It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's good in life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk of things that are "bad" or "wrong" in life so its no wonder that pessimism and depression are so common. It comes down to a way of thinking or attitude. I don't blame people because society incites or encourages negative thinking to a degree. Maybe if we laid off on the blame game and changed our perspective a little each day by thinking of what we do enjoy about life. Whether it be a cup of coffee or a walk outdoors, there are things we like more than others in life.

Some think positive thinking doesn't work but that's just because all some people know is negative thinking. Its like someone can't think positive because they don't want to prove wrong their negative way of thinking because it helps them justify their attitude and actions in life.

What do you find good in life?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
personally just being able to sit under a tree on a nice day, looking out at the mountains, taking it all in for what its worth, its priceless. just feeling while I can. before it's all gone forever

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can go out at night and see a sky full of stars making up a massive universe. And, even though I know how small I am in this big scheme of things, I can feel a sense of purpose behind it all. And that I am a part of that purpose is pretty damn cool.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

When I look up at the stars I feel my insignificance and somehow it mystifies me, knowing I have no destined purpose

There's tons of good things in life, but it unfortunately doesn't cancel out the bad. You just can't let the bad seep into you...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What is good in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Love, living things, people's smiles.

Stars at night, the dirt under my feet, being able to create in this world.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
love,music, sex, literature,sharing laughter with a child, the marshmallows in lucky charms, red wine, chocolate, animals, art, serving others....

just for starters....hope you are having a great day OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
What is good in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

arghhhhhhhhh

beaten to the punch two days in a row....

well played sir

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Anything can be considered good if it meets what you expect at the end of the day or in your lifetime. I consider any day where I can drink a cold beer a good day. However; there will always be bad days especially when you open up the fridge and there is no cold beer to drink. It all depends how you look at it, and if you figure out an alternative to make it good again.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This question would only rise from an unhappy mind.
Life is neither good or bad, life is a sort of malleable concept which can be hammered to suit you , it just depend how your belief system is tune in.
But we are only subject to our mind not to life.
You find someone happy and you ask him why are you happy. He will answer you because of this and that. This and that don't make you happy but he is.
Did you get it?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Waking up in the morning to discover that I'm still breathing.

It just doesn't get any better than that.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
living

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Everything is good in life.

I have a theory that people crave pain and drama and elation and sex and love and heartbreak all other emotions. In my opinion, humans crave emotion and they will take it in any form, including pain and depression.

Some people actually thrive in a depressed state, while others thrive off of adrenalin, or danger, or wrong-doing.

Do any of these sound familiar: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

Everything in life is great!

I tell my 4 year old and 3 year old when they skin their knees, "If it hurts, that is a good sign! You're still alive, you're aware, and you can take care of it and get back to playing hard."

I've been hurt in all kinds of interesting ways emotionally, physically, and economically, and I don't regret a single one of them. On the back of my biker vest is a patch that says, "If you ain't limpin, you ain't shyte!"

Live it up. If it hurts, that means your still alive. When it quits hurting, it is time to say your prayers.
edit on 12-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What is good in life?

lmao

I was thinking of the very same quote! Classic!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
love,music, sex, literature,sharing laughter with a child, the marshmallows in lucky charms, red wine, chocolate, animals, art, serving others....

just for starters....hope you are having a great day OP.

Great list!! Let me add, Honky Tonk Saturday nights on my local radio station, with a Cigar and some Cognac on the back deck with the dog at my feet and the kids safely in their bedroom, and my wife urging me to hurry up and get to bed for the real fun!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bubbles are good. Rain is good. Today I wanted incense so I went to a store that happened to be en route and paid for the incense with a $10 bill. That money is good and I was glad that I had it to buy what I wanted. My computer, my internet access, the water I have easy access to, the swamp cooler that keeps my house cool during these hot days, my dogs because they are a great source of love and amusement, tea because it tastes good, french fries, my cameras, netflix, youtube, clothes, dinner...

I can go on forever about what is good in my life. One can choose to focus on what you want and don't have, or focus on what you have. In my experience, more is given to me when I am focused on the latter.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Exit signs

Lingo

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

oh the cigars...damn I forgot the cigars!

I'll take your add-ons any day of the week getready!

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I suppose it depends on who you are..

Personally, I'm happy enough to make it through most days without anything horrible or painful happening. That's good.. for me, at least. One thing any person can fall back on is music.. what is it about certain chord progressions and combinations of notes that trigger ecstasy and upliftment in people? Is it the particular vibrations of those notes coming together in a perfect order to resonate with our being? Is that where the feeling comes from? Aimless talking aside, music is great.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What is good in life?

This immediately popped into mind and then I saw it posted a few spots below the OP .

I would however add my cat, my pipe, dark beer, and silence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join