It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatic Butcherbot Debones 1,500 Whole Chickens Per Hour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

I just find this so disturbing for some reason. Now, I eat meat, and I don't think there is anything wrong with eating meat, but there is something grisly about the use of technology and automation to "squeeze efficiency" out of something like killing living creatures.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I figure as long as your killing living creatures you should be as efficient about it as possible. And this robot seems very efficient to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PubertySpider001
reply to post by Partygirl

This. This is why people should be vegetarian.

I have, have not missed meat in the least. In my opinion, eating meat is accepting ignorant slops from the system.

Try it.

www.meat.org...

So cave man was eating ignorant slops from the system? Who was in charge of the system back then?

More of the hippie, tree hugging "down with the system man" drivel........

Sorry lol, i just think that statement is off base considering there wasnt a SYSTEM back then.....

I suppose my hunting and killing and eating big game animals makes me apart of the system too?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Dude I am not mad at anybody. Like I sad if I didn't have choices I would kill my own meat and eat it, you know survival of the fittest and Darwin and all that good stuff. But for now I have a choice.

If its between me and a chicken, trust me I will have no problem consuming the little guy.

Again not mad at anybody. Everyone has their own choices to make and ultimately to live with and answer to at the end

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

JustBreath, the point is that these machines, while efficient from a processing standpoint, cause undue harm and suffering to these animals.

Please read this link, it will explain. Efficiency does not equal painlessness.

www.upc-online.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

JustBreath, the point is that these machines, while efficient from a processing standpoint, cause undue harm and suffering to these animals.

Please read this link, it will explain. Efficiency does not equal painlessness.

You must be joking? Painlessness? When you kill anything you are causing that living thing to feel a LOT of pain, A LOT. So don't tell me about painlessness.

edit on 12-7-2011 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your statements are contradictory to one another.

If you read my link..

There are methods of introducing gas that will cause an absolute painless death. In fact, humans and animals feel euphoria for a moment before everything goes black. It's less expensive than all these "efficient" machines too.

This has been considered as a means to carry out executions as well. Please see the link and learn the subject matter before poppin' a tude!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Sorry for drifting off topic.

I'll eat my veggies and you eat the meat

Thanks OP for sharing this new technology with us.

edit on 12-7-2011 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
People need to be worrying about the amount of people it's going to put out of a job more than anything else.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I raise chickens.
My chickens are spoiled.
I WOULD butcher my own chickens and do it right, if rarely, but my area made it illegal for you to butcher your own chickens.

To me THAT is insane. HAVING to buy something you could provide yourself in a kinder, more humane fashion.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this Partygirl.

As an occasional meat-eater, I find it very important to know where my food comes from and how it gets to my plate. Whether I like it or not. More motivation to do it myself.

I was going to raise chickens here at a designated property in town, but the fees are so much that I'd be paying more for meat and eggs at the end of the year--not even including feed, coops, labor, and gas to and fro (oh, and an ornery llama to protect them).

For the record, I'd much rather do it myself, but I just can't afford it.
edit on 7/12/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Chicken is tasty.

Imagine the reptilians have these machines for humans!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
All these meat eaters bitching about how inhumane this is, is sooo hilarious to me. The way people get their meat is so sterilized these days that most people don't even realize that the meat they are consuming use to be ALIVE.

The only way I will eat meat is if I am starving and have to kill the animal myself. If everyone looked into the eyes of the meat they eat when the animal was alive, I guarantee there would be way more vegetarians.

But as far as the technology. I think its pretty awesome how far we've come.

My 2 cents

I doubt it, ive killed my own meat and processed it many times..........man has been doing it since he first was able to..........as well as other animals........

Were suppose to be vegan because killing animals is inhumane, and they are our bretheren? So why arent you mad at other animals for eating meat?

Oh beleive me I'm pissed that I saw a bird eat an insect! J/k. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian or whatever they are called nowadays. However, the food industry is creepy as &*(@# in my eyes, especially after seeing a few documentaries like Food Inc, WOrld According to Monsanto etc. I don't wanna eat or drink crap that is infused with steroids, growth hormone, and antibiotics and who knows what else. The worst part is, all this cheap made food is not only bad for you, but you're making other people rich by buying their (*&# &*@ ! product that even the animal kingdown (maggots included) won't touch. Bizarro..

My meat consumption has gone down alot in the last year. I still love it, miss it, want it. But it's very rare to have plate sized 1" thick steaks. I had some bowel issues that would pop up now and then. But they are gone and now I don't get my yearly flu that leaves me bed ridden for days. *shrug* go ahead, eat it, I dare ya.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join