It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If We Don't Have A RIGHT To Question A Police Officer Then We Are Living In A Police State!"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

The pepper spray doesn't bother me anymore from the many times I've gone through the gas chamber in the Army. It just made me more mad when they did.

Seriously though I was lucky in a way though as the officers still had respect for me after what happened.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman

The pepper spray doesn't bother me anymore from the many times I've gone through the gas chamber in the Army. It just made me more mad when they did.

Seriously though I was lucky in a way though as the officers still had respect for me after what happened.

Yeah, I'm surprised they just let you off the hook like that. Did the judge throw you in jail for attacking him? Did they make you sober up or anything.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman

Yeah, I'm surprised they just let you off the hook like that. Did the judge throw you in jail for attacking him? Did they make you sober up or anything.

Yea he threw me in jail on $25,000/bail, I went in 3 days later for another arraignment and he lowered it to $500. The lawyer I had was going to sue the police and judge for arraigning me as drunk as I was and for false arrest. That second arraignment I went in for was the last time I went into court and I guess it didn't hurt much that the judge and my grandfather were good friends at one time.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SpectreDC

Thank you - and no its not the first time ive been invovled in this topic on this site -

ATS Thread - Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)
ATS Thread - Case Dismissed Against Woman Arrested While Videotaping Police

and in both of those threads the underlying argument is false. She never was arrested for recording the Police. She was arrested for failing to oey a lawful command.

Since the charges were dropped by the PA, MS. Good has since filed a civil suit for false arrest and violatin her civil rights - which wont go anywhere.

They also ignore that MS. Good has been down this road prior to this incident, up to and including being arrested for failing to obey lawful commands by other officers while proteting foreclosures.

She would have been completely ignored if she did not have the camera, it was her recording that brought about the thugish actions of the LEO, and obviously, from the ticketing harassment that followed the whole force needs to be fired.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The lady was totally in the wrong.You dont go harrassing a cop in the middle of a stop.Are there bad cops? yes and here is one reason i believe is the cause.
My brother in law is now the chief of police in a medium town,he is on srt and homeland security.And from all the years of dealing with drunks,domestics,and all the bad of society,He has become extremely biased and opinionated of people.I wouldnt take his advise on dealing with anyone about anything.The majority of the force drinks and drives often,They lie to cover each others backs when they are wrong,The majority of our local force are pieces of crap as people.
I go to there events and assist in training their k9,s(try to anyways as they are terrible handlers thats another thread),hang out with them at occasional outings,and know most of them personally.and they for the most part do a good job of fighting crime.but as people....total garbage.the crap they do is just unbelievable.Not to mention the whole warthogs biker gang made up of police and fireman(there alter ego of being baddasses)And this is in a tourist area in ohio.
And as a side note,the natiopnal recognized distance for safety is 21 feet from a police standpoint.And they can tell you to back away from any situation they are legally involved in.They cannot tell you to go into your home,just to the entrance.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've noticed that if I am not filming the police i am totally ignored, once the camera comes out, and its obvious i'm filming a whole new attitude comes out, I have taken to just hanging my phone from a lanyard around my neck and standing there like a normal bystander

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
She was NOT arrested for video taping, the officers never even told her to stop recording, they only told her to go inside while they conducted an investigation. She is in the wrong. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stormofnight

Wait what? Your post is pretty confusing...

She wasnt talking to the cops until they started talking to her... How is that in the wrong? She was just standing there recording from her own property...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Kitilani

What's up with the personal attacks? When I said uneducated, I was referring the law, not emotional opinion. Which we are all entitled to and wouldn’t have it any other way.

What personal attacks. You said if you were the cop, you would punish her good. What for? For not being charged? For filming? What exactly would you take revenge out on her for? To me that sounds like empty armchair talk and the idea that if you were that cop you would automatically be able to punish her does more to demonstrate your ignorance of the law than mine. If you take anything I write as an attack you probably need a thicker skin for a guy that sits around plotting imaginary revenge on women you do not know for doing something so evil you cannot articulate it.

And yep, I probably would not have handled the situation the way the officer did. I have a low tolerance for BS, but am working on it.

Like I just said...

It seems that you have a vested interest in this case.

The other thing I have noticed is that the more you defend you stance, the more obtuse it becomes.

And just to point out, your being a chairborne ranger yourself at the moment.

I am just addressing the facts. You are the one talking about what you would do if you could do it. I hope you come to understand the difference. My argument has not altered or waivered in this case one bit so the only thing becoming more obtuse is my ability to respond on topic to posts about murder and how men would seek out revenge on Emily.

