It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in the World does your Date of Birth Take You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Delaware Valley -______- lame

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mine took me to Le Basse just south of Torino in Italy.
Le Basse
Cannot see anything in there of any relevance - but enjoyed having a look around to see...
Nice Thread

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
awesome.... South Africa!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Mine took me to Clancy's Pub in Missouri.

I drink so maybe I was really born in a Pub

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

mine didnt take me anywhere...does that mean i dont exist?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Scary...it showed me the town I am currently located...Freaking Scary...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I agree! I'm not a statistician, so someone who's more mathematically inclined than I am, please jump in and help out. Here's a first pass at the beginning of the calculation.

Assuming the average life expectancy of a US female is 81, and a person posting on this thread is likely older than 10 years, that means there are 71 possible years X 365 days for a total of 29,565 number combinations (dates) for which to search on Google maps.

Since we don't know the number of locations on Google Maps, that would have to be an "X" factor, right?

Then, we'd have to quantify it in terms of the number of miles between A and B which, in my case, is 1.5 miles between the birthplace and the Google Map location of the birthday.

Any way you slice it, the coincidence boggles the mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729

You wont believe this!
Ended up in a Mexican resturant
in Calgary,AB,Canada. Honest!!!

Please for ya....haha

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Haha oh the irony!

It takes me to France!!!! Paris is marked

ANYONE who knows me knows I'm slightly obsessed and in love with Paris, France and I have been since I was a kid! I have an Eiffel Tower tattoo even

This made me smile lol

I knew I belonged I France!

Dear France,

I think that's a brilliant story, who would have thought that would happen.....I am amazed by some of the stuff that people find when they do this........

cheers

Please make me a citizen. I'm your biggest fan!

Mblahnikluver

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
Well...Mine took me to Lake Balboa, CA. Within the three inch radius is Phoenix, AZ. I'm not going to get into what that city means to me, but I will say it stirs some emotional responses. How strange it should take me back to that place...

Star and flag for this post. Very interesting. Thank you.

Wow, love it when things like that happen......weird how something as simple as your date of birth can take you somewhere that can stir your emotions.............

cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
OP, you have to see this. It's freaking me out.

A is the location that my date of birth entry found.

B is the hospital in which I was born!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cb079ab960d.jpg[/atsimg]

Holy poop on a stick, that's weird!

Wow, well I don't know what to say about that, that is truly freaky and one of the weirdest ones I have heard of yet through this thread. I had another person who said that his DOB brought him to the town he grew up in and now your DOB has taken you to the place you were actually born. Even I am getting shivers down my spine with that result. I am sure there are more weird ones to come to the fore........

Thanks for taking part.....

cheers

Dave

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
Fun thread!

I typed in my DOB in Google Maps and got a motel in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Then I did the same with Google Earth and got a different result: a small hotel on the south coast of Crete, in Greece. Now that's a little more interesting. I've never been to Greece...may just decide to go to Crete one of these days.

Hi,

Now you have a great excuse to go and visit Greece, Crete is very beautiful, so much history there.....There you go then, you have plans for next years holiday...haha

cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
i am from england and my DOB took me to to a place called Alpha Technologies that is located near to Vancouver , Canada

I drive right past that place everyday to/from work.

As simple as it is, I think this is brilliant...............

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

OP, you have to see this. It's freaking me out.

A is the location that my date of birth entry found.

B is the hospital in which I was born!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cb079ab960d.jpg[/atsimg]

Holy poop on a stick, that's weird!

O_O that's a lot more accuracy than a one in a million chance !!!

We sholud, we need to calculate that because that might a truly really brutally shocking coincidence

Yeah I totally agree with you, truly a billion to one chance even......I have already commented on this post and I am still amazed by it......indeed, what are the chances of your DOB throwing up your place of birth.......Don't know what to say really.......

cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizKidENT

mine didnt take me anywhere...does that mean i dont exist?

Hi,

I am sure that the six figures in your date of birth should take you somewhere, even it in the middle of the ocean..haha..

Obviously I don't know where you live, but when you enter your DOB look on the left upper side of the page and there should be some highlighted destination somewhere in the world that should be visible....Try again and let me know, but I am sure that you do exist....haha

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Scary...it showed me the town I am currently located...Freaking Scary...

Now that is freakin weird that is.............I am so amazed of something so simple, but so weird and strangely freaky can throw up so many random results.......

cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I agree! I'm not a statistician, so someone who's more mathematically inclined than I am, please jump in and help out. Here's a first pass at the beginning of the calculation.

Assuming the average life expectancy of a US female is 81, and a person posting on this thread is likely older than 10 years, that means there are 71 possible years X 365 days for a total of 29,565 number combinations (dates) for which to search on Google maps.

Since we don't know the number of locations on Google Maps, that would have to be an "X" factor, right?

Then, we'd have to quantify it in terms of the number of miles between A and B which, in my case, is 1.5 miles between the birthplace and the Google Map location of the birthday.

