It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies And Gentlemen, We Have A Totally New Scariest Jobs Chart Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Buisness Insider

The above link leads to a graph showing the average duration of unemployment.

So I know I'm feeling the pain of looking for full-time work (I consider myself dam lucky to have steady part-time) and have been looking for close to 9 months.

How many others are feeling the truth of the graph?

Makes me laugh at my earlier thread, asking people to donate money to pay the debt link

edit on 9-7-2011 by Soltari because: Cleaning up

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
off topic sorry was referring to your other thread
edit on 9-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: removed post off topic

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

I have applied to well over 100 places in the past three months. I have yet to hear from one.

I have even volunteered, free of charge, just to get more experiance, but have still been turned down.

I'm a retired Vet, so at least I have that going for me. But everyone I know throughout the country say the job situation looks bleak in their part of the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My husband is looking but not finding. Everyone around here wants people with degrees - even for jobs that pay little, like pre-k childcare or forklift operator.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Im 62 years young
The small company I worked for had to lay me off due to no work contracts
I spent 14 months looking for work and on unimployment ..nobody wants to hire someone my age..Truth is age discrimation is a fact.
I went ahead and retired just to survive I now work part time for the company that layed me off after 14 years Jobs are hard to find even for construction companys.
The Government and Citys are not setting up projects for bid..thus no work for the little guy companys..means no work for employs .

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am 20 in a big city and i cant find a job. I have been looking for a year

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

When I started In construction many years ago I had no experence . So I joined a union and got into an apprentice program with the operating engineres to learn to operate heavy equipment.
The unions are pretty much gone down here in Texas due to the right to work laws so no training programs .
Deside what you want to do in your work and find a school or on the job training and go that route .Skill = Work
Down here in Texas you need a TWIT card ( To Work In Texas ) in order to work for the Port Athority as well just another 140 dollars you cant afford but you have to have it to do anything from tieing up ships to being a security guard

edit on 9-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I have a heavy equipment operators lisence..cant run equipment on a Government instalation without it.
Just something else to stop the inexperenced from working IMHO

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

OK, we're surely taking this out of context. Someone please page ATS user Gorgi to tell us how we're wrong and this is a sign that there's a general trend that everything's getting better.

Perhaps this just means that as soon as the Fed fixes everything, everyone's jobs will be secured for a much longer timeframe?

Seriously, though...the thing that kills me about it is joblessness timeframe or unemployment outright (I believe) now exceeds that during the great depression, and if we were still measuring unemployment today the same way as we were in the '70s, it would be *ballpark* 23% or so, if I remember correctly.

Indicators and trackers have been so fudged, but compared to the way we tracked them in the past, things no be quite so rosy as some are led to believe...I'm sorry, but it's MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN time and the writing is on the wall. For some reason, a lot of people are still believing in the myth of american exceptionalism and that everything is hunky-dory, but without some fundamental changes (and soon), this once-great nation will be many times less recognizable as compared to the idyllic 50s so many seem to think we're still blessed with.

new topics

top topics

join