It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Jones: AZ Police Chief Declares Martial Law After Being Exposed on Infowars.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Jennifer Jones: AZ Police Chief Declares Martial Law After Being Exposed on Infowars.com

www.infowars.com

Quartzsite Police Chief Jeff Gilbert has asked the town council to declare a “state of emergency” due to all of the publicity the town has received over the arrest of a reporter at an open meeting in June.

The town council voted 5-0 in favor of the action; Mayor Ed Foster did not attend the emergency meeting Sunday afternoon. Gilbert reportedly said the action was needed because Jennifer Jones was “inciting riots” after videos of her arrest at the meeting sprung up across the Internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www2.az-independent.com

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Jennifer Jones, a reporter arrested for speaking her mind at a council meeting in Quartzite AZ is evidently so powerful at "inciting riots" that the chief of police and the city council are in agreement that a state of emergency is immediately needed.

More info on the initial arrest story can be garnered from the following threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From the sound of this story, these people are in damage control mode, and definitely have something to hide. Especially if one reporters confrontational stance can lock down the whole town and wreak havoc with the local police and council.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: fix x 2

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Could this possibly be a sign? Positive or negative?

I do not know, but if in fact this is damage control as suggested, then if I look a little deeper I am tending to believe that things are only holding together by a string that is ready to snap. Is this a beginning of a time that authority figures are becoming fully aware of the peoples restlessness and things could go a way the authority figures do not want it to go? Are they really beginning to worry about what we the people may be close to doing in this country? Are they aware we are getting close to collectively standing up and pointing our middle fingers at them?
edit on 13-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People in a position of power will NEVER let go of it without a fight.
These A-holes WILL be brought down.
One way......or another.
Let's hope it is a peaceful transition.
I think these pigs better realize who has more firepower.
This reminds me of the small little backwoods redneck town in the movie Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze.
I'm sure this type of # is happening all of the time and has been for years.
This is just the first time some of it was caught on tape.
Power corrupts.
He who has the most guns has the most power.
He who doesn't care, has the least power.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I heard about this, keep people updated!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i say give them something to martial law about, burn the police station to the ground and burn ther houses down. conform or die

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
WOW. I am shocked that there is not more response from ATS to this travesty of liberty !! This is exactly the kind of thing we here are supposed to be watching for and publicizing! Where are all the freedom lovers??

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Golly gee willakers...

Quartzite is off of I-40 near enough to the yuma desert to be considered a staging point for OP Gun Runner - I'll bet that's what they got up their sleeves. Time to investigate any truth to my accusations?

Go F.B.I. go!!!

+43 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Being Arrested is inciting riots? Declaring a state of emergency because folks are finding out en masse that you are a corrupt scumbag? The same kind of stuff was going on in France in 1840's, it's long overdue. People are sick and tired of fat cats and hobnobbery and they damned well should be. They are taxing the rain for crying out loud. Can you imagine going back to the 1700's and telling the likes of Thomas Jefferson that you are going to tax the rain and call it a storm water tax, or arrest a reporter for speaking at an open meeting? Musket Balls and Tar and feathers would fly. I hope this goes viral, catches on and spreads like wildfire, it won't, but nice to see folks talking about at least. Th first step in dealing with any problem is acknowledging that there is a problem. Watching a reporter getting hauled off to jail is pretty indicative.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
WOW. I am shocked that there is not more response from ATS to this travesty of liberty !! This is exactly the kind of thing we here are supposed to be watching for and publicizing! Where are all the freedom lovers??

Sometimes I think even we at ATS become desensitized and numb to this type of thing because we are more acutely aware of it than the the general population. And our outrage becomes more of a subdued disappointment. I just hope it never becomes blasé faire for all of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They need a state of emergency to cover for their corruption. All the world can know thanks to technology. It be awesome if this went to the supreme court. Klassified it's the same way with seeing endless violence. Whether it be real or in the movies. How many times was what happened on 9-11-01 played over & over again nonstop?

I can't keep count. After being exposed to so much that you know is wrong, maybe it's a self defense built into us to become numb to tragedy to keep us sane. But I know we shouldn't get numb. We need a softened heart.

I can't speak for any of you but I see us as the creation of God, made in His image and I think attacking us is the closest the devil can get to attacking God. Whether people are used to do it or whatever it might be. The devil is the god of this world system.
edit on 13-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
good post. keep it going.
Police state?
burn all the evidence.
the people need to do some thing soon!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Everybody has a breaking point.
I suppose im suppose to be shocked and or saddened by this,but im not.
In fact I say keep it up,more more more......
Cause eventually,this will all fall in on their heads.
Just a matter of time.....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

So the military industrial complex has the most power, and politicians have the least?!

I think something is wrong with this line of reasoning.

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Apathy is quite a powerful tool in the 21st century.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by Screwed

So the military industrial complex has the most power, and politicians have the least?!

I think something is wrong with this line of reasoning.

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Apathy is quite a powerful tool in the 21st century.

I would probably re-think the amount of power the MIC has. In reality its been the only constant in our gov't. Regardless who gets elected they stay in power. Of the highest top secret clearances you can have, the POTUS doesn't have one because he's only a temp.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
We should thank Arizona for being such staunch constitutionalists, first for arresting that uppity reporter for speaking up at a public meeting, and then for declaring martial law to clamp down on potential backlash over said arrest. Go Tea Party!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HighwayDrifter

The MIC may have the most firepower, but if it came down to it, would they have the people to operate the firepower if ordered to use against their own brothers and sisters. I do not think they would, so I think it would default back to the power of the people having the most firepower.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by HighwayDrifter

The MIC may have the most firepower, but if it came down to it, would they have the people to operate the firepower if ordered to use against their own brothers and sisters. I do not think they would, so I think it would default back to the power of the people having the most firepower.

I think your point is valid, but you must also consider there are many in the military as well as the police who unfortunately have no problem at all with killing citizens. The question is how many? And do they outweigh those who won't. Add to that the governments ability to call in foreign troops at a moments notice, and you have a large group of heavily armed soldiers very willing to crush any rebellion with deadly force.

Lets hope there are enough of our soldiers and police on the peoples side to outnumber them.

On Topic: It seems as though this Chief of police, and the council have no problem at all oppressing the people in their town.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: eta-correction

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

If there are 300 million people in the US and for arguments sake lets say only 25% of the population felt the need to stand up against the government, that would be 75 million armed citizens in the streets. How many police officers and foreign military would it take to put down that many armed people?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You could count on at least 30 to 40 per cent of the US population to take up arms. In that mix, I would think at least one third are trained in combat in one way or another, Militia, ex army, police etc.. The UN does not have enough force to quell that rebellion. Add to the total Canadians that would stand with US citizens, we just need to borrow some of your weapons.LOL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join