Nothing to say on my response about the lawsuit? Is it too agreeable to argue with so we just ignore it? One thing I noticed in these threads is whenever I call someone out on something, they usually try to call me on the exact same thing a post or two later with no actual substance or referential quotes.

She was unlawfully arrested. We have the right to question unlawful orders. We sure as hell have that right when a cop trespasses and attempts to strip us of our rights. The court apparently agreed.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I said if I were the officer, I would fight her in court if she sued. How is that punishment or revenge?

And the lawsuit hasn't happened yet. You are set in your mind.

Apparently, in your mind, anyone that disagrees with Emily must be a women hater. I hope I'm wrong.

G'Nite all.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Her presence and proximity raised the officers concern, when they questioned her like they would anyone else she copped an attitude. Yes she was on her own property but it was still in the public eye, If you stand in your front yard naked its still illegal.,

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58

Police are public servants, They can be filmed and photographed at anytime on duty...

The supreme court even ruled that cops have to have a tough skin... Obviously this one missed the memo...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

and if you watch the video, the officers NEVER asked her to stop recording, so you make an invalid point

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You bring all this on yourselves anyway with your gun policy and beating suspects, remember Rodney King? I think its a bit of an over exagerated OP title and all this anti police / pro mouthy black female is all about something for more sinister.

Fact is, she wasnt arrested for questioning a police officer, you do have the right to question one, so if you have the right to question one, does that mean you are NOT living in a police state?

Absolutely not, you may have the right to question them, they have the right to not answer you.

America can be an awful country, in no small part made worse by your outdated gun ownership policy, your drugs policy and your immigration problem which drives a panic that every stop a police officer makes could be a life / death situation. But in England and Australia (two countries I have lived in) some of the police are just as bad.

Its a matter of the small minority giving all police a bad name and sensationalist people like this woman trying to make a case for herself as some crusader, too many Black Power videos as a kid, Martin Luther blah blah. You have a black president for christ sake, move on, slavery was a long time ago.

Now its just you all live in fear cos everyone has a gun, see it on here, the guy posing by his Kalashnikov - what have you got that for and does it have a name. Of course it does, you probably think that you dont deserve to goto jail for selling drugs and will shoot the officer who is trying to clean up the neighbourhood, Im not breaking the law...well sir, you are.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

Haha, boy you lucked out. Good thing! Also, thank you for your service in the military!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

The lady in question is the one sitting next to the black lady...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Since I am not one of the chosen to enter into the kingdom of heaven, I could care less if your god is a loving god, The mere fact that he murdered every first born male in Egypt, if i were to believe in this idea of a loving caring god, i would HAVE to judge him as an evil SOB that needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
Since I am not one of the chosen to enter into the kingdom of heaven, I could care less if your god is a loving god, The mere fact that he murdered every first born male in Egypt, if i were to believe in this idea of a loving caring god, i would HAVE to judge him as an evil SOB that needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

LOL what? This seems a bit off topic!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58

He asks her to go in her house, because he feels unsafe with her filming them...

She follows the order and steps back 1 foot, then they keep asking more and more... unlawful requests...

How is this legit?

Heres the original

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SpectreDC

Thank you - and no its not the first time ive been invovled in this topic on this site -

ATS Thread - Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)
ATS Thread - Case Dismissed Against Woman Arrested While Videotaping Police

and in both of those threads the underlying argument is false. She never was arrested for recording the Police. She was arrested for failing to oey a lawful command.
*snip*

You keep saying this. However it was the fact that she was filming that got her arrested. The charge of course is not going to be "video taping officers" since there is no such charge they can pin on her. This happens all the time. It's never a charge of videotaping but it is always some "arrest anyone" charge. My favourite one is resisting without violence. If she had just stood there watching nothing would've happened so your statement is false.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

A lawful order?
What was the order specifically?
And what law or statute was the order based upon.
Lawful orders are based upon laws. If she was in the guys cops face impeding his ability to do his work and the police tell her to move then she's violating a law. Interfering with police business.
Filming the police from her yard? I would have to argue how is that interfering.

Let's say that instead of a woman filming. It was a local news crew filming from that yard. Would the cop try to arrest a news crew from filming?

Remember that the Police lie. It's a tactic that they use to get people to comply and or aid in investigations.
As long as they aren't breaking any laws they can lie. I think that in this case the officer lied and was wrong. That's why her charges were dropped. They wouldn't stand up in court.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join