It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Kids Reaction To Gay Couple

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Saw this video on reddit today and thought it was pretty cool. lol

What does ATS think about this? I think it's amusing if nothing else.

Maybe there is a message to be learned here.

- Drew

Also, I don't know if this has been posted yet. My search didn't turn up anything.

Edit: *snip*. Let me give a summary of what's in the video. *snip*

>Kid goes into the bathroom.
>Two gay people talk to kid.
>Kid confused figures out that they are married to each other.
>Kid laughs.
>Kid goes play ping pong like a boss.

I was not aware that people can't view videos on ATS. In the future I will outline exactly what is in a post.
edit on 7/11/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2011 by gallopinghordes because: (no reason given)

Not everyone can view video links, please post a description of what the video shows.
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.
edit on 7/11/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Staff Edit Restored.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I find this disturbing somehow. Perhaps it is the word married that is used or that the two men identify themselves as both being husbands. I think that is what bothers me.

That is very confusing to a child, much more confusing than it has to be. He is used to husbands and wife's because that is what men and women do, they get married.

Gay couples while I fully support there rights and the right to be joined with all the same laws and privileges that marriage grants two people, it really needs to be called something else. Confusing children is just one of the many problems that is invited when you call it marriage.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

From the mouths of babes...

This is before there is a chance to have parents ignorant ideology pounded into them...sounds like these parents are doing a wonderful job.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

This is something that unsettled me a bit also.

The child seems confused enough in the video as it is. Though I don't think they did much harm. lol What's the worst that could happen?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The child seems confused enough in the video as it is. Though I don't think they did much harm. lol What's the worst that could happen?
reply to post by drew1749

Worst that can happen??

The kid grows up to be tolerant and kind to people that are unlike him...i know...that scares a lot of ATSers..

And the hate trolls will take this thread over in 3....2....1....
edit on 11-7-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by Helious

This is something that unsettled me a bit also.

Yeah, I don't think it's that big of a deal honestly, just seems wrong to present it to him that way. Doesn't seem appropriate for a kid that age to be discussing two husbands to a kid that isn't old enough to understand what that means but what are ya gonna do.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No harm no foul.

The people in the video were probably family members. I know when I was too young to understand I still met and talked to my family members. Regardless of their differences to me.

Also:

And the hate trolls will take this thread over in 3....2....1....

Don't talk like that.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't see a problem here. It looks like a perfectly normal occurrence to me, this is how kids learn.

1. Child observes something new.
2. It is explained to the child.
3. The child interprets the explanation and checks to make sure he is correct.
4. Child goes to play and invites everyone to join him.

This is life, what's the problem?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That's brilliant! Kids are so cool. "You love each other then"...
Yes, that's right. They love each other. That's the crux of the whole thing.

Yes he was confused a bit at first, but he figured it out, without judgment or fear. He accepted it and moved on with his life.

If only adults could do the same.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

4. Child goes to play and invites everyone to join him.

No he goes to play ping pong like a boss. lol

I don't really think anything is wrong with it. I think its a good thing. I mean it makes us more tolerant right?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You are far more confused that this child.
Don't blame your confusion on the fact that this kid learned in about 15 seconds what millions of people in the world are failing to learn:

Gay people are JUST like straight people.
They love each other. They get married. Let's play ping-pong.

edit on 7/11/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
cool vid, strange they had to break it down it the bathroom of all places.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My partner and I have been together since we were 20...12 years later we have 16 nieces and nephews combined..all under 14. They know us as loving uncles that live together..that's it.

We both spoil them rotten when they come and stay with us and we are their favorites. They don't need to know about our sex lives just like no one here needs to know about it...it's not their business or yours.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Funny you should bring that up. Same with my uncles.

I haven't been to see them in years though. They invited us to Christmas last year.

lol glad you are being you. A normal human being that is.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The kid can care less what they are or what they do. Perhaps adults should be more like this kid.

I honestly think that gay folks are born that way the SAME way that I was BORN heterosexual.

In all honesty, I wish that there were MORE gay men in existence so that there would be more available women around!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's cool. Nothing wrong with gay people.

But why do gay people have to go around shouting "IM GAY IM GAY IM GAY" constantly?

Should I walk around announcing to everybody that I'm hetero all the time?

Most of us tolerant heteros are not homophobic, we're just sick of hearing about your sexual preference.

I don't think you need to be calling the other guy confused either. Just like it is ok for you to be comfortable with gay people talking to your kid about two husbands, he is maybe not so comfortable with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They had no business even talking to the kid. I hate when they try to promote their gayness, but to a kid that age? That is just sick.

Deebo

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Love it!

Kids don't complicate things, oh to be a kid!

Real, that's what that was. We obviously can all be reminded that kids don't judge naturally, it's learned as they grow up.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

That is why you hate the people who do that. lol

I will admit it gets annoying.

I ran a podcast for a few months earlier this year. I invited one of my gay friends on. He couldn't shut up about the fact that he was gay. Kinda annoyed me.

In the end it doesn't make them any less of a person though.

Also since this is still on the first page of my thread and people are going to see this. If you see a troll post or something offensive let's just not reply to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Children have to be programed to hate and fear. This kid obviously has good parents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join