Any way you slice it, the coincidence boggles the mind.

Hi,

Thanks for that, I to am totally amazed by the coincidences and chance and random stuff that has come to the fore. I got up this morning not expecting to find the responses that I have. It has blown me away..unreal..

cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi To you all,

I am the original opener of this particular thread which started yesterday.

I was only messing about on the computer yesterday and doing a few Google searches for something I wanted to post on ATS. Anyway, off the top of my head I just happened to go onto Google maps because of my love of travel and just added my date of birth. There was no real reason behind doing it, I just wanted to see what would happen with the figures I entered.

The rest of my findings from the results I found, I posted on the opening post of this thread. After the responses that I have had back from people who took part in this thread, I am now determined to go and visit this English Garden Hotel in Munich, Germany, next year and see what it is like. This may also seem odd, but I want to go there and stay for a few days and see what may happen during my time there. Maybe nothing of brilliance will happen, but at least it will be an experience in some way. After all, just going somewhere you have never been before is new and a new experience, you never know what can come of it.

Personally I like the unknown and the random, some people don't. I like to travel and have visited many places, a lot of these places visited on a shoe string. Lots of people believe that you need loads of money to go anywhere, but believe me you don't. As long as I have a shower, four walls around me and some kind of bed, I feel happy. I very rarely make plans apart from booking flights and buses etc, so that I can get from A to B. The fun starts when you get to a destination you have never visited before. So I can't wait for my next mini adventure to Germany and see what comes of it...........

So thank you to all of you who tried the DOB thread and posted your findings. Some of the findings that came from this simple operation on Google was just awesome. I woke up this morning not expecting to see some of the results and responses that certain people got on their DOB search. Obviously some folks were not too excited about visiting Starbucks or the local garage in a small town. But some people who's results showed the actual place they were born or grew up. What are the chances of that? Now that totally blew me away.

Other people had results of an emotional nature and conjured up some great memories. One guy's results were just about some random company in the middle of nowhere, and then on the next thread page another ATS member wrote back stating that they drove passed that particular company every day on the way home from work. I think they are all truly wonderful.......

So whatever your DOB search on Google maps found, it doesn't matter if they were either astounding or quite mundane. You never know what could happen if you happened to visit a town in the middle of nowhere, somewhere you never thought you would end up. But I also believe that something as simple as this may stay in your mind and one day it will come to the fore in some way when you least expect it......

When this particular thread has come to an end, I am thinking about collating all the information and looking at all the findings, Then I may write some kind of report up of what came about, then post it for people to read and see what the results were and what responses and comments people made.

One more thing before I go....

Threads disappear pretty quickly from ATS, as you know. For people who have taken part in this simple thread, could you possibly pass on this thread to others who may not be aware of it, or may have missed it. I am sure that there are many great findings to be had for others, and other things that will blow me away....You never know what can come about with something so simple...

Thanks to you all.....

Cheers

Davethebear

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have a possible explanation for some of the strange results from this...I believe Google searches are adaptive, in that they give different results for different people depending on your past search history.

As I posted above, the top hit on my original search using Google Maps was a motel in Daytona Beach, Florida. When I tried using Google Earth, I got slightly a different result (Komis Studios, a scenic hotel in Crete). I was intrigued, so spent some time finding out more about the hotel in Greece.

Then I thought I'd learn more about the place in Daytona Beach, so I repeated the search using Google Maps. Guess what? the only result was the hotel in Greece. No mention of Daytona Beach, or of any others that were on the original list.

To test this theory, I just did a quick scan using CCleaner; cookies, histories, etc all gone. Then repeated the search one more time, and got the San Marina Motel in Daytona Beach.

So, for anyone who is "freaking out" about the results of this test, try cleaning out your cookies and histories from your browser, then repeat. See if you get the same results.

Lots of fun!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I have a possible explanation for some of the strange results from this...I believe Google searches are adaptive, in that they give different results for different people depending on your past search history.

As I posted above, the top hit on my original search using Google Maps was a motel in Daytona Beach, Florida. When I tried using Google Earth, I got slightly a different result (Komis Studios, a scenic hotel in Crete). I was intrigued, so spent some time finding out more about the hotel in Greece.

Then I thought I'd learn more about the place in Daytona Beach, so I repeated the search using Google Maps. Guess what? the only result was the hotel in Greece. No mention of Daytona Beach, or of any others that were on the original list.

To test this theory, I just did a quick scan using CCleaner; cookies, histories, etc all gone. Then repeated the search one more time, and got the San Marina Motel in Daytona Beach.

So, for anyone who is "freaking out" about the results of this test, try cleaning out your cookies and histories from your browser, then repeat. See if you get the same results.

Lots of fun!

Cheers avocadoshag,

I went to the local library this morning and while I was there I used their pc and did the same DOB Google map search as what I did yesterday. Glad to say that I got the same result, so I am still off to Germany........Haha

cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join