonder what 'it' is, but i cannot tell you, just know when it does happen, you will wish you were prepared."

The old man leaned back in his chair and passed away.

Now to the crazy part, I thought he was crazy forever until yesterday. I was walking out to my car and i heard a cat in the bushes, so i went to check it out and i found a ragged old dog laying behind the bush. Later that day after work, me and my family were having a picnic when something started squirming under the blanket we were sitting on. So we lifted up the blanket and a small sparrow flew away.

I dont know what to think about it... but 7 months and 7 days from yesterday will be February 21, 2012.

comments??

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

There was once a wise old man who had a dream. After his dream he said this to his children and grandchildren;
"Be ready, for when the crow flies east at midnight, and the drums stop beating with the sun, you shall know it is near. And when the dog meows with cats, and the birds dig with worms, you shall know it is right under your nose. And when it is right under your nose, it will make you flinch. And from that very moment when you flinch, you know you have 7 months and 7 days until it happens. Children, you may wonder what 'it' is, but i cannot tell you, just know when it does happen, you will wish you were prepared."

Now to the crazy part, I thought he was crazy forever until yesterday. I was walking out to my car and i heard a cat in the bushes, so i went to check it out and i found a ragged old dog laying behind the bush. Later that day after work, me and my family were having a picnic when something started squirming under the blanket we were sitting on. So we lifted up the blanket and a small sparrow flew away.

I dont know what to think about it... but 7 months and 7 days from yesterday will be February 21, 2012.

comments??

Shrooms are bad mmmk?
Very odd....to say the least.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Who was this "wise old man" anyway?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Crow's and sparrow's are not the same bird.

Your story is irrelevant to your experience.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What is the origin of the old man? Did you know him? Was it folklore you heard somewhere?

I'm interested in learning about the old man and where he came from and where this story came from. I really don't believe in prophecy but this story has peaked my interest. I do enjoy hearing about legends and folklore.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Are you serious? Like completely sure? you havent "flinched" yet, have you..whatever that means...Im sure that you would know. And did you look for the birds in the sky last night? Look tonight please!! Was this your father/grandfather??
Im sorry for all of the questions, but I believe in such premonitions that come from what I guess you could say a random source, somebody you wouldnt expect to even think in such a way..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

read the op a little closer.

your post is irrelevant to the old mans prohpecy.

not saying I believe the dying old man... but ishred's experience is indeed relevant to his/her story.
edit on 14-7-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Oh really? What makes you say that. Oh wait, never mind. Possibilitieees. It's infinite baby, and we're all on our way.

02/21/2012 is 7 days and 7 months from today
edit on 14-7-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I fail to see any connection between the op's experience and that story other than both have a bird and a dog in them.

I could walk through a pet store and it would have as much connection to that myth as the op's experience.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

uhm it said that the sparrows would fly east and that BIRDS would dig like worms or whatever

ITS so similar to all the ancient sayings of the crimson moon and merging seasons how could all of you say that this is not relevant or similar or whatever
edit on 14-7-2011 by pattyngayle because: had to remind

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Did the sparrow fly east or just fly away and how do you know it was digging for worms. Maybe it was sleeping and they just threw the blanket over it.

Maybe it was eating seeds or laying an egg. I didn't hear any mention of a dog meowing as the story states either.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

were you the only person he told this to?

contact the others, ask them if they seen similar.

edit on 7/14/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
dude kro32 is just a total troll,

dont feed the trolls.

Did the sparrow fly east or just fly away and how do you know it was digging for worms. Maybe it was sleeping and they just threw the blanket over it.

Maybe it was eating seeds or laying an egg. I didn't hear any mention of a dog meowing as the story states either.

you dont pay attention much do you?

direction of the bird relates to a crow and at midnight, not the sparrow.
the op said he heard a cat and found a dog. you didnt read the op?

birds dont sleep on grass, nor lay eggs, and i dare you to try and throw a blanket over a sparrow thats digging for worms, not so easy to do that then have a picnic on top without noticing the bird is there.

edit on 7/14/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think that this formula would work if the trigger event happened at the beginning or end of the current month. Or else how do you account for months with varying total days? (28,29,30,31). Weird campfire story though. 7 months and 7 days. Eerie.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Birds don't lay eggs?

Excuse me, here's a bird that lay's BLUE eggs

www.sialis.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
its early suposed to have hatched 2013 wonder what woke him up hope he can fly right well i dont know if its a girl or a boy
edit on 14-7-2011 by obzerver because: obzervation

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Not seen any dogs meow yet, but this should interest you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

comments??

Yeah, just one. You're insane. That's seriously probably one of the furthest stories I have ever seen stretched.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why are people assuming the old man in the story was related to or knew the OP? It's an old story dating back hundreds of years at least, the OP was just recounting it to go along with his experience.

As for the experience, I would say no need to worry, none of what you saw ties into the story. I've also seen dogs helping raise cats over the years or getting along in the same household so the "dogs getting along with cats" part I've never understood for those reasons. It's like, what's so unusual?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join