It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

As for police investigations, have there been any REGULAR meetings set up between the RCMP and the native leaders in order to keep these files active and open? After all this time, there must be some strategies in place on both sides, one would expect

After reading how many cases are still 'unsolved' - these being murder cases where the bodies have been recovered and identified - that are STILL unsolved to date? I have a sinking feeling not much at all is being done on ANY level.

Thanks for your input.

peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Trust me when I say the crooked SS cops won't be trying too much, and if they ever solve it, it will just be setting someone up.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
This is all very sad considering that these women/girls are so young and vulnerable.

Whether their race is an issue or not they seem to be targeted more because of their bad social situations, drugs and prostitution etc. Generally the authorities care less about these kinds of people.

I read one of the links you provided Silo13 and it says one of the victims was found in a basement room, murdered but that police would not be releasing the exact cause of death. That sounded suspicious to me and led to me digging up some disturbing accounts that would explain why the police are not solving the murders......

Hi there, if the possibility is of serial killings and assuming the owner of said basement is not a suspect, then not releasing the actual cause of death has precedents. It can reduce the false claims from wannabe infamous types, plus also reduce the risk of copycat killings. Sad that this should need to be the case, but that seems to be how it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by burntheships

Yet, just looking for news about this I came across a recent news article where
another women went missing!

Yes! Her disappearance is why the info is going MSM. Why? Because she's white.

That doesn't take away from the fact I hope she's found safe and sound and I'll keep her and her family in my prayers - but - where were the cops and main stream media for the decades of missing Aboriginal women?

peace

Just because you've only heard about this now doesn't mean it's the first time it is "going MSM". This has been reported on for decades; police have investigated connections with the Green River killer, and Robert Picton, with no solid leads.

It's very likely not one person committing these crimes; especially given the time frame involved. As for the fact that it's mostly aboriginal women that have gone missing: well, it's an area with a large aboriginal population. Driving along the highways in the north, you tend to see lots of hitchhikers. Add the fact that most of the women missing were prostitutes (read: frequently getting into strangers' cars and driving off) and drug addicts (read: frequently disappearing for days without checking in with anyone) and it's not hard to see why police investigations are difficult.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to point this out but I have been writing about Native American Issues and crimes committed against us... Just a few minutes ago I posted yet another story...Native Family Attacked by Skinheads...

problem is nothing ever happens... these stories never make the news... more often than not the mainstream media turns a blind eye.... these stories only ever come to the public's attention thanks to social media like ATS... besides where else but ATS will you find people to show the world just had bad things really are...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by seeker11

You're so beautiful (if that avatar is you) and so full of life. I am just breathing a sigh of relief you are not one of the missing.

The names you listed? Knowing that more than likely they died in pain, in fear, in terror leaving families behind, mothers who love them... It breaks my heart.

If you're up for it can you give us more first hand information of living in that area - the stories? The 'feelings' you got being near that area? We would, I would, truly appreciate it, unless it would upset you.

Bless you!

peace

Thank you for the compliment, yes that is me.

As for living in this area, I LOVED growing up there, (I lived in Prince George, and Vanderhoof at different times) but the stigma surrounding that highway always had me being very very cautious walking along it. I was definitely afraid, whether from the stories I had heard growing up or simply because of the 'feeling' I got on the highway, I can't be sure.

Before my family moved away in 2009, a couple years previous the last person to disappear there that I know of was Nicole Hoar. A 25 year old girl, her backpack was found a few miles from my house,
body never found though. I always feel such sadness thinking about these women, and their last moments. I had plenty of dreams surrounding that highway growing up, dreams of being lost in the snow, wandering it alone, running from men chasing me down, interesting now that I think of it, perhaps I was picking up on what these women were going through or had gone through. *shivers*

I never felt fear walking through the forests, or anything (other than a healthy fear of wild animals) but the highway was completely different. While walking, if by myself I always was planning escape routes and what I would do if confronted with a situation. I usually tried to look boyish too, baggy pants, baggy hoody try not to draw attention to myself, unless I was with another person.

My best friend also grew up on an Indian Reservation, so I spent plenty of time with her there, I was always shocked at the amount of women who would hitchike a ride back to the reservation from Vanderhoof, BC, which is probably about 15k or so away. Even my best friend did it a couple of times niavely trusting that one of her friends from the reserve would pick her up. I always gave her hell for this thank god nothing bad ever happened to her.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The work needs to be done to get these poor girls off the street and into a better life..... One girl at time and hopefully faster than then they are "thrown away"

As far as police being involved in these things or ritualistic groups working in an organized fashion....... pffft
I don't buy it!

Most of these girls are living a life at the bottom of barrel and when they do that, they end up WITH the bottom of the barrel of society. those that have no regard for human life or themselves. you don't believe it.... go have a look at the "wrong side of town" in vancouver and see just how sad of a life these girls are stuck in.

I wish I had a magic wand!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I don't know if I can go on with this thread. I just don't. This is just so far beyond the scope of my reality I can't even breath.

Genocide on a massive scale. In Canada. Women. Children. Families torn apart forever.

AND IT'S STILL GOING ON!!!

Please, take the time, if you can to view this video. I'll look for a transcript for those who can't view it.

It's an award winning film documenting the Canadian government and churches active involvement in the genocide of the Aboriginal, First Nation People.

To date.

peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

youtu.be...

Agreed. My point was taken from a news piece - where in the author described the lack of MSM attention to the murders as the occur - compared to the MSM attention to a 'white' girl/women being murdered. I just made it a personal statement in my, well, my frustration.

