It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Your Electric Meter Has Been Changed Recently You Might Be Under Surveillance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The meters are connected BEFORE your circuit box... so all they can measure is peak usage time. They CANNOT pick out whether or not its your hair dryer computer or any other device.

It merely tells them the time of day you use it the most

Silly Paranoid Lemmings

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is part of the obambi/klinton/UN system to control and make equal everyones lives(except theirs)...no one can be warmer or cooler than anyone else....if you use too much of a daily allotment,they cut you off til everyone else catches up....
edit on 7/10/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

obambi of course..he watches everyone...or wants to....Im wondering if they can be wrapped in foil or other blocking material when you wnt to?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
do you know that if you reflect laser light off a window that you can hear the conversations inside the house. Did you know that with a sniffer on the router you use for a gateway at your ISP - I can record anything that you transmit over the internet. The paranoia is really deep in here.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We had no choice but to get one of these things installed either, and we live in a pretty rural area. The meters are supposed to lower energy use. My bills have actually gone up quite a bit. I'm not sure the meters work (at least for their stated purpose.) It's almost like they still charge whatever the heck they want to. I never thought about them being used to "spy". I know they can send in reports about the peak hours of your energy usage and the hours that we don't use that much electricity. I suppose they could be used for something else.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Don't forget about his drop down comment box letter!

Energy Customer's Name
Street Address
City State Zip

TO:
Energy Provider
Street Address
City State Zip

Date of letter

NOTICE OF NO CONSENT TO TRESPASS AND SURVEILLANCE, NOTICE OF LIABILITY

Dear (Energy Provider) and all agents, officers, employees, contractors and interested parties,

If you intend to install a "Smart Meter" or any activity monitoring device at the above address, you and all other parties are hereby denied consent for installation and use of all such device on the above property and installation and use of any activity monitoring device is hereby refused and prohibited. Informed consent is legally required for installation of any surveillance device and any device that will collect and transmit private and personal data to undisclosed and unauthorized parties for undisclosed and unauthorized purposes. Authorization for sharing of personal and private information may only be given by the originator and subject of that information. That authorization is hereby denied and refused with regard to the above property and all its occupants. "Smart Meters" violate the law and cause endangerment to residents by the following factors:
1. They individually identify electrical devices inside the home and record when they are operated causing invasion of privacy.
2. They monitor household activity and occupancy in violation of rights and domestic security.
3. They transmit wireless signals which may be intercepted by unauthorized and unknown parties. Those signals can be used to monitor behavior and occupancy and they can be used by criminals to aid criminal activity against the occupants.
4. Data about occupant's daily habits and activities are collected, recorded and stored in permanent databases which are accessed by parties not authorized or invited to know and share that private data.
5. Those with access to the smart meter databases can review a permanent history of household activities complete with calendar and time-of-day metrics to gain a highly invasive and detailed view of the lives of the occupants.
6. Those databases may be shared with, or fall into the hands of criminals, blackmailers, law enforcement, private hackers of wireless transmissions, power company employees, and other unidentified parties who may act against the interests of the occupants under metered surveillance.
7. "Smart Meters" are, by definition, surveillance devices which violate Federal and State wiretapping laws by recording and storing databases of private and personal activities and behaviors without the consent or knowledge of those people who are monitored.
8. It is possible for example, with analysis of certain "Smart Meter" data, for unauthorized and distant parties to determine medical conditions, sexual activities, physical locations of persons within the home, vacancy patterns and personal information and habits of the occupants.
9. Your company has not adequately disclosed the particular recording and transmission capabilities of the smart meter, or the extent of the data that will be recorded, stored and shared, or the purposes to which the data will and will not be put.

I forbid, refuse and deny consent of any installation and use of any monitoring, eavesdropping, and surveillance devices on my property, my place of residence and my place of occupancy. That applies to and includes "Smart Meters" and activity monitoring devices of any and all kinds. Any attempt to install any such device directed at me, other inhabitants, guests, my property or residence will constitute trespass, stalking, wiretapping and unlawful surveillance, all prohibited and punishable by law through criminal and civil complaints. All persons, government agencies and private organizations responsible for installing or operating monitoring devices directed at or recording my activities, which I have not specifically authorized in writing, will be fully liable for any violations, intrusions, harm or negative consequences caused or made possible by those devices whether those negative consequences are justified by "law" or not..

This is legal notice. After this delivery the liabilities listed above may not be denied or avoided by parties named and implied in this notice.

Notice to principal is notice to agent and notice to agent is notice to principal. All rights reserved.

Signature

Name of energy user and/or customer

He's given everyone permission to use this in the video. It's your legal 'opt out' notification to your local power utility.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

Prob not right now...the idea is to get them in with as little nosie as possible THEN reveal what all they can really do....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I work directly with these meters and everybody needs to calm down. Nobody is spying on you. These meters allow utility companies to do away with meter readers coming into your yard every month and allow them to turn off your power remotely when you don't pay your bill.

Do you really think anyone cares how many times a day you use your hair dryer or washer? It's only a way to cut the number of employees that a company pays benefits and retirement. Nobody is interested in your daily habits in your home.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

This guy is a fool. You can tell the electric co. that you don't want them trespassing and they will deny you service. You won't have any electricity at all. The law states that they must have unimpeded access to thier meter (it belongs to them) at all times.