Thank you
peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I remember once, in 2008, my sister and I were walking along the road and this car pulled up beside us it was 2 asian guys. The passenger was sitting in the backseat. The guy in the backseat looked like he had been punched in the face, his nose was bleeding profusely blood running down his face. The driver was asking us how to get to Prince Rupert, (he was driving toward Prince George) Prince Rupert was hundreds of miles in the opposite direction. Still to this day I think he meant Prince George, but he went in other direction after speaking with us. I'll never forget the extremely odd feeling I got from that encounter though. Not a good feeling at all, I hope that man in the back seat was OK, I always had a feeling that that driver was up to no good.

Strange things happen on that highway, that's for sure.
edit on 11-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

but the highway was completely different

Because others have brought up questions of the impact of negative energy, negative lay lines on specific areas I'd like to ask you one more question.

Was your reticence of walking the highway based on the stories you'd heard in your community - or - something 'else' - a 'feeling'? Or both?

Thank you, I really appreciate your participation in this thread.

Edit to add

Strange things happen on that highway, that's for sure.

This is what I'm trying to understand...

peace
edit on 11-7-2011 by silo13 because: see edit

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I agree the media plays the role of bought off silence.

The real thing that needs to happen, is WE NEED TO CREATE OUR OWN MEDIA.

Every community could have one or more newsprint, delivered door to door FREE. Like the Western Advertiser in Penticton. No charge, everyone got one. Its paid for by advertising. We don't need to advertise corrupt businesses and pyramids. Local ethical businesses, and really educate people about the real news, the real hard hitting questions we should have on every issue. Some of the conpsiracies themselves.

They could showcase local journalism, by natives, and citizens, teens even, community events, fundraisers, fun days, paid for by advertising.

They could showcase protests and the Spanish type protests, where they handed flowers out to the SS thugs that suppressed thousands of people standing up for justice.

The paper itself should be a non profit co-operative, they can't target one group or family.

And never allow them to shut it down. Spring up another and another no matter what, in every town, in ever province.

That is the best way of waking people up to the corruption and lies by the controlled media.

Of course these stories don't make news.

Also blog radio, interviews. People could have a lot of fun learning to be real media hounds who get the bottom of issues.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I hate to be the one to point this out but I have been writing about Native American Issues and crimes committed against us... Just a few minutes ago I posted yet another story...Native Family Attacked by Skinheads...

problem is nothing ever happens... these stories never make the news... more often than not the mainstream media turns a blind eye.... these stories only ever come to the public's attention thanks to social media like ATS... besides where else but ATS will you find people to show the world just had bad things really are...

Hi, while it sounds like your most recent thread highlights terrible racist crime, is this really the same? I'll say upfront that I'm not Canadian and don't know the area at all, but if the majority of missing/known murdered are indiginous, and the majority of people in the area are indiginous (assumption on my part as I have no idea of the demographics) then isn't it statistically more likely that victims will be indiginous and possibly also the person/s who committed any crime?

I'm sorry if that comes across a little coldly, not meant to and it goes without saying that the persons race, sex, colour or creed shouldn't in any way cheapen the crime - where it can be proven a crime has been committed.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hi Unity 99 - thank you for the post. I encourage you to make a thread about exactly this issue. What a GREAT way for communities to draw together - right when we need it the most. Please! If nothing else just re-post, this post, and do it!

I can only believe something like what you've suggested? Might have, no, would have saved some of these woman's/girl's lives.

peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll try, so far my threads on trying to change things don't get much attention. Too many tap into the problems, but when it comes to the solutions, they can't get on the same page. People need a real voice. Most don't go online for their news, though that is slowly increasing, so newsprint, in their hand with a community effort, something their own children can get involved with, would be such a growth in awareness locally. People need to start realizing all the institutions surrounding them from politics to media are corrupt. Even if people sent in the most obvious, cost efficient, yet generous and equalizing solutions, they won't be adopted.

We need to solve these problems locally ourselves, in groups, and we need to flex muscles in local leadership, sharing this.

Also finding correct placement, ie. general category, social issues and unrest? I've had several threads moved to off topic, and they don't get seen there.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am curious if these disappearences are relatedd to the dismembered feet that keep washing up along the pacific coast..

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My guess would either be cannibals near by, or members of the satanic church kidnapping them for the purpose of impregnating them and/or sacrificing them. Next more likely guess would probably be compass variations, or some type of local magnetic anomaly like the similar speculations about the Bermuda Triangle.
edit on 11-7-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by silo13

I am curious if these disappearences are relatedd to the dismembered feet that keep washing up along the pacific coast..

deleted need to research first.
edit on 11-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by silo13

That would be a long way for the bodies to travel, as most of these disappearnces happened in the Northern Interior.

Seven feet belonging to five individuals were discovered between August 2007 and October 2009 along the South Coast of B.C., leading to speculation of foul play. So far, authorities have positively identified four as belonging to three individuals.

"With the assistance of law enforcement partners, the [Coroners] service continues to work toward identifying the remaining three, which originate from one male and one female. To date, no evidence indicates any of the deaths are suspicious," the statement said.

www.sott.net...

The coroner has said that in each case, the feet appear to have separated naturally from the bodies.

Still, wild theories have abounded over the origins of the found feet, including involvement by organized crime and that they are the remains of ship stowaways discovered and thrown overboard at sea

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
We Need To Create Our Own Media Outlets, Our Own Local Newspapers!

Under Education and Media.

This is a very good thread. And they've ignored testimony, made it hearsay, that links our officials, including the bought off native ones, police, and the cia backed major gangsters, for years. People have been silenced. I think we need to show that we're never going to be silenced and their corruption ends now. For we're going to the spotlight on them, nonstop, where it deserves to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join