Zorgon is right about where the meter is in the circuit. They only see total amps drawn on the circuit not which outlet it comes from or what appliance is using electricity. PLEASE understand how things work before you freak out.
edit on 10-7-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You are very paranoid. The main reason for Smart meters is that once they are installed they don't have to send a metter reader out to your home every month. BTW a meter reader is legally entitled to enter your property and report anything suspicous. Thus in a way, the installation of a smart meter, actually keeps them off my property (not that I cared). I seriously doubt these meters can do much more than just read the amount of power you are using. I. E. they cannot read what particular appliance is using the electricty.

If you do think this true i would start running electric cords all over the house. Plug your tv into the bathroom, your dishwasher into the kid's room, the hair dryer into the garage, and what will get them is when you plug your cell phone into an outside outlet. Just imagine the looks on their faces as they try to figure it out!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Well having no power will drastically cut your bill

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Well having no power will drastically cut your bill

lmao.. esp. if Nev. Energy is involved!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You may be interested to know that in the UK there is going to be a mandatory roll out of smart meters. Every home should have one by 2018 and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.
Let me tell you some more things about these smart meters.

They transmit data every 30 mins on your usage. This means its possible for an energy supplier...or 3rd party to work out your daily lifestyle. They will be able to estimate when you get up and go to bed, when you are in the house and when it is empty. They will be able to fairly accurately profile a big chunk of your life.

It gets worse...get behind on your energy bills and they can transform them to prepayment meters at the flick of a switch! With the old meters they had to actually come and replace the meter, and because of this would usually seek to obtain a warrant first in case of needing to force entry. Now they will be able to do it whenever they want. Remember, technically energy companies are under no obligation to offer credit, they will see it as a favour. So those of us on low incomes...get used to the idea of having a prepayment meter and extended periods of no electricity. And dont go thinking its illegal to have no electricity...its not and they will do it.

There have been large outcries against these meters internationally, and partly on health grounds. Many people suffer from electrosensitivity, and with these being forced into their home and transmitting data every 30 mins, have been condemned to a life of ill health and suffering.

Smart meters may be smart...but they really arent much use if the transmitted data is never used to produce your bill. Companies such as First Utility in UK are renowned for fitting smart meters and then estimating peoples bills for months and months. People have been forced to pay rediculous amounts that they have estimated or threatened with disconnection.

It is worth bearing in mind that there is already talk of these smart meters having dual usage and being used to monitor other things such as temperature of the home. Whilst this kind of thing appears useful to care for the elderly, it is a slippery slope and an indication of things to come. Basically not good to have a device in your home, all set up to transmit data about you every 30 mins.

These meters are going to be forced into your home between 2014 and 2018. The goverment is allowing a 4 year period to try to sneak them in through the back door and avoid a national outcry. By the time any major campaign against them is mounted, they hope that most people will already have one, thus the resistance to the smart meter will have already be significantly reduced.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is like the Smart Thermostats in California that allow the companies to adjust the thermostat to keep everyone "equally cool".Same plan,differnt approach...and yes,they can build a very accurate profile of life in your home...Im asking,again,if it can be blocked with foil or some sort of barrier to keep the monitoring random?....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I am sure you could block it, but then they would be around to gain access to THEIR meter. If you did not allow them access in UK they could certainly gain a warrant. Any signs of tampering and potentially you would be disconnected and charged with a criminal offence.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

I know that if you shut ot down permantly they would freak...but Id say block it twice a day then let it go....mess with their minds and throw off all the data by making it unreliable....say at each peak half hr,breakfast and dinner,block it...be fun if you did it right

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I dont want them monitoring me but I honestly do not care. I care to the point that I dont want to be treated like a lab rat, and i want privacy but they do not need smart meters to get this information. smart meters just made it easier for them to get this information.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Heh

Let 'em try to put this on my house, let 'em try.

The appliances need a "blue tooth" like link to talk, I will remove the link from MY appliances! Sure, they can sift through and try to figure out if I am vibrating, or using my ps2 controller from the power usage, other than that pfft.

Go ahead, try to spy! I know how to remove usless technology, and my coffee pot doesn't need blue tooth to make coffee
Only needs it to spy...

EDIT

Of course, a "smart computer" would that let them know what websites I visit? (Ha! Take that 4th Ammendment!)
edit on 7/10/2011 by adigregorio because: Afterthought

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme

Do you really think anyone cares how many times a day you use your hair dryer or washer?

If they dont care then why are they monitoring it?

Originally posted by isitjustme
It's only a way to cut the number of employees that a company pays benefits and retirement. in your home.

Thats the problem. Typical capitalist depersonalization.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Silly Paranoid Lemmings

I am no lemming! For instance, that claim you made there do you have a source to back it up?

I mean a lemming would just assume you are correct from your post alone, but like I said I am no lemming.

(For clarification)

The meters are connected BEFORE your circuit box... so all they can measure is peak usage time.

Source?

They CANNOT pick out whether or not its your hair dryer computer or any other device.

Source?

It merely tells them the time of day you use it the most

Source?

Furthermore, on that last one. If it can NOT tell the difference, then how does it know what time of day I used it? I mean the meter (according to you) does not know what I am using, but it knows when I used it.

Again, according to you: The Meter does NOT know what appliance I am using, it just knows I used that appliance for some amount of time.

I know they have been used to bust "grow houses" and "meth labs" in Indiana. Unfortunatly I do not have a source at this time, though if you provide your sources I will provide mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join